Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leedsdog

Has the pitch been cleared of snow

14 posts in this topic

9am. I'll be amazed if we get this on tomorrow, but fingers crossed. Facebook, twitter and website will all announce in the morning.

I agree, looks unlikely, but if they could, it would be a real bonus. Not many matches on so extra supporters, plus if we could win, it's always good having the points in the bag rather than the games in hand.

I am sure some Lions fans would come over and help if there was any chance of getting the game on. I persume the pitch itself will be fairly soft underneath,

why?

Weather conditions. The snow will have frozen overnight and forecast is for temperatures to remain below zero all day.

why?

Bit of silly question really! There's 8inch of snow on the pitch. All surrounding side roads and car parks & terracing are covered by snow and ice.

Temperatures not set to rise above 0degrees.

And in all honesty do spectators want to stand in sub zero tempratures & watch an error strewn game, when the game can be rearranged? Not to mention the players welfare.

Its the right decision to call it off as not good for playing or watching rugby. Perhaps summer rugby is making us soft!

Its the right decision to call it off as not good for playing or watching rugby. Perhaps summer rugby is making us soft!

not making us soft , would have been called off if it was winter rugby, got to think of player welfare if ground is frozen, plus if batley is owt like redditch road,will be bad as loook like gritters not been out overnight.

Exactly. It would have been a miserable experience played out in front of a few hardy souls. The club would lose money hand over fist so all in all a decent decision.

Bit of silly question really! There's 8inch of snow on the pitch. All surrounding side roads and car parks & terracing are covered by snow and ice.

Temperatures not set to rise above 0degrees.

And in all honesty do spectators want to stand in sub zero tempratures & watch an error strewn game, when the game can be rearranged? Not to mention the players welfare.

is your 8 inch really just two inch!?!??

is your 8 inch really just two inch!?!??

:blink: :blink: :blink: