Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Northern Rail Cup - Week 4

Which game are you most looking forward to?   20 members have voted

1. 1. Which game are you most looking forward to?

• Gateshead Thunder v Gloucestershire All Golds
    • Hemel Stags v North Wales Crusaders
    • Rochdale Hornets v London Skolars
    • South Wales Scorpions v Oldham

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 posts in this topic

Great result for the All Golds, and it gets the monkey off their back before the start of the Championship 1 season on Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they've progressed since I last saw them a few weeks back (home loss to the Scorpions). Brad Hepi seems to have tweaked the team a little, so maybe he's now settling on a first choice 17 (injuries permitting).

Very interesting game on Friday, what with Oxford making their pro debut, and the All Golds coming off the back of a decent win and a respectable loss the previous week to Skolars.

Great result for the All Golds, and it gets the monkey off their back before the start of the Championship 1 season on Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they've progressed since I last saw them a few weeks back (home loss to the Scorpions). Brad Hepi seems to have tweaked the team a little, so maybe he's now settling on a first choice 17 (injuries permitting).

Very interesting game on Friday, what with Oxford making their pro debut, and the All Golds coming off the back of a decent win and a respectable loss the previous week to Skolars.

Are BBC Radio Gloucestershire showing any interest?

I feel really sorry for Gateshead. They have some fantastic supporters. I think Gateshead are limited to the choice of coach they can have due to the logistics and finances available Saintslass. I hear Hemel .v. Crusaders may be played this Tuesday. If anybody can confirm this please post on here asap. I will try to get the night off work and drive down.

Re-arranged for April 23rd. St George's Day!

I've not noticed them at matches, and being down in Bristol I don't get to hear the station much so couldn't really say either way. They've definitely not had reporters at games yet - the 'press gang' consists of myself (for League Express) and Glucestershire Warriors' Chris Wilson (for the Citizen and Echo, and other local papers). Oh, and a third year student who is doing some of their PR work on match days. The press room (i.e where we watch the matches from) is the warmest place in the whole stadium, though, which is a bonus!

The following appeared on their facebook page today:-

Retweeted James Greene (@Greenie27):

BBC 1 at 6:30 for coverage of @AllGolds with myself, jimmy gahan and marcus brown

I assume that will be on the regional tv news for whichever BBC region Gloucestershire is in.

I've not noticed them at matches, and being down in Bristol I don't get to hear the station much so couldn't really say either way. They've definitely not had reporters at games yet - the 'press gang' consists of myself (for League Express) and Glucestershire Warriors' Chris Wilson (for the Citizen and Echo, and other local papers). Oh, and a third year student who is doing some of their PR work on match days. The press room (i.e where we watch the matches from) is the warmest place in the whole stadium, though, which is a bonus!

I find the bar to be very warm too. Can't be many grounds with such a good view from the bar