Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

plug

worth a gamble

74 posts in this topic

i saw kenny greatorex dubbining his boots yesterday

:lol: :lol: :lol:

reading p&c today DP looking at a loan player or full signing what about paul cook at doncaster ??? he seems to get the headlines every week for them i know he has had his troubles in the past but so did ben cockaine and look how he turn out for us !!! in the past paul cook was a match for any player in sl good football brain played at the highest level surely you dont loose all that talent overnight

Had his day, I am afraid

Why oh why oh why? We don't need anymore forwards our forwards are class.

One of the best forward lines in the league.. i will admit that we have been let down with some poor half back plays. I keep repeating myself, but our tactical and in play kicking is abysmal at times.

One of the best forward lines in the league.. i will admit that we have been let down with some poor half back plays. I keep repeating myself, but our tactical and in play kicking is abysmal at times.

Bob, when Brambani was with us he was abysmal, but my god, he's been a thorn in our side with his kicking game over the years.

Bob, when Brambani was with us he was abysmal, but my god, he's been a thorn in our side with his kicking game over the years.

We have the best running and ball handling half-backs in the league, but at times they are not always the most effective. Every time that Rovers get beat it seems to be from the oppositions kicking game:- Nathan Wynne for Toulouse, Brambani & Brown for Sheffield, Holroyd at the 2010 GF, and numerous Halifax half-backs with their little grubbers into our in-goal area. Our defensive line is exceptional, but our ability to deal with kicks, or run the ball out of defence from upfield kicks is among the worst in the league.

i saw kenny greatorex dubbining his boots yesterday

Dubbin! You can't buy it in a sports shop now. Nor a ball pump. Not sure you can even get balls. They only sell trainers and "leisurewear". :dry:

Kenny's still got loads from his playing days, but he is having trouble getting them old leather studs with the nails in.

Kenny's still got loads from his playing days, but he is having trouble getting them old leather studs with the nails in.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We really haven't got a centre who can break the line, decent players but even Smeaton is pretty limited in attack and rarely makes a substantial break. I also agree that we could do with another half back with creativity and a half decent kicking game. Sort that out and we can win everything.

Yeah weve only got briggs, finn, kain, hepworth and bussey who can play half, were pretty light there. best sign a fat, old #### head with a well known poor attitude whos best days are behind him.

Maybe a centre would be a good idea but for christs sake weve lost one game, narrowly, away at the current champions!

A good kicking game will always have an impact as its a territorial game youll more often than not make more metres off your kick that your other 5 tacles combined, so if you come up against a good one itll be a tough day. Pat Walker is a very good kicker also, but I wouldnt say ours is 'abysmal'.

Bussey and Hepworth aren't half backs, and I think people are talking about our lack of creativity in big matches over the last couple of seasons, not just the loss against the Eagles. And yeah we may have only lost one game, but performances have been pretty mediocre in most the the matches this year, perhaps with the exception of the Leigh win.

Its a long time since Hepworth played stand off to be honest, for me he's more of a loose forward.

Maybe and I really hope that I am wrong, and we find the key to break down defences against the better sides when it counts. Can't see it though to be honest.

Bussey and Hepworth aren't half backs, and I think people are talking about our lack of creativity in big matches over the last couple of seasons, not just the loss against the Eagles. And yeah we may have only lost one game, but performances have been pretty mediocre in most the the matches this year, perhaps with the exception of the Leigh win.

Performances have been mediocre? Apart from dews and the eagles we have put 40 plus on every other team we've played so far. I wouldn't call that mediocre myself.

Its a long time since Hepworth played stand off to be honest, for me he's more of a loose forward.

Maybe and I really hope that I am wrong, and we find the key to break down defences against the better sides when it counts. Can't see it though to be honest.

I wouldn't swap any of our playmakers for anyone else in our league. Tactics is the main reason.We don't have a plan B or C when were struggling that's not the players fault they play to the coaches tactics. But to be fair the tactics work most weeks so I understand not changing them but mr Aston especially as sussed us out that's why we need a plan B at least and even a plan C.

Performances have been mediocre? Apart from dews and the eagles we have put 40 plus on every other team we've played so far. I wouldn't call that mediocre myself.

Maybe so but weve done the spadework in the first 40 in most of them games, playing downhill in the second 40 we drew with barrow 12-12 and lost to hunslet 18-16 games where we perhaps should have done a lot better and we havent especially as we were at home, mediocre no, but not satisfying either

Maybe so but weve done the spadework in the first 40 in most of them games, playing downhill in the second 40 we drew with barrow 12-12 and lost to hunslet 18-16 games where we perhaps should have done a lot better and we havent especially as we were at home, mediocre no, but not satisfying either

I agree but when you've won the game at HT its hard to come out in the second half and perform as you know the games won. That's not an excuse by the way as pro players should still come out and play their best but I can also understand why they didn't/ haven't too.Even the fax fans are saying their team as been playing mediocre too but they haven't lost a game. I'm just saying its hard to please everyone fans will always want more from their team.

I agree but when you've won the game at HT its hard to come out in the second half and perform as you know the games won. That's not an excuse by the way as pro players should still come out and play their best but I can also understand why they didn't/ haven't too.Even the fax fans are saying their team as been playing mediocre too but they haven't lost a game. I'm just saying its hard to please everyone fans will always want more from their team.

There's another thread ongoing about incompetent referees. I'm not suggesting it happens, but when a team is running up a cricket score I myself would find it difficult to penalise the losing side over something marginal or silly, but I might find it easy to penalise the winning side. And we all know that refs like to even up the penalty count at the end of a game that has a foregone conclusion.

There's another thread ongoing about incompetent referees. I'm not suggesting it happens, but when a team is running up a cricket score I myself would find it difficult to penalise the losing side over something marginal or silly, but I might find it easy to penalise the winning side. And we all know that refs like to even up the penalty count at the end of a game that has a foregone conclusion.

Mr hewer didn't even it up Steve

Mr hewer didn't even it up Steve .

But that game wasn't over until the last minute TG!

Its essentially the same job when Heppy plays 13, well it is really, 6 plays right of Finn and 13 plays left of Finn.

Im starting to think having more than 2 on the field is becoming stifling to our creativity because were hitting the deep runner and hes got the winger outside him and theyve covered it. Forgot the last time Finn attacked far left of the pitch.

Forgot the last time Finn attacked far left of the pitch.

His try against sheff?

His try against sheff?

Yeah true. The problem we have I think is the constant changing of positions. We need a stable 17 unless injuries hit of course. The sooner we get hardman back to full back and briggsy constantly at 6 and kainy at 9 the better we will be IMO. Too many players playing out of position and their comfort zones at the minute but there is no better time to try these things out than through the league campaign so when it comes to the crunch we will know who can and can't play where.

Jesus H Arkwright. ..... here's a thing. A post from thundergaz that I actually totally agree with and can't find any room for criticism! !!

Don't think it'll last gaz. Enjoy the moment :wink: :wink:

Jesus H Arkwright. ..... here's a thing. A post from thundergaz that I actually totally agree with and can't find any room for criticism! !!

Don't think it'll last gaz. Enjoy the moment :wink: :wink:

Wow robin there's always a first time for everything like us winning the NRC this year for a change