Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldham13

Oldham v South Wales

38 posts in this topic

i disagree....

the biggest factor in the drop in attendances is the state of whitebank and its lack of facilities....

build a main stand with the associated facilities...or indeed go back to bp....and attendances will rise...

i disagree....

the biggest factor in the drop in attendances is the state of whitebank and its lack of facilities....

build a main stand with the associated facilities...or indeed go back to bp....and attendances will rise...

Seconded. There are many die hard roughyeds who are too frail in the bones to survive the rigueurs of Whitebank. So they don't come. Neither do the people who bring them nor the associated kids and grandkids. Get a half decent stand up and attendances will increase.

If we are staying at Whitebank (which it seems we are) then we should have the smarteslt little ground around. After all there isn't a lot of facilities to maintain/tidy etc. So agree 100% with a stand and smartening up the parking and access would surely bring in more fans. The pathways at the ground are too narrow for someone with walking difficulties (old and young) to navigate.

a very basic mainstand...capacity around 1300

oldhammainstand1_zps226412d5.jpg

AFC wimbledon have just built a goal end version of this....with a capacity of just under a 1000

a very basic mainstand...capacity around 1300

oldhammainstand1_zps226412d5.jpg

AFC wimbledon have just built a goal end version of this....with a capacity of just under a 1000

How much?

the only figures i can find shows the FA gave them £150,000 towards the build....and the FA set the limit of the grants to no more than 50% of the cost of the build....so the total cost has to be £300,000+

Nowt has happend now in .......eeeer 4 or 5 years is it .........and there are no working showers ( supposedly ) so I think this is cuckooland

Have to agree with the posts about the state of the stadium though . In the summers we have here you will be P*** Wet Through watchin any match, not to mention freezing , and not being able to see anything .............

We cannot even have the ability to access behind the sticks at the bottom end or over on the farside next to the golf course.Surely that cant be a big fix but it seems to beyond our means, dream on about the Salford stand.

How do you know Spud that Whitebank can be developed? That's the million dollar question.

Why couldn't Oldham Town develop the ground further? My guess is, is that piece of land is a planning nightmare, as there are too many issues to deal with. That's probably why it has taken so long for planning to be submitted, as any normal request would be knocked back.