Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

York V Featherstone.Fri 29thMarch 1pm K.O.

Match Prediction   44 members have voted

1. 1. Win, Lose or Draw

• York To Win
    • Featherstone To Win
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

162 posts in this topic

Gaz old lad, I've held off today, but much to my chagrin I can't any longer. Why don't you take at least a nano sec and think before you speak/type. You produce enough Ssshh yte to run a biomass farm for the whole of China.

AV all I'm saying is what were serving up at the moment isn't good enough. We have had the same game plan for 4 years now and no plan B or C. Teams are getting wise to our game plan. Our kicking game is non existent. How many 40/20s do we get a season one? Also we can't score full length of the field tries so when we are kicked to death we struggle. We never force a team to give us repeat sets like York did today on many occasions and mr Finn isn't a leader we need a leader on the park. Right their you go I've put it into context for you and not blown any gas. Pick the bones out of that

AV all I'm saying is what were serving up at the moment isn't good enough. We have had the same game plan for 4 years now and no plan B or C. Teams are getting wise to our game plan. Our kicking game is non existent. How many 40/20s do we get a season one? Also we can't score full length of the field tries so when we are kicked to death we struggle. We never force a team to give us repeat sets like York did today on many occasions and mr Finn isn't a leader we need a leader on the park. Right their you go I've put it into context for you and not blown any gas. Pick the bones out of that .

which ever way i look at it your a sore loser

which ever way i look at it your a sore loser

I don't care what you think. I'm more worried about my team than petty point scoring.

AV all I'm saying is what were serving up at the moment isn't good enough. We have had the same game plan for 4 years now and no plan B or C. Teams are getting wise to our game plan. Our kicking game is non existent. How many 40/20s do we get a season one? Also we can't score full length of the field tries so when we are kicked to death we struggle. We never force a team to give us repeat sets like York did today on many occasions and mr Finn isn't a leader we need a leader on the park. Right their you go I've put it into context for you and not blown any gas. Pick the bones out of that .

Didn't you stop watching Rovers and started to watch Wakefield when Rovers lost a game last season? think its time you stopped spitting your dummy out just because York beat you, have a look at the league table it's very close this season, you win some and you lose some, move on.

I don't care what you think. I'm more worried about my team than petty point scoring.

I think you need to chill out a little.

You'll still be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

Didn't you stop watching Rovers and started to watch Wakefield when Rovers lost a game last season? think its time you stopped spitting your dummy out just because York beat you, have a look at the league table it's very close this season, you win some and you lose some, move on.

It's no secret I go and watch both teams as most of my mates are wakey fans like I watched both games today. If Fev havnt got a game then I watch wakey but Fev is my team and as been for 20 years. As for spitting the dummy out I'm not happy with my teams performances and you being a York fan should understand that.

Great performance from a genuine York side today, pleased especially for the ex Fev lads who all showed up well against their old team mates. We didn't show York enough respect in my opinion and paid the ultimate price. Seen it all before many times, lets hope the lesson has been learned.

It's no secret I go and watch both teams as most of my mates are wakey fans like I watched both games today. If Fev havnt got a game then I watch wakey but Fev is my team and as have been for 20 years. As for spitting the dummy out I'm not happy with my teams performances and you being a York fan should understand that.

We have had some shocking games this season and thats after the three previous seasons where we were bad, but we get over it and move on, if I wanted to watch a winning team I suppose I could watch Man U but im happy watching York warts and all, you made your self look a fool by saying we were not good enough to be on the same field as you, that came back and bit you on your bum. B)

We have had some shocking games this season and thats after the three previous seasons where we were bad, but we get over it and move on, if I wanted to watch a winning team I suppose I could watch Man U but im happy watching York warts and all, you made your self look a fool by saying we were not good enough to be on the same field as you, that came back and bit you on your bum. B)

Enjoy the win your 17 deserved it. I haven't been happy with any of our performances this year not just today's game its been all of our games. Anyway rant over for this thread moving on to swinton.

It's no secret I go and watch both teams as most of my mates are wakey fans like I watched both games today. If Fev havnt got a game then I watch wakey but Fev is my team and as have been for 20 years. As for spitting the dummy out I'm not happy with my teams performances and you being a York fan should understand that.

But we dont spit the dummy out.After a defeat,we try to rally the fans and the team and strive to do better as we have done after our dismal performance against Keighley.We did not begrudge Keighley their victory.The team, the fans and the coaching staff were so hurt by that performance that they even offered to pay for the supporters bus to the next away game.Not once were fans calling for Gary Thornton to be replaced.I cannot believe that some of your fans are calling into question Powells credentials.Learn to live with the odd defeat,in sport it happens.

