Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thundergaz

Premier sports

25 posts in this topic

Just wondered if they would be covering 2 games this weekend? If so which 2 games are they and what days?

Only game scheduled for this coming weekend is Easter Monday South Wales Scorpions V North Wales Crusaders @1500 hrs

Only game scheduled for this coming weekend is Easter Monday South Wales Scorpions V North Wales Crusaders @1500 hrs

It makes you laugh doesn't it. A massive weekend of RL and they televise one game and its not even a champ game ridiculous.

It makes you laugh doesn't it. A massive weekend of RL and they televise one game and its not even a champ game ridiculous.

Give over with the mock outrage.

Give over with the mock outrage.

I wouldn't mind matt but its probably the biggest weekend of the year for RL and they cover one game and its not even the champ. No wonder we can't get outsiders interested in our game.(although I doubt many people subscribe to premier unless they are rugby fans anyway) but you know what I mean.

The Town v Haven match was scheduled for Good Friday but Premier Sports wanted a 5 .15pm kick off but the Police objected because on GoodFriday, Easter Tuesday and the following Saturday they have what is known as "Uppies and Downies". This is one of those ancient games where anything goes andno rules apply and those games always start at 6pm just a few hundred yards from the Town ground. The PS couldn't fit in at any other time and cancelled thematch from their schedule.

The Town v Haven match was scheduled for Good Friday but Premier Sports wanted a 5 .15pm kick off but the Police objected because on GoodFriday, Easter Tuesday and the following Saturday they have what is known as "Uppies and Downies". This is one of those ancient games where anything goes andno rules apply and those games always start at 6pm just a few hundred yards from the Town ground. The PS couldn't fit in at any other time and cancelled thematch from their schedule.

That's a shame Keith as I would of liked to watch that game. It's arguably the tie of the weekend.

Just wondered if they would be covering 2 games this weekend? If so which 2 games are they and what days?

I would just love them to give you prior warning that your subscription is about to lapse, instead of letting you find out with a message on your TV screen telling you so, and no match recorded.

I would just love them to give you prior warning that your subscription is about to lapse, instead of letting you find out with a message on your TV screen telling you so, and no match recorded.

I know what you mean mo I got that this morning that's why I asked to see if their was any rugby on this weekend. Now I know I might just wait to renew it

I know what you mean mo I got that this morning that's why I asked to see if their was any rugby on this weekend. Now I know I might just wait to renew it .

When you renew use NUTS6 code and you get 6 months for £30

Threatened to cancel my subs, Maureen. Gave me the next three months at £3-90 pm..

When you renew use NUTS6 code and you get 6 months for £30

Thanks for that sharlo will do cheers.

Been on £3. Something since they tried to put the price up last year. Told them to shove it as how could they justify a +20% price rise. She gave me it for 3 quid and been paying that for at least 5 months.

You should be so lucky maureen . I wasn,t too sure if i was going to have premier again but they tuck £95 out of my account with out telling me .Nice. They said they contacted me . Don,t think so. Lol

I had the same experience andyc. I sent two e-mails to them asking when my annual contract ended, as you have to give 30 days notice to say you are not renewing, and I didn't get a reply to either. I then telephoned them on their 8p per minute phone number and was told my annual contract had been renewed 2 weeks earlier at £95. I wanted to cancel and take out the offer they had at that time of £80 annual subscription but they wouldn't let me so I was stuck again with the £95 sub.

I always diarise these things so I know when they are to finish. I also paid £95 and was told it was because they were doing the full Aussie programme of matches. My cancelling of Sky Sports at the end of the RL season pays for most of it anyway. I renew SL after three months and that saving goes towards the Premier Sports sub. Some of the other schemes mentioned seem very good, do they also give full Aussie games coverage?

I wouldn't mind matt but its probably the biggest weekend of the year for RL and they cover one game and its not even the champ. No wonder we can't get outsiders interested in our game.(although I doubt many people subscribe to premier unless they are rugby fans anyway) but you know what I mean.

I think youre expecting a little much from Prem Sports, I think they have that 1 kit and a smaller budget than Sky who have more man power.

They do well to say theyve been in existence for about 2/3 years... apart from the clmmentary team, theyre doing well.

They may be better equipped next year.

I think youre expecting a little much from Prem Sports, I think they have that 1 kit and a smaller budget than Sky who have more man power.

They do well to say theyve been in existence for about 2/3 years... apart from the clmmentary team, theyre doing well.

They may be better equipped next year.

Agree Matt, top value for money if RL's your game

I think Premier Sports is great. Apart from RL they have sports such has hurling and Irish football. It's like watching Channel 4 in the 80's.

I think Premier Sports is great. Apart from RL they have sports such has hurling and Irish football. It's like watching Channel 4 in the 80's.

Ch 4 was free though Ian.

It's not great for someone who doesn't watch much Telly and would only watch it when Rovers are playing. You can't even watch it in most pubs 'cos they won't subscribe to Premier!

I subscibed last year for £8o and they took the money out of my account for this year without notifying me. The first I knew was when I got my statement from the bank. However with the amount of Aussie rugby and Championship matches I am quite happy to pay the increase.

I reckon Premier Sports is good value. Maybe that's because I'm mainly interested in the division we're in. I only get Sky Sports when they ring up and offer it to us cheap. I can get my $uperleague fix from the $uperleague show. Fact is, I don't have the inclination to watch all the stuff that's available anyway - can't be sat watching t'telly for days on end.