Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hate the rec

Barrrrrra

43 posts in this topic

Thats it 42- 30 got a BP, stuck in to the end. Hope la Scotty not to badly injured.

Barrow deserved that BP so well done to them that's tough place to go.

Barrow deserved that BP so well done to them that's tough place to go.

And as per usual the deluded ones are slagging off the bonus point system yet again!!!

Yes, you can just see it now can't you!!!! Last match of season with minutes to go and Haven require a bonus point to avoid relegation. They are 14 points down to Swinton and the ref awards them a penalty. Do they kick for goal or not? I think those that are decrying it now would suddenly be screaming for the kick at goal. Of course it would only be because everybody else uses the bonus point.

Whether we like the bonus point system or not it has been around now for long enough to realise until they do away with it the one point for losing by 12 or less is worth 1 point and is just as valid as the 3 points for a win and 2 points for a draw.

Aye it must be either the forth or fifth season for the BP and they still can't get the hang of it!

Yes one of them said to me ' how can it be right that you can play 26 lose 26 , get 26 bonus points and stay up' ... Er as you can imagine I didn't know what to say . Dead realistic.

Yes one of them said to me ' how can it be right that you can play 26 lose 26 , get 26 bonus points and stay up' ... Er as you can imagine I didn't know what to say . Dead realistic.

To be fair David i think its a stupid idea. But their is swings and roundabouts which ever way you look at it. I also think that if town won 8 games but lost the rest and not picked up a BP but haven lost every game but picked up a BP in every game they would stay up and town would go down that's why I don't like the BP system it favours the losing team more than the winning team at the lower end of the table.

Gaz, there aren't too many people who do like it but the point is whilst we have it in the Championships you have to accept it and move on until such time as it disappears. Some of our friends down the road don't seem to have grasped that and moan about the bonus point every season. Okay so someone who hasn't won as many games as you can be above you because when they lose they keep it to less than 12, why can't your team do it?

To be fair David i think its a stupid idea. But their is swings and roundabouts which ever way you look at it. I also think that if town won 8 games but lost the rest and not picked up a BP but haven lost every game but picked up a BP in every game they would stay up and town would go down that's why I don't like the BP system it favours the losing team more than the winning team at the lower end of the table.

No it doesn't. Your statement assumes that the losing team will always gain a bonus point, which is not the case. The bonus point, in my opinion, favours the team that stays comprtitive most often and for longer.

No it doesn't. Your statement assumes that the losing team will always gain a bonus point, which is not the case. The bonus point, in my opinion, favours the team that stays comprtitive most often and for longer.

No it doesn't it was just an example. It suits teams that can't actually win a game. If a team doesn't win a game all season in theory they can still stay up which IMO is a joke.

I agree I think its a brilliant idea. The teams which give their all against the tops sides and only just get pipped are rewarded, whereas getting hammered gets you sweet FA . The only thing it does do is when the top sides do get beat they still usually get a point. I think it would be much more valuable if they moved to three points for a win instead of two and kept the bonus point with two for a draw

I agree I think its a brilliant idea. The teams which give their all against the tops sides and only just get pipped are rewarded, whereas getting hammered gets you sweet FA . The only thing it does do is when the top sides do get beat they still usually get a point. I think it would be much more valuable if they moved to three points for a win instead of two.

We already have!

I agree I think its a brilliant idea. The teams which give their all against the tops sides and only just get pipped are rewarded, whereas getting hammered gets you sweet FA . The only thing it does do is when the top sides do get beat they still usually get a point. I think it would be much more valuable if they moved to three points for a win instead of two and kept the bonus point.

It already is 3 points for a win in the Championships!!!!!!!! (2 for a draw and 1 for losing by 12 or less)

No it doesn't it was just an example. It suits teams that can't actually win a game. If a team doesn't win a game all season in theory they can still stay up which IMO is a joke.

In theory yes, but in practice very unlikely. The idea I guess is to keep games competitive, which it does. I know that watching your team's games when they stuff a team by 40+ points may be intertesting to you as a supporter, but not very much to anyone else watching. Usually, the team that wins most matches finishes higher up the league than those that lose the most, regardless of bonus points.

In theory yes, but in practice very unlikely. The idea I guess is to keep games competitive, which it does. I know that watching your team's games when they stuff a team by 40+ points may be intertesting to you as a supporter, but not very much to anyone else watching. Usually, the team that wins most matches finishes higher up the league than those that lose the most, regardless of bonus points.

Yes you are right distant. But you also can see where I'm coming from too. As for teams getting hammered every week I hate it personally when my team puts 50+ on teams its boring to watch really unless its against one of the big five