Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

Barrow v Knights

44 posts in this topic

Need to do more for kids like they used to games before and half time as someone said to me maybe give so many kid season tickets away beginning of season them kids will bring at least one adult through the turnstile

Maybe lower the entrance fee for a big game get the crowd back see what there missing out on

What did we do against Oldham a few years ago? It was also televised game still got about 2000+ plus didn't we?

What did we do against Oldham a few years ago? It was also televised game still got about 2000+ plus didn't we?

We let everyone in for free.

Need to do more for kids like they used to games before and half time as someone said to me maybe give so many kid season tickets away beginning of season them kids will bring at least one adult through the turnstile

This, this and more this. More people in the ground who wouldn't be there originally, get the kids hooked while they're young. My Gran brought me to my first game, the first ever Knights match, I was 9 then and never really watched rugby before and I'm still coming every other week now, so if it worked for me then surely it work for other children too. I remember they used to give tickets away to school children as I remember one of my classmates saying "Who are Keegly Cougars?"

Just an idea the pre match entertainment has gone who remembers singers before and halftime kids games at side of pitch Norris squirting everyone with his gun freebee at half time small choc bars handed out I know it all costs money but I'm sure if u ask for local groups singers they will be more than happy to do a bit for free rick Whitter big fan of club maybe a little sing before game I know 2 or 3 groups if asked would prob do something pre match if it gets them a gig somewhere at the end of the day

U only have to look around at how many kids go now kids are the future get them involved

Oh no hes not andy., keep your eyes and ears open.

*rollseyes*

Anyhoo...

Giving kids season tickets doesn't work because the ground is too inaccessible without a car (not the safest route for kids alone, is it). There are thousands of season tickets given out every year as well as thousands of free kids tickets on flyers. It simply doesn't work.

Most adults see through the free kids thing and they realise its actually 14 quid to take the kid to something they've heard of at school and they're not that bothered about - let's go to me mams for a free sunday dinner instead, you've never shown an interest before and they'll probably lose anyway, stop whining or ill clatter you...

Maybe adults go free if they bring 2 kids in at 7 quid. Or bring a kid, get a fiver off an adult entry - Change of mindset - suddenly loads of kids with no real impact on revenues.

But also, bring back fun Norris with his chocolate and his water squirter.

Like everyone else I want to see the atmosphere back at yck them people are somewhere and need to be found again.

Agree the first Norris we had really got the kids involved in everything.

pete miller absolutely awesome home and away will speak to lee this week or might even take the job on myself away from home could be some good scrapping lol :D with me mate down the road