Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Stadium development updates

62 posts in this topic

Would you loose the carboot?

Fly carboot, fly!

:happy:

The Proposed Development includes plans (and I believe outline Planning Permission) for a covered Standing area of around 12 -14 steps at the Bywell

Road end of the Ground.  This was included in the presentation by the Developers and MS some time ago in the Royal Suite and is on the publicity material

distributed at the same time.  The new Car Park will be located behind this Stand as the current Car Park will be the site of the all-weather floodlit Training Pitch

and the 2 smaller multi-use areas.  The club will.of course, be using these facilities to develop future Income streams.

Hello Dewsbury Reporter nice to see you here. I hope your going to be a regular poster, as offical news about the Rams is always welcome here.

Roger Ram

I'm prepared to be shot at here but I think overall this may be a lost opportunity.

Bearing in mind the proximity to the Batley border, I think a site owned by the 2 local clubs playing from this location would have been a fantastic opportunity.

However my masterplan would have been to have one club capable of playing in SL from this location, who were playing in a stadium to match.

But that clearly wouldn't please the 1500 people who watch the 2 clubs now. However it just might have sparked some interest in the 100,000 or so who don't.

Hello Dewsbury Reporter nice to see you here. I hope your going to be a regular poster, as offical news about the Rams is always welcome here.

Roger Ram

Fantastic news!

Now lets just wait for all the dog walkers who have never actually walked their dog, and old the old people who have too much time on their hands to form a mass opposition :/

I'm prepared to be shot at here but I think overall this may be a lost opportunity.

Bearing in mind the proximity to the Batley border, I think a site owned by the 2 local clubs playing from this location would have been a fantastic opportunity.

However my masterplan would have been to have one club capable of playing in SL from this location, who were playing in a stadium to match.

But that clearly wouldn't please the 1500 people who watch the 2 clubs now. However it just might have sparked some interest in the 100,000 or so who don't.

An idea previously touted by the RFL. Problem is, that of the 101,500 people of which you speak, 100,000 of them either have no interest in sport at all or would prefer SL, lower division soccer, dominoes or horizontal jogging. The majority of the 1500 diehards would sooner be disembowelled than be part of a single HW team, and if it ever happened it would be unlikely to pull in more supporters than the individual clubs do now. Bit like if fev and cas merged really. (raised eyebrows emotion - yes they still aren't working)

Fantastic news!

Now lets just wait for all the dog walkers who have never actually walked their dog, and old the old people who have too much time on their hands to form a mass opposition :/

Careful what you say about old people FF - some of them might just post on this forum you know.

Don't rile old people.  :angry:

An idea previously touted by the RFL. Problem is, that of the 101,500 people of which you speak, 100,000 of them either have no interest in sport at all or would prefer SL, lower division soccer, dominoes or horizontal jogging. The majority of the 1500 diehards would sooner be disembowelled than be part of a single HW team, and if it ever happened it would be unlikely to pull in more supporters than the individual clubs do now. Bit like if fev and cas merged really. (raised eyebrows emotion - yes they still aren't working)

GOR. Look at the greyed-out panel where the emoticons etc are. There is a little symbol like a light switch there - try clicking this.

HTH

GOR. Look at the greyed-out panel where the emoticons etc are. There is a little symbol like a light switch there - try clicking this.

HTH

Testing one two three . :wacko:  ........ :O it works... :)  :) :)  

Thanks BSJ - going to have go on one of those computer education courses for old gimps. :lol:

Fantastic news for the club and well done to those involved. As always with the Rams it is a long hard road, but some light on the horizon.

Careful what you say about old people FF - some of them might just post on this forum you know.

Don't rile old people.  :angry:

Thankfully not all old people have too much time on their hands ;)

Testing one two three . :wacko: ........ :O it works... :):) :)

Thanks BSJ - going to have go on one of those computer education courses for old gimps. :lol:

There is cheap course running at the moment in Damacus. I'm sure we could av a whip round over here to send coolie, eddie , BSJ and your goodself GOR;)

Don't rile old people. :angry:

Careful Trolly dolly if BSJ finds his teeth he might bite you!

Careful Trolly dolly if BSJ finds his teeth he might bite you!

I'm not a trolly dolly.

But I can see how you would think that, given you've probably never been further than Batley park.

I'm not a trolly dolly.

But I can see how you would think that, given you've probably never been further than Batley park.

That's right your not a trolly dolly and I'm not a genious.....oh hang on a mo I telling fibs about one of us ;)

Yeah thanks WR, what a great supporter of the club you are too for helping make this stand a reality, imsure it will look brill when the projects complete and us as a club should feel very proud of its hard working voluntary working supporters such as yourself :-) What will be the capacity of the new stand?

:lol:  :lol:  (see - they're still working) WHIP round ? - coolie is right - you do have hidden depths. :O

There is cheap course running at the moment in Damacus. I'm sure we could av a whip round over here to send coolie, eddie , BSJ and your goodself GOR;)

Yeah thanks WR, what a great supporter of the club you are too for helping make this stand a reality, imsure it will look brill when the projects complete and us as a club should feel very proud of its hard working voluntary working supporters such as yourself :-) What will be the capacity of the new stand?

+1

I think we all realise that but for the time  money and effort put into the club by MS, his co administrators and altruists like WR, we wouldn't have a club to support, so they have my gratitude anyway. I doubt anybody outside of the troll community questions their commitment. Hopefully problems on the field will  be resolved very quickly and leave each and every one of us a happy bunny. Let us also hope the development goes through, and makes things a little easier for MS and volunteers such as wilsden.

+1

It isn't a stand, it's a terrace, it would need a roof in order to be a stand, capacity only counts if it's a stand.

It isn't a stand, it's a terrace, it would need a roof in order to be a stand, capacity only counts if it's a stand.

So the club can squeeze as many in as would fit? No health and safety, no requirements, nothing?