Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

plug

worth a gamble

74 posts in this topic

reading p&c today DP looking at a loan player or full signing what about paul cook at doncaster ??? he seems to get the headlines every week for them i know he has had his troubles in the past but so did ben cockaine and look how he turn out for us !!! in the past paul cook was a match for any player in sl good football brain played at the highest level surely you dont loose all that talent overnight

reading p&c today DP looking at a loan player or full signing what about paul cook at doncaster ??? he seems to get the headlines every week for them i know he has had his troubles in the past but so did ben cockaine and look how he turn out for us !!! in the past paul cook was a match for any player in sl good football brain played at the highest level surely you dont loose all that talent overnight

Donny can keep him for me.

Didnt impress me when we played em

So which of our 'creative' players would you drop for him then?

So which of our 'creative' players would you drop for him then?

I await the answer to that les with bated breath

reading P&c DP thinks the backs are not pulling there weight and changes will pos happen soon i was'nt saying drop anybody for paul cook just with his talent would he do a job for us when others are not at the moment

reading P&c DP thinks the backs are not pulling there weight and changes will pos happen soon i was'nt saying drop anybody for paul cook just with his talent would he do a job for us when others are not at the moment

I don't know how DP can say that to be honest with the results we've had. Ok we lost on Thursday but DP changed the winning back line by playing bussey their. So they are pulling their weight from what I've been watching.

read p&c forwards outstanding backs need to up there game ?? not my words DP's

read p&c forwards outstanding backs need to up there game ?? not my words DP's

I haven't read it plug but I think he means the FB centres and wingers.

fairs doo's i personaly think your right ??? but saying that the grounds been poor and we need a hard fast pitch

fairs doo's i personaly think your right ??? but saying that the grounds been poor and we need a hard fast pitch

True but I think we need a good centre big time. I'm just hoping this new Aussie is a centre but I'm sure we will find out after tonight's fans forum.

just heard can't name new signing yet for visa problems but he's a kiwi and a back row forward huge aswell ?? so mr campbell says at forum tonight

just heard can't name new signing yet for visa problems but he's a kiwi and a back row forward huge aswell ?? so mr campbell says at forum tonight

Why oh why oh why? We don't need anymore forwards our forwards are class.

Why oh why oh why? We don't need anymore forwards our forwards are class.

Calm down, he's only a trialist for now :-))))

I think you'd have to drop somebody if he was going to play.

I just don't think we need anymore forwards mo. we are week out wide we need to strengthen that up ASAP IMO.As he come all the way from New Zealand for a trial? If that is the case he must be very good or I hope its not this one nuts. Talking of nuts a mr tuuta springs to mind hope he's half as good as him if so I will gladly except another forward

come on then gaz, who's making us weak out wide. name n shame

come on then gaz, who's making us weak out wide. name n shame

OR I just think that's the weakest part of our team as the forwards are class and our playmakers are class too. Hardman shouldn't be out their he's a class FB and heppy looks lost at FB if I'm being honest. He's a class 13. Then defensively out wide we couldn't stop a bus going through the gaps at the minute if you notice that's where most of our points conceded are OR out wide. I will be very glad when smeaton returns I just hope he's the player he was before his injury.

I will be very glad when smeaton returns I just hope he's the player he was before his injury.

That is by no means, a given!!!

True robin I just hope he does because I think he's a great lad and a great player and he is missed badly IMO.

Nowt to say he won't be either, though it will obviously take time to recover full fitness, form, and quite probably confidence.

Can't comment on the Sheffield game as I haven't seen it, but I thought Ben Hellewell stepped up his performance in the Keighley game, particularly in defence. That said, I'm never against us looking to strengthen the squad as is felt necessary. ;)

Nowt to say he won't be either, though it will obviously take time to recover full fitness, form, and quite probably confidence.

Well aye, course it will.... I would have thought that was obvious Gazza.

But given the horrific injury he sustained, the amount of re-hab, (his knee looks bloody awful), and then the training to get back up to speed and full fitness... there is an element of risk of him being able to have the impact he had prior to his injury.

As Gaz says, I sincerely hope he does gain full fitness cos a player of his ability is missed

Well aye, course it will.... I would have thought that was obvious Gazza.

Just offering a glass half full rather than half empty alternative way of looking at it. ;)

i saw kenny greatorex dubbining his boots yesterday