Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

29/03/13 - Wigan Warriors v St Helens - KO 12.15pm

Who will win?   16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • St Helens
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

147 posts in this topic

Charnley with a 95m try.

cracking try by charnley..............nice to see england having two world class wingers for the world cup

Gardnr off replaced by LMS.....are saints playing with any backs now?

Hughes fails to take a simple pass which would of sealed the game. Absolute class by Goulding and Charnley there.

Wigan look very sharp, saints got a lot of work if they want to lose to Leeds in the grand final this year

Oh well. 18-0 feels like something of a relief at this stage, I was trying (and failing) to prepare myself for 30+.

This is probably the weakest spine we've fielded since Easter Monday in 2004. The most depressing thing is that the only change likely to take place in the near future is Hohaia playing at 6 instead of Wellens. This halfback situation is just horrible.

The only consolation so far is how well Walmsley has done since coming on. My only (realistic) hopes left for this game are that we don't get nilled and keep them below 40.

Oh well. 18-0 feels like something of a relief at this stage, I was trying (and failing) to prepare myself for 30+.

If the first half is anything to go by, you won't have long to wait.

If the first half is anything to go by, you won't have long to wait.

I meant 30+ at half time, but I agree, this looks dire :(

Young Warmsley looks good, and is completely showing up LMS who is shocking and a shadow of the player he was 3 years ago.

Intrigued by O'Loughlin's agony grimace, perhaps he did some damage to a finger or something?

Crikey, now it makes sense why Saints are sponsored by teabags.

Tomkins whinging at his own players now

He was pushed in the back by Flower.

It's on like Donkey Kong.

Quality from Turner there. Wilkin and Wellens is the worst half back combination in super league history.

I feel ashamed for thinking that there could be a thrashing on the cards. This half has been a big improvement.

I don't blame you for thinking it could of been a thrashing, Wigan have been fairly average second half and Saints have upped it.

Richards goes in for the try to seal the game. But the game never looked in doubt IMO.

Walmsley was Saints best player by some distance. Future international I'm sure. Wilkin and Wellens I can't emphasise enough how bad they are. Howarth didn't do to badly.

Charnley is looking like a world class winger now. His nearest rival for the second wing spot is Tom Lineham IMO. Briscoe doesn't look close to either of them. Although Mcnamara doesn't pick on form. Hughes and Farrel quality both potential internationals aswell. But for me the man of the match was Matty Smith, he was class. Very good kicking game and seems to put people through gaps with ease. Also has just enough speed to be a threat breaking the line.