Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

29/03/13 - Hull FC v Hull KR - KO 2.45pm

Who will win?   15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull KR
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

104 posts in this topic

True, but the ball has to get to the back line. And it invariably comes from a play by Dobson. Burns hasn't impressed yet, but it's early days for him.

I was really disappointed with Rovers at Odsal the other week. Bordering on feeling sorry for Dobson and Patterson, the rest didn't seem to be ars ed.

I was equally as disappointed mate. You were a lot quicker around the ruck, won the floor and earned penalties in good areas because we couldn't match up in the forwards.

Travis Burns is doing OK. We now have a lot more attacking options because of him. Only Wigan have scored more points that us thus far. It is our defence that we need serious improvement in.

Cory Paterson's stats are very good. I think the shoulder charge ban has removed a little bit from his game but his fend and strength are vital. A lot of Rovers fans only look at the attacking side though. We shouldn't lose sight of our defensive frailties.

So no Ellis then. Probably for the best. Pointless risking him if he's not ready. It's not second row where we have a problem.

No McDonnell or Yeaman yet either. Wonder who they'll put to full back (can't surely have Briscoe there again), and which one of the three quarters will miss out. Probably Crookes.

No halves and no full back. Too much of an ask IMO. Team I'd have:

1. Whiting

2. Lineham

3. Arundel

4. Crooks

5. Briscoe

6. Horne

7. Heremaia

8. Watts

9. Houghton

10. Lynch

11. Tickle

12. Westerman

13. Galea

14. O'Meley

15. Johnson

16. Green

17. Pitts

Yeah, not confident there!

I think he will move Horne and Whiting about, Whiting to fullback when we have the ball and Horne to fullback when we defend. As you say I am not very confident either.

I'm very optimistic that Hull will win this one. Missing your 1,6 & 7 is bound to have an effect on any team but Hull's pack looks better than Hull KR's by some distance to me, as do the threequarters.

I'm very optimistic that Hull will win this one. Missing your 1,6 & 7 is bound to have an effect on any team but Hull's pack looks better than Hull KR's by some distance to me, as do the threequarters.

I think it'll be a case of your defence against our attack. If you can nullify our attacking play then I think you're in with a good chance. I like the look of your forwards. Lynch is one of my favourite props to watch and Liam Watts, as we all know, is excellent on his day.

I think the winner will be the team with the better kicking game. Our three quarters are excellent finishers as the stats above prove so if Dobson can get the ball left and Burns right then we could score a few tries outwide. I'd personally consider putting Hall on the wing opposite Jason Crookes for a bit of height and get some balls in the air.

I think the winner will be the team with the better kicking game.

That's a Rovers win then.

Cory Patterson with a double

I've put a £3 free bet on him as first try-scorer at 25/1.

Him to score first and FC to win the match will be a good day for me if it happens!

I think it'll be a case of your defence against our attack. If you can nullify our attacking play then I think you're in with a good chance. I like the look of your forwards. Lynch is one of my favourite props to watch and Liam Watts, as we all know, is excellent on his day.

I think the winner will be the team with the better kicking game. Our three quarters are excellent finishers as the stats above prove so if Dobson can get the ball left and Burns right then we could score a few tries outwide. I'd personally consider putting Hall on the wing opposite Jason Crookes for a bit of height and get some balls in the air.

That's how Warrington eventually broke us, the repeat set and the high ball to the corner. That's been about the only way round our goal line defence at the KC this season.

Conditions look nigh on perfect. I'm expecting Briscoe, Lineham and or Crookes to set Rovers on the back foot coming away from our line and our stronger pack to capitalise on that.

I've put a £3 free bet on him as first try-scorer at 25/1.

Him to score first and FC to win the match will be a good day for me if it happens!

Rovers will score first. They always bloody do.

Nah, everybody knows it's going to be Ben Galea. :)

At least the commentary should be better, super Bill. He usually does this game.

Draw, 26-26.

does anyone know the record for draws in a season. This season is going to get close surely!

Back home after four hours on a closed M62. About to watch my first derby on tv. I can't imagine my lounge is going to be quite as good as being amongst my people in the lair of the enemy. At least this way I can feel deflated before the game instead of afterwards.

I can't decide if that rendition was supposed to be goading the Rervers fans or pishing off the FC ones.

does anyone know the record for draws in a season. This season is going to get close surely!

Think Wellsys started a thread on it saying the record is 8 and so far this season we have had 7

Think Wellsys started a thread on it saying the record is 8 and so far this season we have had 7

bloody ell! Looks packed at the kc, decent haram scaram derby so far