Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

23/03/13 - London Broncos v Hull FC - KO 3pm

Who will win?   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

69 posts in this topic

Looks like London may just be getting their act together, although they won't be happy that they let a two score lead go. Still, better to draw at home than be tonked as previously.

The season starts here ;)

Lost your ticket for the common sense express?

I'd rather I'd lost it.

Some would suggest you already have

Looks like London may just be getting their act together, although they won't be happy that they let a two score lead go. Still, better to draw at home than be tonked as previously.

You'd expect a 12 point lead to be enough in a mudbath. I certainly did.

So did I, if it had been against a decent team god knows what the outcome would have been.

Thing is though London haven't won at home in how long? They will no doubt have had a period in the match when that will have come back to haunt them. While a win would have been ideal for them, a draw will at least give them and their remaining handful of longsuffering fans a bit of something to hold on to for next time. That's my theory anyway!

First one back from the game, and the result is a matter of perspective.

Before the game the wintry conditions were reminiscent of the Challenge Cup game at Mount Pleasant last year though curiously once the game had started the snowfall stopped. Looking at the Hull side in the warm up I thought they looked a lot bigger than the Broncos and this would play into Hull's hands and in the last 20 minutes of the game it did as the Broncos were worn down.

I have to disagree with Hull fans after the game who were saying that conditions were a great leveller for the Broncos because conditions suited Hull IMO and during the game there were enough holes opening in the Hull defence to lead me to believe that Dixon, Sarginson and Dorn would have caused some damage.in drier conditions.

No Craig Gower but I suspect that was a tactical move by Tony Rea.which worked for 60 minutes.

A disappointing outcome after being 18-6 up but a vastly improved London performance against what is a Big club. There was no lack of passion or commitment out there today and really that's all fans have been asking for. Thanks to having a proper coach the club is improving on the field even if it remains a train wreck off it.

NB - The Broncos played in Black shirts and socks but light blue (away) shorts having last week played in light blue shirts and socks and Black (home) shorts which leads me to conclude either

a) We are changing our Kit combination or

B) Due to cost cutting measures at the club the players only have the one pair of shorts and the ones used at Castleford are still in the wash.

Enjoyed the game, sloppy play in the last 10 minutes cost London the second point, but before that they were looking solid and seemd the only team capable of breaking through the line. Dixon's try was superb, he used pace and trickery to find the opening and then surprisingly used strength to break free from the covering tackle.

Tend to agree largely with Red Rooster. What a difference and lift it gives whats left of us to see the

obvious commitment and enthusisasm displayed throughout the team saturday.

Yes we perhaps should have held on whilst 12 points ahead but I would have taken that result without a

doubt a few weeks back. What with the performance at Castleford fingers crossed they can continue with

this vein of form at least until the ineveitable injuries start to mount.

Travel was a mare though having been thrown off the train at Barnes when on a train bound for Hounslow.

Was sorted for the return journey though as through trains to Reading were running through Hounslow even

if those due to terminate at Hounslow werent.

Five and a quarter hour round trip,but it was worth it.

Travel was a mare though having been thrown off the train at Barnes when on a train bound for Hounslow.

Was sorted for the return journey though as through trains to Reading were running through Hounslow even

if those due to terminate at Hounslow werent.

Five and a quarter hour round trip,but it was worth it.

When my sister used to live in Whitton, I used to visit her on the occasional weekend, and getting there by train was almost always an unpleasant experience. Seems like nothing's changed.

and he's not alone in that I'm sure. Many may mock the Broncos crowds but those that do go more often than not travel far far further for a home game than many a 'heartlander' would be prepared to do.

and he's not alone in that I'm sure. Many may mock the Broncos crowds but those that do go more often than not travel far far further for a home game than many a 'heartlander' would be prepared to do.

I don't think many folk would have a go at the dedication of Broncos fans, we just wish that there were more of them.

I can get from mid-Wales to Odsal and back in that time. Spicer - a true supporter if there ever was one!

Thats good of you to suggest that Chronicler but there were 3 others in the same boat saturday and two of those tend to do

half of the away games also.To be fair I will be at the away Cats fixture but they maybe it for me as I need the Annual Leave

for the World Cup.

But as Rascal rightly suggests there are a good few others putting in the distances and hours to attend home games.

Cheers for that anyway mind. Spicer.

Or swimming out of by the sounds of it

Having seen the Super League Show, you weren't far off. I'm a bit surprised the referee deemed that pitch playable.

When my sister used to live in Whitton, I used to visit her on the occasional weekend, and getting there by train was almost always an unpleasant experience. Seems like nothing's changed.

I must admit ive only been to Whitton once and that was after a home saturday fixture when having got to Twickenham saw a train on the platform

showing London Waterloo as its destination and thus legged it down the stairs got on, and travelled West much to my dismay..

As it was lateish that cost me a 40 min wait to get a service back to Waterloo.Did I laugh NOT, :D

Having seen the Super League Show, you weren't far off. I'm a bit surprised the referee deemed that pitch playable.

By the looks of our display its wasn't. One certain Radio Humberside presenter tweeted the ground staff were not happy it was called playable by the ref, quoting a member of the ground staff saying " didn't the ref know that they had some very important RU games on here soon !"