Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maccca-6-

Batley

58 posts in this topic

16:13 train takes 14 mins gets in 16:27 £3.60 return, that's me I think!

And me mate

not if you have to get bus to train staion. costs more

1 bus ticket arriva day rover gets me all way to batley from hunslet rd

anyway its your choice

As you come out of weather spoons turn right as if your going into the town centre and its about 200m on your right mate. Nice little pub, batley fans use it as well

Bloody hell mate, wouldnt like to be walking a marathon with you, its out the front door, turn right and then walk for 20 metres, think you put an extra 0 on the end.

Will the game be on? What's the state of the pitch?

I hope all these detailed plans come to fruition!! But with no sign of it warming up and more snow in the forecast, it must be doubtful already.

I'm already developing a "Plan B" for the early part of the Easter break ... :(

Bloody hell mate, wouldnt like to be walking a marathon with you, its out the front door, turn right and then walk for 20 metres, think you put an extra 0 on the end.

Yes I did sorry stupid iPhone.

Have Batley cleared the pitch?

I think the snow will have been left on the pitch as it insulates the ground. I live on the opposite hill to the mount and the ground under our snow in the field is not frozen so I am hopeful that the game will go ahead perhaps with just restricted access to the bottom terrace? In any event I am sure the club will let us know in good time on Good Friday as they may need volunteers to clear it.

Thing is, it's going to be 2 to 3 degrees by day and -2 to -3 by night. Assuming there's a few inches of snow up there it will melt by day (into the pitch!) but protect it from frost by night.

Clear the snow (hardly a 10 minute job in itself), and it will stop it waterlogging the pitch but it will cop for the heavy overnight frosts ...

Tough call ... :unsure:

I think the snow will have been left on the pitch as it insulates the ground. I live on the opposite hill to the mount and the ground under our snow in the field is not frozen so I am hopeful that the game will go ahead perhaps with just restricted access to the bottom terrace? In any event I am sure the club will let us know in good time on Good Friday as they may need volunteers to clear it.

You must have loads of prayer mats in Batley , can't you cover the pitch with them , and if you say you hav'nt enough , i won't believe you ! B)

Nice and racist I see.

Whats racist about my comment , theres plenty of white , black , yellow , green, people i don't like , was'nt you up before Hunslet for racist comments yourself , go stir ur ###### somewhere else Daz.............

Nice and racist I see.

Thats rich from A Celtic Scumbag who makes vile comments about the Queen.

Whats racist about my comment , theres plenty of white , black , yellow , green, people i don't like , was'nt you up before Hunslet for racist comments yourself , go stir ur ###### somewhere else Daz.............

Nice one Blackbeard. You tell him.

No I was wrongly accused of it Rik.

I was joking Rik bloody hell. What green people do you know?

Thats rich from A Celtic Scumbag who makes vile comments about the Queen.

Crawl back under your stone you idiot. Glasgow's green and white!!!!!!

No I was wrongly accused of it Rik.

I was joking Rik bloody hell. What green people do you know?

yeh well i'm not a racist , i've just cleaned my tropical fish tank out and the Black Mollies av taken over the tank with there young , maybe i shud get some BMP Guppys to sort em out , and i've got a black ferret..... B)

yeh well i'm not a racist , i've just cleaned my tropical fish tank out and the Black Mollies av taken over the tank with there young , maybe i shud get some BMP Guppys to sort em out , and i've got a black ferret..... B)

See pm rik.

See pm rik.

Daz if i've got owt to say i'll say it on ere , so everyone can see it.................

Whatever done on here. Good luck to everyone in the future. For any info on the fundraising night go to Brighouse ARLFC website. See ya all later.