Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barnie

Lobby gobbling hypocrites

68 posts in this topic

...Or the 9 (or something near that) former Leigh players that we had last year.

Would the 6 or 7 Wire players that have signed for us this year be considered 100% Swinton players if they are here next season, or the season after...or in 10 years time? If not, then people won't be happy until we have a proper youth set up and are producing players of our own (which we should have IMO, if we had the cash!).

Mr Wild is right IMO, there's nothing to play for below SL without P/R.

But they aren't pushing beyond the rules, those Warrington players are now Swinton players just as much as Armstrong and Higson were last season. But once again that doesn't fit your argument so you choose to exclude that fact.

I don't agree that these 6 players are true Swinton players. To my way of thinking, they are still first and foremost Warrington players. It isn't about making an argument, its just how I feel about it.

The resson it shouldn't be the same argument again is because thats been done

The argument here is that leigh are now doing dual reg and you are ok with their version of dual reg until it doesn't suit.

Well their version of dusl reg is the same as ours because however it is implemented it is the same act in principle

And that is what I find amusing about leighs stance and the stance of some of the abusive leigh fans on here

You are either for dual reg or against it

Make your mind up time,

The resson it shouldn't be the same argument again is because thats been done

The argument here is that leigh are now doing dual reg and you are ok with their version of dual reg until it doesn't suit.

Well their version of dusl reg is the same as ours because however it is implemented it is the same act in principle

And that is what I find amusing about leighs stance and the stance of some of the abusive leigh fans on here

You are either for dual reg or against it

Make your mind up time,

Although its been done some of the points haven't sunk in. So all I can do is repeat them, in the hope the penny might drop.

Leigh Centurions have been using players on a Dual Registration basis for a few years, that's nothing new.

I am against Dual Registration and would prefer the RFL got rid of it.

I am against Partnering and would prefer the RFL got rid of it.

Partnering is a different concept to Dual Registration and has higher risks than Dual Registration.

I was gutted when Ian Talbot got the Hornets coaching job while still being on the payroll at Saints. I thought it was ludicrous when Widnes registered their entire squad to be Dual Registered with Workington. To me its a very badly thought out concept.

The reasons I am against Partnering are; I believe it can undermine the identity of Championship clubs by turning them into nothing more than feeder sides; the associated changes to the SL academy set up have reduced the opportunities for young players; its driving force is for SL clubs to save money; its unfair to part time players, and; it is bad for the integrity and credibility of the Championship.

Where these risks haven't been protected against, they have been realised and the result it that its changed the way I feel about the game. Swinton Lions inparticular. Perhaps this agreement between Leigh and Wigan will make me feel the same way about Leigh too. Time will tell.

I knew it was just me not getting it!

Every single time. Silly old me .

So just to clarify are you lambasting big Trev on RL fans and are you withdrawing your support of leigh too?

Or are you sort of ok with leigh doing exactly the same as us until too many of the players come from too far west of West Leigh?

Has the penny dropped?

In my view the registering of 6 players initially on Dual Registration only to then be signed on 12 month deals was a cynical work around designed to maximise the number of Warrington players that could be fielded for Swinton Lions.

Consequently the team in recent weeks has featured 8 or 9 Warrington players out of the 17.

This is what I mean by pushing beyond the rules.

Thanks for your response Phil, obviously we cannot agree on your terminology, IMO we have done everything within the rules and we have not included 8 or 9 Warrington players that would be breaking the rules.

Thats the difference between a true fan and and someone who just tips up to watch a game. my love for Swinton is unconditional. I'll follow them anywhere in any guise. i really dont have much time for people who put conditions on love.

The point I was making is that the structure of the RFL in itself has led directly (amongst many things) to dual reg & partnerships. The economic levers from both a SL perspective and a Championship perspective are plain to see. We probably have to put up with it and accept the continuing lack of credibility of the Championship or find something else to do on a Sunday!

I knew it was just me not getting it!

Every single time. Silly old me .

So just to clarify are you lambasting big Trev on RL fans and are you withdrawing your support of leigh too?

Or are you sort of ok with leigh doing exactly the same as us until too many of the players come from too far west of West Leigh?

Has the penny dropped?

Yes, silly old you. Amen.

