Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

NRL - Round 3

Which game are you most looking forward to?   5 members have voted

1. 1. Which game are you most looking forward to?

• Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs
    • Wests Tigers v Parramatta Eels
    • Gold Coast Titans v Manly Sea Eagles
    • Sydney Roosters v Brisbane Broncos
    • Cronulla Sharks v New Zealand Warriors
    • Penrith Panthers v South Sydney Rabbitohs
    • Canberra Raiders v St George Illawarra Dragons
    • Newcastle Knights v North Queensland Cowboys

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 posts in this topic

That's your view Chris, well put but at variance with the views of the match review committee, the commentary team on the TV broadcast and the simple act of watching the incident at full speed and watching out for any intentional foul play. Your outrage also goes against the views of Des Hasler who doesn't consider Slater to be the grub you describe.

Given the way that the match official gave a penalty against Slater which resulted in a Bulldogs try then Bulldogs actually benefitted from the incident given that Klemmer went for Slater while he was in mid-air.

I thought the NRL wasn't meant to be on Bet365 any more?

With regard to Slater, when I was young I played some full back and was always told to bring my knees up when catching the high ball so the game coming to tackle me had to run through it. It was meant as protection for yourself as there were no tackled in the air laws etc. He will have been brought up on exactly the same rules so I understand why he has his legs/knees raised. I think it just looks worse for him because of how high he can jump, certainly a lot higher than I ever could.

Slater gets slated all the time.

When ever he has been on TV, interviewed or on shows like the Rexona Athlete challenge he comes across as the most humble self depreciating person you could meet.

He is a country boy from NQ and I doubt he is the cocky arrogant player that many judge him as.

When I met him he was very polite and quite shy. He came across as somebody who is genuine and cared about the game and what was happening. Certainly nothing like as arrogant and big headed as some have tried to paint him. He is not perfect but certainly not the devil as some want paint him as.

When I met him he was very polite and quite shy. He came across as somebody who is genuine and cared about the game and what was happening. Certainly nothing like as arrogant and big headed as some have tried to paint him. He is not perfect but certainly not the devil as some want paint him as.

I agree, I have not spoken with him but I have been to events where he has been guest speaker, he is nothing like a smug bighead in any way shape or form.