Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sweaty craiq

Leigh enter partnership with Wigan (merged threads)

109 posts in this topic

Perhaps, but this one has "oo that means Tomkins could play for Leigh".

I'd wager you'll see a Tomkins in a Leigh shirt before the end of the season as Logan gets some game time!

I'd wager you'll see a Tomkins in a Leigh shirt before the end of the season as Logan gets some game time!

He might aswell take his Wigan shirt, they're both practically the same. Save Leigh some pennies on printing and washing.

Oops, forgot the ;) ;) :P

Isn't it still within the memorandum of understanding agreed by the four clubs? Under 23 players only

Some other DR clubs are claiming the same, Batley for example? Perhaps others.

Do what you want,but countless threads with the same old arguments is self defeating.

They're all the same old rubbish.

Passes the time....

He might aswell take his Wigan shirt, they're both practically the same. Save Leigh some pennies on printing and washing.

Oops, forgot the ;) ;) :P

There quite different, ironically I bought one of each a couple of Saturdays ago!

post-29486-0-19856500-1363957889_thumb.jpg

There quite different, ironically I bought one of each a couple of Saturdays ago!

post-29486-0-19856500-1363957889_thumb.jpg

And who says Leigh have an inferiority complex looking at the size difference of those two shirts...!

Is it really just another step towards being a feeder club :(

How can it ever be that when it's the SL club that feeds the players to the Championship club?

"A" team.... :D

Isn't it still within the memorandum of understanding agreed by the four clubs? Under 23 players only

Oh? then they won't be Wigan "A" or a feeder team then.

Wigan "Under 23's"?

And who says Leigh have an inferiority complex looking at the size difference of those two shirts...!

Ha, ones for a 3 week old who has no choice and ones for a 30 year old lump who should know better! :D

Well done leigh-just gone back on everything you have said and with your arch enemy to boot! If I was a Leigh fan I would be worried and also feel betrayed a little, as the board said I am sure earlier, that they would not be entering a Partnership with Wigan. If a club has to do this to save money then fair enough , but be honest about it. The Statement is just a load of garbage trying to justify it without admitting you have gone back on your word for me

Oh? then they won't be Wigan "A" or a feeder team then.

Wigan "Under 23's"?

Not sure what they'll turn out to be Parky. All I'm going on is what Paul Rowley said last night on Premier Sports which was that Leigh would be sticking to the agreement made with the other three clubs. Time will tell whether they do.

Sounds pretty similar to York's partnership with Hull FC.

Fair play and good luck to them I say.

Some other DR clubs are claiming the same, Batley for example? Perhaps others.

True Mark, and if they continue that way I've no real problem with it. My concern is whether the maximum five DR players turns into 8 or 10 next season, which I think it will, and of course, the use of established SL stars needing game time.

I thought size didn't matter ?

2. Because it's Wigan

If I were a Leyther I think this is what I'd have the toughest bit explaining ...

not so much explaining Jon, as coping with, 1974 and all that, and you just know that for every gracious Wiganer, there'll be 2 ungracious ones. Although, I have to say, so far it's been more flack from the other CH club fans than Wiganers. Maybe they're as stunned as we are.

not so much explaining Jon, as coping with, 1974 and all that, and you just know that for every gracious Wiganer, there'll be 2 ungracious ones. Although, I have to say, so far it's been more flack from the other CH club fans than Wiganers. Maybe they're as stunned as we are.

leigh means nothing to wigan

Well tbh we cant play our first SL game until 2015 anyway and these agreements can be ripped up in the future. If this deal helps Leigh develop for SL 2015 I have no qualms. Otherwise they can naff off to Humbleland.

Several questions:

1/ Will they be helping up out on the marketing and business development side - towards being a fully pro team?

2/ Will they be helping us put together a SL application?

3/ What happens if we play them in the cup?

Good grief! What a miserable load of ......!

1. It's a myth that wiganers hate leighthers.

2. If the CEOs in both clubs are happy, then the fans should be,too.

Good grief! What a miserable load of ......!

1. It's a myth that wiganers hate leighthers.

2. If the CEOs in both clubs are happy, then the fans should be,too.

2- The CEO's of Sheffield and Huddersfield were happy to merge. Should the Sheffield fans have been happy then?

Just because they have made a decision, this doesn't mean you have to like it, even if there isn't anything you can do about it.

You must think there's some financial benefit to Leigh otherwise why would they do it

2- The CEO's of Sheffield and Huddersfield were happy to merge. Should the Sheffield fans have been happy then?

Just because they have made a decision, this doesn't mean you have to like it, even if there isn't anything you can do about it.

1. In the year 2013 this is not a merger.

2. Some fans don't like anything, especially things that have not happened yet so they can predict some imagined disaster.

3. Meanwhile, in the real world..

I don't think they were. :wacko: The major shareholders might have been.

Has Leigh moved because under the current rules a Super League club may be linked to a second Championship club only if that club is situated in one of the expansion areas such as North east, South West, Midlands, Wales, London, Cumbria?

Wigan already have a partnership with South Wales scorpions and have several players playing for them at present.