Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hate the rec

Barrrrrra

Saw Leigh a couple of times this season . Not on the level of Fev , Sheffield , Batley and Fax . This is the blueprint for beating these teams with big packs - rip them up the guts with your small scooters . Thats why we miss Matty so much .

Dont want to sound to bitchy, but our La ref from down the road could do wid a bit of string or some braces for his shorts, hes always having to pull them up tonight, hes putting a bit of lard on lately ;) HT12-24

Saw Leigh a couple of times this season . Not on the level of Fev , Sheffield , Batley and Fax . This is the blueprint for beating these teams with big packs - rip them up the guts with your small scooters . Thats why we miss Matty so much .

I agree that Leigh are not in the same class as the four teams you mention and Barrow have shown us how to play them on Easter Monday. With Kaighan going off they have brought on young Marwood and even his is causing Leigh a few problems darting at them.

We need Matty back for the Easter games - get him and Callum scooting and the likes of Miller , Carter and Calders getting into the middle and running at these big fat lads . And Leigh are one of the older teams in the league to Keith so that's another factor . But you MUST get the play the balls sped up to do this . We're not an expansive or creative outfit so lets use our pack strength , run hard , get up and get scooting !!! We should always remember the Donny game , our best show for years - 60 minutes of sped up , direct rugby up the guts of a big immobile team .

Leigh have brought on the kid, Brierley, and he scored more or less right away. I don't know why they have him on the bench, I would start with him as he is lively. Now all square at 24 all.

How olds junior Deano , he looks about 10!!!!

He's 19 (20 in November) but his dad always looked like a youngster!!!

Kaighan injury was a killer , with barras game centred round his kicking game . Tellys a jinx for him , got injured in our final to !

Kaighan injury was a killer , with barras game centred round his kicking game . Tellys a jinx for him , got injured in our final to !

I think it is more than just losing Kaighan, David, there has been a lot of little mistakes, especially in defence, and heads have dropped. No bonus point even now.

Barrow score and Hagerty converts from touchline to get a bonus point for Barrow. They deserve it.

FT: Leigh 42 - 30