Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Team for haven and predictions

81 posts in this topic

I'd go Forber n Lupton if our Aussie Queensland Cup winner is still exiled in the centres . He's been showing decent form

and his goal kicking could count here . Not that id give you much of an argument , neithers the answer.Callum Phillips coming off the bench to rip up big fellas like Martins and Pora ,

with Matty hopefully doing the same to start ( or vice versa - the main point is to get our scooters running up the guts ).

Lawton has to figure , he's a real impact player .

I'd play him at loose forward and leave Phillips and Stack in the second row, the lad isn't just a big unit he has cracking pair of hands and the brain to go with it. Believe or not he used to play stand off .

I'd go Forber n Lupton if our Aussie Queensland Cup winner is still exiled in the centres . He's been showing decent form

and his goal kicking could count here . Not that id give you much of an argument , neithers the answer.Callum Phillips coming off the bench to rip up big fellas like Martins and Pora ,

with Matty hopefully doing the same to start ( or vice versa - the main point is to get our scooters running up the guts ).

Lawton has to figure , he's a real impact player .

I think your doing Brett Carter a dis-service on the goal kicking front there David. Is Forber better than Brett as I think Brett has more than stepped up to the mark. It's kicking out of hand we need to improve on. Remember the Holt kicking masterclass against the Jam which included a drop out from between the sticks that went the full length of the field and went dead behind their goal? That's what we could do with again!

I'd play him at loose forward and leave Phillips and Stack in the second row, the lad isn't just a big unit he has cracking pair of hands and the brain to go with it. Believe or not he used to play stand off .

Yeah I'd believe that, he also has good feet for a big lad.

Yeh fair enough . The in play kicking is a great point , as I said look at Black . It's so important in the modern game - a good

kicker is the string puller who controls the match .

olstrum is playing really well at 13. so if he is available i think he will start at 13. Adam lawton to impact off the bench.

Yeh fair enough . The in play kicking is a great point , as I said look at Black . It's so important in the modern game - a good

Need to improve ten fold in that area , some of the short grubber kicking from Lupton was okay last week when in good field position but you really struggle with the 5th tackle play when the kick needs to be longer

When we were after Connor in November it was said that he was a stand-off with a good kicking game!!!!!! Do you think we will ever see this?

olstrum is playing really well at 13. so if he is available i think he will start at 13. Adam lawton to impact off the bench.

oh yes forgot about olstrum he has been playing well , is he available this week??

When Morris and then Rooney back surely then Keith . You'd think he's filling in with the lack in numbers at centre

but more than enough halves ....Surely !!!!

Need to improve ten fold in that area , some of the short grubber kicking from Lupton was okay last week when in good field position but you really struggle with the 5th tackle play when the kick needs to be longer

yeah we need to improve kicking from hand. too many kicks were straight into the full backs hands against batley. we gotta turn the full back more.

When Morris and then Rooney back surely then Keith . You'd think he's filling in with the lack in numbers at centre

but more than enough halves ....Surely !!!!

If you keep Rooney quite David I'm confident you will win. He pulls all the strings for haven without Him they would struggle big time.

If you keep Rooney quite David I'm confident you will win. He pulls all the strings for haven without Him they would struggle big time.

we need to be wise to his quick drop outs which he puts into touch. we need to keep him quiet he is for me the only haven player i would have at town but for me this is mainly a forward battle.

we need to be wise to his quick drop outs which he puts into touch. we need to keep him quiet he is for me the only haven player i would have at town but for me this is mainly a forward battle.

The problem with Rooney is he just isn't good with ball in hand and his kicking game. He also marshals his troops very well and gets the best out of them.

The problem with Rooney is he just isn't good with ball in hand and his kicking game. He also marshals his troops very well and gets the best out of them.

yeah gaz he should be playing for one of the top 5 in this league

yeah gaz he should be playing for one of the top 5 in this league

He wants an easy life mate that's why he left wakey. If he was with a top 5 team he would be put through his paces and he doesn't want that anymore.

I can just hear the haven fans ... ' he is with a top 5 team ' !!! He is the key for them though and we snuff him out by

getting on top in the forward battle and giving him scraps to feed off .

Is everyone nervous or something? I've never seen the forum so quiet :D The club need to be cranking the build up - up as we haven't had any tempters from them this week.

no not nervous. quietly confident. its simple we perform like we can we have enough to beat them lot. its a derby so we have to do the business. we can only beat ourselves by not performing but i feel we will be fine. no doubt the troll will copy and paste this onto deluded.com

hows the weather holding up ?? and danger of it getting postponed ?

its very cold in west cumbria but no snow or ground frost so far. As things stand it should be on.

Always nervous before the derby ... Love it and hate it in equal measures ! Purely because the stakes are so high and you daren't lose ... Feel better when we're toddling off home with three points in the pocket !

Always nervous before the derby ... Love it and hate it in equal measures ! Purely because the stakes are so high and you daren't lose ... Feel better when we're toddling off home with three points in the pocket !

I know what you mean David. Hopefully our injuries won't affect us too much and we can keep our run going. It would be very nice to have Matty and Stack back, Thacks will also be a big miss. But even if they are all missing we can still do it.