Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheesecretary

Games On / Off

Wonder if everyone is going to call East Hull now like they did Myton last week..... :rolleyes: off at 4pm the day before with a game between 2 Hull teams and there has not been 1 flake of snow in Hull yet, very windy so will be drying out all the pitches.

Not saying it isnt going to Snow overnight but why not wait untill 10/11am tomorrow??

It council pitch & they call it ? Were having 6am inspection if we get any bad weather during the night but will do all we can to get it on, it's awkward when team is travelling from Cumbria !

We don't know why they have called it off now it's ridiculous but our pitch is council run not private like myton!

Rather play!!

Spoke to one of your coaches he said its because the council have invested £2000 on it & It was soden, council are always quick to call games off to be fair

Wonder if everyone is going to call East Hull now like they did Myton last week..... :rolleyes: off at 4pm the day before with a game between 2 Hull teams and there has not been 1 flake of snow in Hull yet, very windy so will be drying out all the pitches.

Not saying it isnt going to Snow overnight but why not wait untill 10/11am tomorrow??

Clerk of the Council will not be working on a Saturday morning.

Hullfan if you knew anything about rugby league you would know that mytons a-team would only be able to pick 4 first team players any how i doubt tony spence would risk any of his first teamers in the a-team game

We chaps, me and Shadow have just returned home after a long walk. The wife has been keeping me updated on the dog and bone with what's been going on. It's right about Siddal pitch not payable.

I have to say thestatman took that really well, didn't get over to Wigan but from what I have heard pretty bad.

Eccles still confident they will be on, Askam have it bad but then Wiffdog said Egremont and Wath Brow snow melting.

Leeds council call all off but NO snow in Hull but games called off what's going on.. Not going out again. Will take Shadow out in morning. So we have had Groundsman, council's, Police and of course referee's calling games off. All this on Friday and in 5 hours. As a rugby fan I feel for the one who has to inform Players the wont have a game having trained all week. And lot of sorting out for the league officials. So roughly 13 games fall foul of the weather and more to come, I cant wait for summer to start.

Well off now chaps down the pub for a pint and game of dom's, and leave in doors watching the soaps seeing no rugby on TV.

Hullfan if you knew anything about rugby league you would know that mytons a-team would only be able to pick 4 first team players any how i doubt tony spence would risk any of his first teamers in the a-team game

I doubt he would against the team there playing against I played against em last week brutal there was

Skirlaugh v Egremont is OFF pitch is fine but police have advised egremont not to travel.

Surely the Wath Brow match must be off as well because if Egremont have been advised not to travel by the police then surely Cas Lock Lane can not travel to Cumbria ?

Not sure if you have ventured outside recently, but up the road in Littleborough it's definitely the worse night this winter. :O.

theres only a dusting of snow in castleton at the minute so unless it changes can't see there being a problem at Mayfield

We chaps, me and Shadow have just returned home after a long walk. The wife has been keeping me updated on the dog and bone with what's been going on. It's right about Siddal pitch not payable.

I have to say thestatman took that really well, didn't get over to Wigan but from what I have heard pretty bad.

Eccles still confident they will be on, Askam have it bad but then Wiffdog said Egremont and Wath Brow snow melting.

Leeds council call all off but NO snow in Hull but games called off what's going on.. Not going out again. Will take Shadow out in morning. So we have had Groundsman, council's, Police and of course referee's calling games off. All this on Friday and in 5 hours. As a rugby fan I feel for the one who has to inform Players the wont have a game having trained all week. And lot of sorting out for the league officials. So roughly 13 games fall foul of the weather and more to come, I cant wait for summer to start.

Well off now chaps down the pub for a pint and game of dom's, and leave in doors watching the soaps seeing no rugby on TV.

Of course I took it well. Why would we wanna go there? According to Ryan Sparks we were in for a 16 point hiding! Saves the bus ride! ;-)

Surely the Wath Brow match must be off as well because if Egremont have been advised not to travel by the police then surely Cas Lock Lane can not travel to Cumbria ?

Just heard that the decision is the coach companies and looks like the drivers up for the challenge.