Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thundergaz

Then their were 4

28 posts in this topic

Yes but at least we would be the feeder to the farce that is the championship than be the reserve team in it.

Unbelievable.

IF (big If) we were elevated to SL, id hope that wed carry on campaigning for the reintroduction of a reserves league. If not, apply for Rovers 2nds to apply for C1... maybe thats wrong, but id rather seethat happening (by all clubs) than use a Championship club for our own ends and money saving tactics.

Also, ill say that the set up Batley and Huddersfield have with medical stuff is a good aspect of the twinning system.

Leeds- Hunslet, Huddersfield-Batley and Wigan-Leigh look good partnerships on paper, not just for the player exchanges, but they have a great opportunity to get more bums on seats. Because they are near neighbours, they should be giving discounted admission to the season ticket holders of their partner clubs. These folk would not normally come to watch them so there would more to gain than lose, but sadly some of the other partnerships are too distant for fans of the other clubs to be bothered travelling.

I'm not a fan of this " partnership " with one club only lark , I'm reluctantly keeping an eye on it until the end of the the season in the hope we don't exceed what was expected under the old DC system that didn't work in previous years .

I just hope we still have a chair to sit on when the music stops .