Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldham13

Oldham v South Wales

38 posts in this topic

Chris Tyrer sin binned 63rd min Oldham down to 12

SW also had man sin binned on the 63rd min

doesnt look like anyone in Oldham is interested any more seeing as u r the only person posting , and then not until gone 4 o'clock

Connor Farrer is a SW player ....... :lol: .sent to sin bin with Tyrer , so assume its for fighting

Bloomfield try 69th min

16 plays 12

Dally got his kicking boots on

Oldham 18 SW 12

Final score Gatehead 16 - Gloucester 18 a good win for them and will give em some confidence for the league campaign

All Golds beating Gateshead in the North East with 5 mins to play 18 to 16

Congratulations to London Skolars who have reached the Northern Rail Bowl Final.....Good Luck in the next round and the final.

We just need Hemel to put 70 passed NW and we will qualify for the next round and the final ha ha ha ha !!!!

Call me cynical but the RFL planned NRC groups to ensure the Bowl final was a show piece between sides in developing areas... :), :) (Joking of course)

if we had'nt have used DR players against crusaders we could have been in that bowl final...

if we had'nt have used DR players against crusaders we could have been in that bowl final...

Exactly!! A glorious opportunity wasted. Whole idea is a total waste of time.

Good win in South Wales, but an ongoing concern must be the number of tries we are conceding down our right wing. Gateshead targetted us there in the second half, and three of the Scorpions' tries seem to have been scored by their left wing pair. It's a problem that could cost us dearly in the big games. Please attend to it urgently, Scott.

The Championship One Season kicks off this Friday and their is no room for error with a only 16 game league season.

With only 9 teams competing in the campaign this season, the pressure to get a good start will be intense. Teams can't afford to have a dip in form especially if they want to gain automatic promotion. The competition also boasts three new teams, which are an unknown quantities, well Oxford RLFC doesn't hold too many surprises tho! The team who can pick up points on the road have to be favorites. With long road trips to South Wales, Gloucestershire, London x 2, Gateshead and Oxford the away games will be difficult, North Wales will be the bookies favorites, the away trip to South Wales is always tricky and I believe this season London will be very difficult to beat, throw in two derby matches against Rochdale and you can see that teams have to maintain an high standard for all the entire 16 game season.

The play off's will be as equally difficult, London may be the surprise package in 2013.......

The 14 team Championship is an excellent league and Oldham NEED to be in it.

Win the league and play next seasons games at Boundary Park seems to be the only realistic scenario to me Oldham13?

Any alternatives you can think of?

Their are a lot of variables to consider before we look forward to the 2014 season, The league is going to be very tight this season and at this stage I wouldn't like to say who will win it.

The NW Crusaders have a very strong championship winning team, London Skolars, South Wales will be difficult games away and Rochdale will be strong both home and away. The play off winning team will have to hit form at the right time to gain promotion.

A realistic scenario about the ground will depends on which division the football club are playing in, Can we afford to "Rent BP" but the current ground is not fit for purpose for the Championship, so Whitebank is either brought up to standard or we look for an alternative ground share, both scenario's have issues attached to them.

I don't think we need fear anyone in this division but I agree it's going to be tough. Especially with such a small squad compared to other clubs. As for the ground, who knows?

Their are a lot of variables to consider before we look forward to the 2014 season, The league is going to be very tight this season and at this stage I wouldn't like to say who will win it.

The NW Crusaders have a very strong championship winning team, London Skolars, South Wales will be difficult games away and Rochdale will be strong both home and away. The play off winning team will have to hit form at the right time to gain promotion.

A realistic scenario about the ground will depends on which division the football club are playing in, Can we afford to "Rent BP" but the current ground is not fit for purpose for the Championship, so Whitebank is either brought up to standard or we look for an alternative ground share, both scenario's have issues attached to them.

Ha Ha I like that bit about renting BP .........can Mr. Hamilton aford to mend the showers never minsd owt else ......... forget about BP, there would not be enough there to fill the press box