Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

28/03/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls - KO 8pm

Who will win?   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Bradford Bulls
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

174 posts in this topic

Yeah, a bit silly, but hardly a sacking offence though. I've seen many variations of those since I've been watching RL.

I don't know much about this but by all accounts it was a few Leeds twitchforks who were rabble rousing and this knee-jerk reaction took place. Most mild-mannered Bradford and Leeds fans took it with a pinch of salt and accepted the apology and that it was a light hearted joke that back-fired.

A big shame because despite problems with stock that were out of his control, he was a great asset to the club and the shop looked great. Still, something has to offend someone these days.

Spoke to him once or twice and he had a load of passion for the club despite not being from an RL background. Massive shame, and unless there is something else behind the scenes we haven't been told, seems like a total over-reaction and another PR own goal for the club.

EDIT - Especially when a certain former member of this forum has partial control of the OFFICIAL Bulls account and has openly criticised refs with it. A much worse image for the club IMO.

Spoke to him once or twice and he had a load of passion for the club despite not being from an RL background. Massive shame, and unless there is something else behind the scenes we haven't been told, seems like a total over-reaction and another PR own goal for the club.

EDIT - Especially when a certain former member of this forum has partial control of the OFFICIAL Bulls account and has openly criticised refs with it. A much worse image for the club IMO.

Does seem to be an overreaction but as you say we don't know what else has happened.

He has? When? He's always been pretty professional with it and does a hell of a lot of good with it.

These tests just keep coming and this is the biggest of them all. I dunno, I'm not expecting much but hope for the two points, even if it's the worst derby game in Super League history! I better get wrapped up warm. Leeds aren't invincible and it's been rather nip and tuck over the last few seasons which like all derbies means form goes out of the window.

These tests just keep coming and this is the biggest of them all. I dunno, I'm not expecting much but hope for the two points, even if it's the worst derby game in Super League history! I better get wrapped up warm. Leeds aren't invincible and it's been rather nip and tuck over the last few seasons which like all derbies means form goes out of the window.

Agree with that. Leeds were only fifth last year against our sixth [before deduction] and [i know they've played fewer games] currently below us. They have a generally more expesively put together squad, are at home and obviously must start favourites, but are indeed far from invincible.

If the last couple of years have told us anything its that any team can come to Headingley and potentially get a win during the regular season.

The lack of game last week for Leeds could go either way and this early in the season probably wont have a big effect on the teams.

Should be a good, close game. Ill go Leeds by 8.

He has? When? He's always been pretty professional with it and does a hell of a lot of good with it.

"A hell of a lot of good" is overstating the case a tad I feel. In general, it's OK, not great and a lot of guff comes out of the account and not just from our old pal. Some people seem to like it though, so who am I to judge. I think the whole club needs to go on social media awareness training- players included.

Keep an eye out if the Bulls are on the wrong end of the penalty count tonight, that's the last time the twitter account was "professional".

Note: I reserve the right to edit this poll if Leeds win tonight... B)

...and *whisper it quietly* someone may be on a hospitality freebie for tonight's game... :blush:

"A hell of a lot of good" is overstating the case a tad I feel. In general, it's OK, not great and a lot of guff comes out of the account and not just from our old pal. Some people seem to like it though, so who am I to judge. I think the whole club needs to go on social media awareness training- players included.

Keep an eye out if the Bulls are on the wrong end of the penalty count tonight, that's the last time the twitter account was "professional".

He keeps the Bulls name out there and gives more info out than the rest of the league put together. Who else would do a minute by minute review of an U19s game :lol:

I have never seen him go too far on there when talking about penalty counts and I have never seen him actually criticise the referee. The more he tweets, the more the Bulls name is out there and it looks like the club care. It creates more of a bond with the supporters IMO.

Are you two going to the game tonight?

Or will you both be up a tree; k-i-s-s-i-n-g?

:P :P

He keeps the Bulls name out there and gives more info out than the rest of the league put together. Who else would do a minute by minute review of an U19s game :lol:

I have never seen him go too far on there when talking about penalty counts and I have never seen him actually criticise the referee. The more he tweets, the more the Bulls name is out there and it looks like the club care. It creates more of a bond with the supporters IMO.

Does because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened! Think we'll have to agree to disagree, far more important things to argue about, like the match!

Are you two going to the game tonight?

Or will you both be up a tree; k-i-s-s-i-n-g?

:P :P

OI!

Yes, I'll be going and looking for Harrigan with "I <3 @OfficialBullsRL " on his shirt (if the Rhinos will allow that in their club shop) :D

I think the state of the pitch might be crucial. If it is heavy, we are a bit lightweight up front with only three props.

We will need to capitalise on the guile of LeStrange and the unpredictability of Sammut.

Fortunately, Foster is as tall as Hall and so the crucial Leeds LHS crosskick can be contested.

Not confident, but Bulls by four.

OI!

Yes, I'll be going and looking for Harrigan with "I <3 @OfficialBullsRL " on his shirt (if the Rhinos will allow that in their club shop) :D

I meant When Harri met Gleddy, err ok that didn't work. Them two, not you.

I think the state of the pitch might be crucial. If it is heavy, we are a bit lightweight up front with only three props.

We will need to capitalise on the guile of LeStrange and the unpredictability of Sammut.

Fortunately, Foster is as tall as Hall and so the crucial Leeds LHS crosskick can be contested.

Not confident, but Bulls by four.

Don't mention the pitch!

It cost a million quid did that, bestest eva.

And I think Foster will line up on our left wing, so it'll be Kear (or perhaps Purtell) up against Hall.

And I think Foster will line up on our left wing, so it'll be Kear (or perhaps Purtell) up against Hall.

I think they'll switch Foster and Kear because of the aerial threat, with Purtell in the centre and Chev at LF.

I think they'll switch Foster and Kear because of the aerial threat, with Purtell in the centre and Chev at LF.

No idea, actual options for the first time this season.

Part of me thinks Cummins will revert to the line-ups from rounds 1 and 2, with Kearney at 6 and Purtell replacing Platt on the wing.

Or he'll keep it relatively the same and just chop the bench and Kear. I can't decide what would be our best side and certainly aren't many who deserve dropping, i.e. Donaldson, Kear or Addy. Although I think Murphy should be, too big a game too early for him.

Does because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened! Think we'll have to agree to disagree, far more important things to argue about, like the match!

Well as I am usually sat next to him as he's typing... ;)

OK, what shall we argue about? Plus I gave in on shirt printing years ago. Every player I had on my shirt left :lol:

I meant When Harri met Gleddy, err ok that didn't work. Them two, not you.

I'm picking him up but I'm being a supporter today ;)

I'm picking him up but I'm being a supporter today ;)

Ahh, wrong film. An Officer and a Gentlemen style.

Anyway you lot, I'm off in a few minutes so behave yourselves and be nice when I come back deflated...! :(

Agree with that. Leeds were only fifth last year against our sixth [before deduction] and [i know they've played fewer games] currently below us. They have a generally more expesively put together squad, are at home and obviously must start favourites, but are indeed far from invincible.

As a pedant looking in I can't resist pointing out that it would have been seventh. Bradford's playing record added up to 29 points. Leeds and Hull finished with 32.