Just a note to say Sheffield Eagles struggled to beat Doncaster Trinity.....It was a bit of a Wildcat meeting!!!!

.I cannot believe that some of your fans are calling into question Powells credentials.Learn to live with the odd defeat,in sport it happens.

I'm not going to comment on DP as the people who know me know what I think about DP.

Has anyone got a plan B and C? I haven't seen one.

First of all, well done York Knights, a well deserved win from a team that gave their all.

Onto Featherstone, firstly given the resources the coach has, which are amongst the highest in the Championship, it is only natural that expectations are high both in terms of winning and performances. For me, the warning signs were there last year, we play pretty dull but usually effective rugby, which due to a lack of game breakers and the ability to vary tactics means that teams have worked out how to close us down, just like in last seasons NR Cup Final and Grand Final. I'd have hoped Powell would have solved this problems, but alas this season shows that so far is hasn't, once again we lack the ability to break teams down.

My opinion is that, the team needs changes and quickly if we are to compete for Trophies, we need at least one back with pace and the ability to make breaks, and I'd suggest another stand off or scrum half with a decent kicking game. The forwards are great but we are being let down by the three quarters and to some extent half backs.

i dont post much but after yesterday and hearing some comments i have to put my point accross.

we have lost two on the bounce now and today was very poor but it happens we need to dust ourselfs down and get back on it.

dp is the man for us and that i have no doubt one of our near neighbours who arnt doing very well are talking about how much they would like him on there forum.

so on to monday lets get there have a few beers and get behind the team and dp we need to stand together crowds are picking up a little would be a shame if they were to drop off now.

also well done to york you made me sulk all day :)

It's not all about money it's about desire lets face it fev just thought they had to turn up and you were totally out played just goes to show having a big pack isn't always the right formula.

Edit, do not use text speak

With all the pivot players weve got youd think wed have a better kicking game out of one of them ,Andy Kain is surely fit enough to play a deserved full game ,and i personally think its a class full back we need allowing hardman in the centres with smeaton when he gets back ,so my solution is billy slater and danny brough :rolleyes:

Unfortunately you let a class fullback sign for us , Tom Carr has been great this season , was told by a mate of mine who coached Tom at Chequers ( Ponte SSC ) that he was a quality player , he wasnt wrong , also a standout for your U20s last season , but for reasons you stuck with Hardman !

Unfortunately you let a class fullback sign for us , Tom Carr has been great this season , was told by a mate of mine who coached Tom at Chequers ( Ponte SSC ) that he was a quality player , he wasnt wrong , also a standout for your U20s last season , but for reasons you stuck with Hardman !

I agree Tom is a good lad and he will mature into a good player ,but i was hoping for a full back whos got real class and brains now ,someone who can make the difference combating great kicking games ,along with the wingers of course in big games ,ie last years finals and this years with a bit of luck ,

Ah well, a reality check won't do anyone any harm.

You only need to play well in September.

Absolute shambolic, it really was, especially in the last 30 mins of second half - stale and predictable

It makes me wonder what is going on in the coaching at Fev as the ex players - who were abysmal in their first team appearances for Fev are suddenly world beaters and having great seasons for their new teams and made us look silly

Get that captaincy taken off Finn ASAP, a shadow of his former self and not a leader on the pitch, or the leader we require

The days of big victories and smashing teams off the park is over at this present time, we have to start from the beginning and id gladly take a narrow victory over Swinton just to put some confidence back into the team

With all the pivot players weve got youd think wed have a better kicking game out of one of them ,Andy Kain is surely fit enough to play a deserved full game ,and i personally think its a class full back we need allowing hardman in the centres with smeaton when he gets back ,so my solution is billy slater and danny brough :rolleyes:

I'd like to see Tommy Saxton given another try out at full-back. He seems less effective on the wing these days, maybe because opposition sides have worked out how to play him. Whenever Hardman returns an upfield kick he runs sideways across the pitch and always seems to get caught under our sticks. I think that Tommy would beat the chasers more often to relieve the pressure, and it would give the opposition more to worry about if he was linking up from full-back.

If that fool is in charge then York 28 Fev 16

penalty count York 16 Fev 4

Closest this week as the Fev points were identical but Thundergaz was also 4 points out on score also