If this agreement between Leigh and Wigan is implemented in such a way that it undermines the identity and integrity of Leigh Centurions, the people that have brought it about will deserve to be strongly criticised. Thanks for the concern that I am someone that doesn't speak his mind.

As I have already stated quite a few times, if it gets to the point where it feels to me that Leigh Centurions has embarked on becoming Wigan's feeder club, Leigh won't be getting any more of my support. For no other reason that I cannot feel any enthusiasm for supporting a feeder club.

Leigh at this moment in time in my opinion are not "doing exactly the same" as Swinton Lions. The leaders of Swinton Lions have jumped on the opportunity of a partnership with Warrington as though they were a squirrel that's just discovered the last hazelnut on earth. At Leigh the approach has been far more guarded.

Hopefully the key players at Leigh are savvy to the risks associated with taking this step, because there are some very big risks. We will see what transpires.

You're a jolly lucky lad having a choice of clubs to keep you "happy."

The approach from leigh has been incredibly guarded in the whole 48 hours that have passed since its announcement.

Whether that will remain so is very doubtful

As it is there is nothing to wait for as far as hypotheticals go. They are a dual reg club and the difference with what we are doing is zero.

Thats the difference between a true fan and and someone who just tips up to watch a game. my love for Swinton is unconditional. I'll follow them anywhere in any guise. i really dont have much time for people who put conditions on love.

If the club had gone through with the relocation to Darwen and become East Lancashire Lions, would you have continued giving it backing?

If the club had gone through with the relocation to Darwen and become East Lancashire Lions, would you have continued giving it backing?

if my sister had a penis she'd be my brother. however, she hasn't so she isn't.

I don't agree that these 6 players are true Swinton players. To my way of thinking, they are still first and foremost Warrington players. It isn't about making an argument, its just how I feel about it.

But why aren't they Lions, they have signed a contract just the same as all the other players in the team what makes them different, if someone offered me 6 or 7 Leigh players or 6 or 7 Wire players I know which I'd choose. Are you truly suggesting we should take the moral high ground not go down the d/r track and get relegated with the future of the club hinging on that fact. Please give me a break. I hope you wouldn't suggest that any Wire first teamers that we field would hold back and not give their all because not only would that be highly dangerous it would call into disrepute their charachter. If that is so then you need to attend games and watch them instead of criticising from afar.

But why aren't they Lions, they have signed a contract just the same as all the other players in the team what makes them different

The fact that Phil says so. after all he knows everything.

Wigan Warriors Rugby General Manager, Kris Radlinski said; “I see this as a real chance for both clubs to work together for the benefit of rugby league across the Borough of Wigan, as a Club we can benefit in a number of ways which includes the opportunity for some of our players to gain vital first team football at Championship level. For Leigh this provides an enhanced squad for them to choose from with up to 5 players at any one time available via the dual registration or through the loan system format. Leigh has a great position within the game and both parties are keen to ensure each Club still retains its individual structures and identity.”

"Across the borough of Wigan"? Hmmm!

"Or through the loan system"? No age limit in the loan system that I know of!

Maybe time to get your fedora cleaned for the cricket season Phil?

Wigan Warriors Rugby General Manager, Kris Radlinski said; “I see this as a real chance for both clubs to work together for the benefit of rugby league across the Borough of Wigan, as a Club we can benefit in a number of ways which includes the opportunity for some of our players to gain vital first team football at Championship level. For Leigh this provides an enhanced squad for them to choose from with up to 5 players at any one time available via the dual registration or through the loan system format. Leigh has a great position within the game and both parties are keen to ensure each Club still retains its individual structures and identity.”

"Across the borough of Wigan"? Hmmm!

"Or through the loan system"? No age limit in the loan system that I know of!

Maybe time to get your fedora cleaned for the cricket season Phil?

Some pretty clear risks there, Leigh being a hotbed of the amateur and schools game that no doubt Wigan would love to raid even more than they already do. This might even give them a helping hand with resources so to do!

Its also a concern that the limit on the number of dual registered players has steadily crept upwards, so there's "only" an increase of another 2 needed to make half a side.....drip, drip, drip.....

At least there has been a big response from Leigh supporters to the effect that they are keen to see the identity of the club protected. We will see what happens next.

Is Chairman Mo about to get his wish after all? I really do hope not, but its starting to look that way.

