Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

23/03/13 - Wigan Warriors v Widnes Vikings - KO 5.45pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Widnes Vikings
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

88 posts in this topic

Our next 3 fixtures are tough - Wigan, Wire, Hudds.....if we're going to pull a scalp this one may perhaps be the most likely of the bunch.....after last week though I'll not hold my breath!!

What an awful prospect for tv.

Made even worse by Tim Roby as referee.

We will soon see which team Roby has decided to referee.

He can only referee one team a match so one set of poor sods is going to get on the end of the daftest decisions we've ever seen and the other get all the 50/50 calls plus a good few 100/0 calls which they should never get.

That's of course unless he's improved ffrom last season, which I do hope he has.

Just can't understand why I'm going to the game!

The Wigan props that are left were stuffed in the pre season games so don't write off the chemics. I think it'll be a lot closer than many people imagine, but I will still go for a pie win. Shame Hock isn't playing as that would have made awesome viewing.

He can only referee one team a match so one set of poor sods is going to get on the end of the daftest decisions we've ever seen and the other get all the 50/50 calls plus a good few 100/0 calls which they should never get.

That's of course unless he's improved ffrom last season, which I do hope he has.

With this news, expect the slowest Wigan ruck since 2011.

That's the spirit Hindle. Those pesky lying on tactics, unique in the modern era. Burn em!

I think Wigan will be fine, and, taking Mushy's point, will show that there are other ways to win than needing fit props.

That's the spirit Hindle. Those pesky lying on tactics, unique in the modern era. Burn em!

I think Wigan will be fine, and, taking Mushy's point, will show that there are other ways to win than needing fit props.

Cripes, nothing about what Ted said? Roby was awful when I saw him, and the ruck was laughable.

Gil Dudson is Wigan's latest injury, with a broken hand.

Cripes, nothing about what Ted said? Roby was awful when I saw him, and the ruck was laughable.

I would never criticise one of our own posters (well, one of them, who hasn't been seen in these parts for a while). :)

well i'm bucking the trend, if we have a few players back this week i can see us causing an upset. just a shame that the pies are frightened of gaz turning them over....

Wigan squad: Greg Burke, Josh Charnley, Dom Crosby, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Darrell Goulding, Blake Green, Jack Hughes, Rhodri Lloyd, Michael McIlorum, Sean O'Loughlin, Sam Powell, Pat Richards, Matty Smith, Scott Taylor, Iain Thornley, Logan Tomkins, Sam Tomkins, Chris Tuson.

beware the returning warrior, mellor will have a brilliant game again this week to show wane just how money he wasted signing the inferior matty smith.......

I hope Mellor goes well. Wigan's problem was that he lost a year through injury and it wasn't clear how quickly, if at all, he would recover his speed. With losing 2 halfs, we needed experience.

Widnes squad: Patrick Ah Van, Dave Allen, Shaun Briscoe, Hep Cahill, Jon Clarke, Ben Cross, Chris Dean, Paddy Flynn, Alex Gerrard, Rhys Hanbury, Willie Isa, Phil Jospeh, Ben Kavanagh, Macgraff Leuluai, Joe Mellor, Eamon O'Carroll, Steve Pickersgill, Lloyd White, Frank Winterstein.

You have to fancy Wigan for a comfortable win, but Widnes are a vastly improved side , every team seems to get a tonking now and then , but i think when Widnes get their best side out they will do well, If memory serves me they won this game last year,

Wigan for me but i hope Widnes give them a good game.

I would never criticise one of our own posters (well, one of them, who hasn't been seen in these parts for a while). :)

You are Shaun Wane and I claim my 5 across the eyes.

I hope Mellor goes well. Wigan's problem was that he lost a year through injury and it wasn't clear how quickly, if at all, he would recover his speed. With losing 2 halfs, we needed experience.

ask the bradford fans has joe recovered his pace? he brilliantly ran down and tackled one of their wingers when a try seemed a certainty..he has been immense this season and hopefully mcbanana will look at him for the knights next season.

From what I have seen he is looking good, and I am pleased to see it. I was merely giving the Wigan perspective. He wouldn't be the first 7 we sold to Widnes who came back to haunt us.

love watching the lad play, tackles well above his weight as well just ask jamal fakir and josh perry what it's like being dumped 1 on 1 by a young half back.

I must agree with most this. This guy roby is atrocious he reffed cas v leeds a few weeks ago and gave leeds 9 penalties on the trot then didn,t have the bottle to send off rangi chase then gave cas 3 penalties in the last 2 minutes which 2 out of the 3 were ridiculous.