Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

28/03/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls - KO 8pm

Who will win?   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Bradford Bulls
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

174 posts in this topic

God knows how the Bulls hung in there because we gave so many penalties away to give Leeds cheap position, scrambling D was superb..

Cracking game, scruffy, nasty, skilful and entertaining.

Another absolute walkover points fest which has shown that SL provides no close games.

Bulls deserved to get a win Leeds wanted to fight and it cost them well done bulls

Great game, loved it. A bit of something for everyone in there.

Great game, Bentham let the game flow, the only thing he got wrong was the Sinfield knock on. Peacock probably cost Leeds, pushing at the tackle meant the drop goal was ruled out, then got sin binned.

Great for the neutrals

Cracking game, scruffy, nasty, skilful and entertaining.

Another absolute walkover points fest which has shown that SL provides no close games.

Aye. They are so much closer in the League of Real Rugby...Halifax v Dewsbury for example. :-)

Aye. They are so much closer in the League of Real Rugby...Halifax v Dewsbury for example. :-)

As boring and unnecessary as the posters you're trying to take the wee out of.

As boring and unnecessary as the posters you're trying to take the wee out of.

I disagree, the negative posters that he is taking the mick out of dominate this forum and jump on every little event. It's nice to be able to put two fingers up to them.

That was a great game of rugby league, with something for everyone and the best kind of finish. Good to see Bradford fighting again and playing some good rugby as well.

I disagree, the negative posters that he is taking the mick out of dominate this forum and jump on every little event. It's nice to be able to put two fingers up to them.

I guess it depends on your perspective. I find it pretty even on the ###### for tat irrelevant jibing. Both sets of posters are guilty. S'boring.

Anyway, moving on.. Great show from the Bulls, I just think they lack options on the last tackle.

Fantastic entertainment tonight - it genuinely looks like SL is getting more and more unpredictable.

I'll take that.

I'm a little disappointed that we looked a little devoid of attacking ideas at times, but I thought we held on well.

Right, I'll watch the game and read all the flak tomorrow. I'm off for a sleep.

Thought we were the better side in a top class game.

For those who couldn't see what the fuss was about re Whitehead & Bateman then it was there to see tonight. Olbison and Addy aren't far off either.

Love the Bulls...

I'll take that.

I'm a little disappointed that we looked a little devoid of attacking ideas at times, but I thought we held on well.

Right, I'll watch the game and read all the flak tomorrow. I'm off for a sleep.

to be fair you looked devoid of attacking ideas against a champion team. Thats not a massive issue.

Sorry to be on a downer, but, technically, I didn't think it was a great game and i think we were a bit lucky to get a draw. For all that, it was a very exciting game to watch and the atmosphere in the crowd was like the old days.

I thought: -

- Brett Kearney was already on the way down before Ryan Hall pushed him during the build up to the early disallowed try.

- We gave so many stupid penalties away for holding down non-dangerous players in non-dangerous positions in the first half that someone could have got sin-binned.

- Jarrod Sammut was quiet compared to recent weeks and didn't look to stand very often on the right hand side of the play-the-ball. Thus Danny Addy was the playmaker on that side and, though he made ground by running, he slows the passing moves down whenever he gets the ball. I couldn't believe it when I got to the pub and they told me he was the Sky MOM. My choice would be Manese Manufakoa or Jamie Foster and John Bateman had an outstanding second half.

- The Leeds triumvirate of Sinfield, McGuire and Burrow never really clicked to open us up like they usually do.

- We scrambled well and kicked pretty well and nobody left the field without plenty of aches and bruises. We have more than enough perspiration, but could have done with a bit more inspiration.

- Neither side played well enough to beat Wigan on current form. Leeds go to France this weekend, and the Catalans beat us by a comfortable margin last week. Even in a topsy turvy season, I can't see a Leeds win.

Still, what do I know!

:D

When Luke Gale comes back,we'll find out how good we can be, and what can be our reasonable expectations for the end of the season.

Well we more than deserved the draw and it was a great finish to the game!

I think at times we were a bit devoid of ideas when we got into the Leeds 20m area and seemed to do a lot of side ways running! Addy is never a half back and really slows the play down for us, but I think once Gales back that should hopefully work itself out and I think he would have made a big difference for us tonight.

I thought Manufakoa was brilliant in the middle and think we have a really exciting back three (backs) with Foster proving a great signing - again showing the value of a good kicker.

But more than anything, I saw a bulls side play with some heart and you couldn't fault the effort in any of them which is as much as you can ask I think.

For the Rhinos, Peacock must be kicking himself as he pretty much cost them the game and I'd love to see somebody absolutely annihilate Bailey (get Radford out of retirement?!) who is just a cheap shot merchant. Watkins looks a cut above most other players and would love to see him in the England team come October.

I haven't seen the game back on TV yet but got a few texts at the game saying what a great match it was which tbh I didn't notice so much when I was there so looking forward to the Sky+ tomorrow.

Addy may not IYO be a half back but he's doing a bloody good impersonation of someone with a kicking game. IMO, a real revelation.

I think not just IMO but quite a few Bulls fans ive spoke to, and I don't doubt he's a good player, personally think he looks like more of a 13 as he has a good pair of hands and is strong, he's just too slow for a 6/7.

In terms of kicking game, agree he is good and actually the poorer kicks of the night generally came from Sammut. I think Addy was most shown as not a HB when we were near their line as he seemed to lack a decisiveness and speed of thought. But again, I do rate him and think he has a big future, just not as a HB!

I thought: -

- Brett Kearney was already on the way down before Ryan Hall pushed him during the build up to the early disallowed try.

The try was disallowed because Jones-Buchanon was inside 10m so was offside.

I think not just IMO but quite a few Bulls fans ive spoke to, and I don't doubt he's a good player, personally think he looks like more of a 13 as he has a good pair of hands and is strong, he's just too slow for a 6/7.

In terms of kicking game, agree he is good and actually the poorer kicks of the night generally came from Sammut. I think Addy was most shown as not a HB when we were near their line as he seemed to lack a decisiveness and

speed of thought. But again, I do rate him and think he has a big future, just not as a HB!

Well I, and other Bulls fans I know can't believe how good he is in the role. He certainly is the best I've seen in the last few seasons, ok perhaps that's not saying much but I reckon he is the man for the job. Watch this space.

Agreed, but its a technicality that has next to nothing to do with Rugby League.

We need to learn to let the game flow and stop being overly officious.

It's not over officious he's off side he can get away with being offside if he gives the defender ten metres. He didn't do that so the ref has no option.

Well I, and other Bulls fans I know can't believe how good he is in the role. He certainly is the best I've seen in the last few seasons, ok perhaps that's not saying much but I reckon he is the man for the job. Watch this space.

Consider the space watched! At least we agree he's a good player. Will be interesting to see where he plays when everyone is fit.

Just to be clear, (heh!) Peacock was binned for dissent.

It seemed a lot more even when watching it back just now, I thought it was a point won by us but it was actually a lot more even than I first thought. Great seats right next to the tunnel, fascinating sat sandwiched between the bench and the coach/director area.

Sorry, John, but I don't think Danny Addy is anywhere near as good at stand off as Jarrod Sammut. If I was a defensive coach, I know who'd be the easiest to put a game plan against ... just crowd him out with a two-man blitz on the fifth tackle and try to make him kick off his wrong foot. I think he's a loose forward in the Steve McNamara mould.