Philh..... I suggest you choose a super league to start supporting now and stick with em for life. You was a swinton fan but was unhappy with the d/r, so then became a leigh fan but now are wavering on that choice because of their decision to use d/r, so rather than you jumping ship to Halifax, Featherstone etc I suggest you just go straight to the top ie Wigan/saints (my choice would be wigan). It will be far easy on you and cheaper cos to keep buying new shirts, scarves and car stickers cant be cheap.

Unfortunately for me I didn't choose to support swinton, it was a decision made for me. Its where im from and live and the team my dad took me to. Iv had some of my best days out watching swinton (and some not so good) and decisions the club have to make wont change this. Plus my dad would turn in his grave i was supporting leigh.

I do want a reply but please keep it short (you can do by just cutting out your usual woffle)

Wayne

Philh..... I suggest you choose a super league to start supporting now and stick with em for life. You was a swinton fan but was unhappy with the d/r, so then became a leigh fan but now are wavering on that choice because of their decision to use d/r, so rather than you jumping ship to Halifax, Featherstone etc I suggest you just go straight to the top ie Wigan/saints (my choice would be wigan). It will be far easy on you and cheaper cos to keep buying new shirts, scarves and car stickers cant be cheap.

Unfortunately for me I didn't choose to support swinton, it was a decision made for me. Its where im from and live and the team my dad took me to. Iv had some of my best days out watching swinton (and some not so good) and decisions the club have to make wont change this. Plus my dad would turn in his grave i was supporting leigh.

I do want a reply but please keep it short (you can do by just cutting out your usual woffle)

Wayne

Well said - people can analyse the problems with DR etc etc and come up with whatever actions they wish to take but obviously for supporters like you and I the word that will always apply will be PASSION for our club and Rugby League

Passion (from the Latin verb patī meaning to suffer) is a term applied to a very strong feeling about a person or thing. Passion is an intense emotion compelling feeling, enthusiasm, or desire for something.

How many rugby teams can a true supporter personally watch and support in their lifetime.

Parky, as many as they like lol. I just wish when they switched allegiances they did so fully and stopped dipping back on here.

At least Judas was ashamed. Can't wait for the response.

Wayne

Unlike yourself, I come from a family in which none of the previous generations had any interest in rugby league.

While home was in Pendlebury, all my schooling was done in the Leigh area from the ages of 4 - 18 inclusive. My mum felt that was a good move in order to ensure I got the best possible education, she didn't trust the quality of the schools in the Salford council area, so each school day was an 8-10 mile journey each way.

My first experience of rugby league came through playing it at secondary school. That was in the same year Mick McTigue plunged over the line at the Recreation Ground Whitehaven to secure for Leigh the first division league championship - they were at the top of the tree at that point in time. The school and town had a very strong RL playing culture, probably moreso than today.

Another formative moment came the following year, with the arrival on our shores of the 1982 Australian tourists. To this day, the most talented side I have ever seen play the game. I was captivated by their performances and at this point decided rugby league was a superior game to football.

My home town had a team, the town in which I went to school had a team, so for as long as I've followed the sport I've always had an interest in both.

The school team had a lot of very capable players, we reached the semi final of the English schools competition. Many of my contemporaries went on to play the game professionally, most at least started out with Leigh. I felt it was a natural thing to have an interest in their fortunes. The link continues to this day as one of those contemporaries was Paul Rowley (in our early years at secondary school his dad played for Swinton, which gave another link) and another school contemporary, although she never played RL(!), was Trevor Barton's daughter.

So, there you have it!

I was born and raised in swinton and Worsley

We always had a dog as I grew up

However I once saw a cat cross the road and then I found a pound

Ive had an interest in cats since but my mum wouldn't let me have one because we had a dog

When I bought my first house I joined the emergency srrvices

Working irregular hours I thought it unfair to have a dog so I rekindled my childhood interest and bought two cats

As time went on I realised I still loved dogs

Fortunately a job came up as a dog handler and I've been lucky enough to do that since

Interstingly at times being supervised from on high by Trevor Barton son (TRUE)

My cats are now dead but I maintain an interest by regularly stroking the many which live in my neighbourhood

I still have dogs and I'm now on my fourth although he is only twelve weeks old

There you go.