Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

plug

worth a gamble

74 posts in this topic

Wow robin there's always a first time for everything like us winning the NRC this year for a change .

so, we have the best hooker in this division and you both think Kainy should have his shirt.

Andy Ellis n Kainy at 9 for me old fella.

Briggsy to 6

The side has much more balance to it in that format for me......however, it's not up to me!

so, we have the best hooker in this division and you both think Kainy should have his shirt.

No I meant kainy off the bench OR to replace Ellis.

Andy Ellis n Kainy at 9 for me old fella.

Briggsy to 6

The side has much more balance to it in that format for me......however, it's not up to me!

Yes exactly what you said robin. That's what I meant.

kainy, heppy n briggsy have no bigger fans than me, but, give the shirt to the man in form, whoever it is. i'm not ben kayes biggest fan, but if he's the man in form give him the shirt, (he's not tho). the cream will rise to the top.

It's to be expected. We lose a game get rid of Andy Kain. This has been goimg on for a while now. We signed Grimshaw from Hunslet no doubt to replace Andy and through no fault of his, he couldn't give what was required. So we were stuck with Andy. Who was the best stand of in our league that year? Andy Kain. He has been outstanding for us and everybody wants to put him on the bench. Briggsy hasn't been the player who left us since he came back. I realise he has had injury problems but if it's not broken dont change it.

It's to be expected. We lose a game get rid of Andy Kain. This has been goimg on for a while now. We signed Grimshaw from Hunslet no doubt to replace Andy and through no fault of his, he couldn't give what was required. So we were stuck with Andy. Who was the best stand of in our league that year? Andy Kain. He has been outstanding for us and everybody wants to put him on the bench. Briggsy hasn't been the player who left us since he came back. I realise he has had injury problems but if it's not broken dont change it.

Neither me or robin said to get rid of kainy. If it was up to me he would of been stand off against the eagles. DP is trying new things and I don't blame him one bit.If we don't win the league who cares the league games are trial games all season to get the team ready for the NRC and GF. You don't win owt really for winning the league anyway. DP is trying new things so when it comes to the crunch we have options which IMO we haven't really had in past seasons when injuries hit. I would swap winning the league for the NRC or the GF any day. I will admit however I don't like the tinkering as I think a team needs a constant 17 every week to gain momentum but if all this tinkering that DP is doing wins us the NRC and GF when it really matters then who cares if we finish 2nd 3rd 4th 5th etc.

Get rid of kainy? ?? Why on earth would anyone advocate that? He's one that can turn a game. One of the leagues best players!!

exactly, kainy is the form player and should have the shirt.

exactly, kainy is the form player and should have the shirt.

I'm not arguing with that OR. As he is the in form player. But if you play kainy at 6 you either after add Ben Kaye to the squad or have bussey at hooker or someone else. I just feel personally that we would be a better team with Briggs at 6 and kainy off the bench or even kainy start at hooker and Ellis off the bench. I've got nothing against Ben Kaye as I think he is probably one of our best defensive players but his attacking game is poor. Looking forward to seeing what materialises over the season to be honest. Maybe having all these options isn't a bad thing. Looking forward to seeing lamont in the centre position today too it could be a master stroke from DP.

reading p&c today DP looking at a loan player or full signing what about paul cook at doncaster ??? he seems to get the headlines every week for them i know he has had his troubles in the past but so did ben cockaine and look how he turn out for us !!! in the past paul cook was a match for any player in sl good football brain played at the highest level surely you dont loose all that talent overnight

Absolute class last night. 32 years of age, an showed a good old head. Tremendous right to left passes and one step in the second half that sent the Rovers defence the wrong way.

everybody shot me down with this idea but you dont loose class overnight he's been at the top and still got it in my eyes

everybody shot me down with this idea but you dont loose class overnight he's been at the top and still got it in my eyes

I think someone also called him fat. They obviously didn't sit between me and my mate last night. Paul's got three young ens now and has turned his life around. Everybody deserves a second chance. Rugby League is a game all about redemption. Without it one of my favorite current Rover's players may never have played for us.

But could he play in the side as Liam Finn, Andrew? Would they both want to be the chief play-maker? Some sides have the scrum half doing this role, others have the stand-off. Kain played scrum half the last time we had a play-making stand-off (Iestyn Harris). 

I think someone also called him fat. They obviously didn't sit between me and my mate last night. Paul's got three young ens now and has turned his life around. Everybody deserves a second chance. Rugby League is a game all about redemption. Without it one of my favorite current Rover's players may never have played for us.

No, I'm not saying for us Steve, I just thought that he looked a cut above for them, he says good things about our team and coach as well.

Would you say Briggs was not a playmaker?

No, I'm not saying for us Steve, I just thought that he looked a cut above for them, he says good things about our team and coach as well.

Would you say Briggs was not a playmaker?

I've not been Cooky's biggest fan. But he "owd man'd" us a fair bit last night. He took Donny around the park very well and at times looked the star of the show. For a 32 yr old bloke with an alleged alcohol/weight problem, he looked good enough to me last night.

was'nt everybody saying the same about johny hep when we signed him out of the game playing union ?? nobody can say cooky is'nt as good as him

was'nt everybody saying the same about johny hep when we signed him out of the game playing union ?? nobody can say cooky is'nt as good as him

You have to remember though cooky is a good player in a bad team so he will stand out more. He isn't good enough to play for us at this present time. Look at rangi at c@s the Aussies think he's poor but at c@s he stands out like a world beater because they are a poor team. If rangi was to play for the likes of Wigan. Leeds Etc he wouldn't get half as much attention I bet. I'm not saying cooky wasn't a good player or isn't a good player I just don't think he's good enough to get in our team.

I didn't say owt about him getting in our f heck in team, i just said he'd a good game last night, he's not fat and the lad's turned his life around. Their Physio looked very efficient but I don't want her to get Rob's job of cutting the lawn.

I didn't say owt about him getting in our f heck in team, i just said he'd a good game last night, he's not fat and the lad's turned his life around. Their Physio looked very efficient but I don't want her to get Rob's job of cutting the lawn.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh I do so like this :-))))

My post wasn't aimed at your comments Andrew it was at plugs who stated we should sign him. I agree he had a good game last night and by far donnys best player. Mr crossley for us had a cracker too I thought he was outstanding and James did 2 big hits too which I felt in the stands

It's all a bit of fun, this speculation, but an attitude is creeping in amongst the supporters that I hated from rival fans in days gone by. It reminds me of something I heard on the terraces from a Hull fan back in the early eighties. They had just paid a fortune for Trevor Skerrett from Wakefield, and Steve Evans had just broken through their ranks for the umpteenth time:

"He's a good player that Evans........We ought to buy him!"

I often wonder what rival Championship fans think of us when our supporters adopt the same attitude

It's all a bit of fun, this speculation, but an attitude is creeping in amongst the supporters that I hated from rival fans in days gone by. It reminds me of something I heard on the terraces from a Hull fan back in the early eighties. They had just paid a fortune for Trevor Skerrett from Wakefield, and Steve Evans had just broken through their ranks for the umpteenth time:"He's a good player that Evans........We ought to buy him!"I often wonder what rival Championship fans think of us when our supporters adopt the same attitude

+1 We haven't a God given rite to sign anyone. Especially when a player like Paul Cooke seems settled in a team in which the loyal spectators of his club helped to secure his services.