Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

29/03/13 - Widnes Vikings v Warrington Wolves - KO 3pm

Who will win?   16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • Warrington Wolves
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

80 posts in this topic

Awesome game, never considered that we could beat Wire no matter how much we turned it around. Apart from the first 5 minutes of the second half we were always in the game.

Got a bit of luck on the way but you need it in a result like that! As Brian Carney said we've got bragging rights on the Wirral tonight....

:)

I hope the Widnes fans who were so quick to condemn their team after last week's game decided to go after all. It would be so frustrating to miss out on the first derby win for a long time.

As Brian Carney said we've got bragging rights on the Wirral tonight....

Lol.......yep I heard that too.....truncheon!

I hope the Widnes fans who were so quick to condemn their team after last week's game decided to go after all. It would be so frustrating to miss out on the first derby win for a long time.

It's frustrating for me but I knew I couldn't make this match even before last week.....typically though, we always win when I don't go

It wasn't only Widnes fans, I hope the RL fans that overreacted about what the defeat meant for SL realise that it was an overreaction.

I think a good number did stay away, there were less Widnes fans than the Saints game but a lot of Wire fans that made up for it.

Did Hock go well? I hope so - he certainly scares Wigan.

Did Hock go well? I hope so - he certainly scares Wigan.

He didn't quite boss the game for 60 minutes like Smith said. He was a constant threat with the ball and more importantly kept himself out of any trouble almost seeming subdued at times. There was a fracas at the end of the game and he was one of the few to stay out of it.

On a Widnes v Warrington thread?

You are Phil Clarke, etc, etc...

Busted...

Good win by Widnes particularly considering the players that were missing through injury and have been missing for some time.

Good win by Widnes particularly considering the players that were missing through injury and have been missing for some time.

if you're going to highlight missing players then its probably best to do it both ways.

There were players missing from all 6 teams ive seen on tv so far this weekend.

if you're going to highlight missing players then its probably best to do it both ways.

There were players missing from all 6 teams ive seen on tv so far this weekend.

Why? He's a Widnes fan commenting that we've just scored a great victory against most peoples' favourites for the title whilst missing our captain and star half back, our best forward and our two first choice centres from an already shallow squad. It struck me as a comment on the actual players missing rather than the fact we have injuries, and for what it's worth wires' absentees were important players too, particularly M. Monaghan and Briers.

James Child deserves a comment or two today, thought he missed a couple of forward passes, from both sides and pulled Wire for a vital one when Hill (who was pretty impressive) went clear through, I didn't see it to comment either way but apart from that he was anonymous and really let the game flow, keeping his whistle quiet for borderline calls. In previous games I've seen him ref he has pulled up lots of little infringements where no advantage was gained or lost and in the process ruined the game, wonder whether this is anything to do with the new leadership of the referees?

well what can i say, possibly the biggest upset for many a year in super league, for me jon clarke was ansolutely brilliant and led from the front, gaz hock was at his sublime best but wire were good as well. a great game of rugby and just like the derbies of old.......WTID

Loads of us did.

We just kept quiet about it. :dry:

Pleased you had a good day...

Funny how Bulldog Burt is the only one to mention James Child so far after the victory. :rolleyes:

I'm glad DaveT managed to get to the game and he even lent them his car for the half-time entertainment too. ;)

Funny how Bulldog Burt is the only one to mention James Child so far after the victory. :rolleyes:

There have been plenty that I have spoke to.

Don't get me wrong he got a fair bit wrong, there are a couple of big incidents that I'd like to see again, including a crucial Widnes try.

However, he seemed to be determined to let the game flow and to give as few penalties as possible. This was in complete contrast to his reffing of the Widnes-Saints game. If he's learnt his lesson then fair play to him. Like Burt, I suspect that Cummings replacement might be trying to move away from games with 25+ penalties.

Why? He's a Widnes fan commenting that we've just scored a great victory against most peoples' favourites for the title whilst missing our captain and star half back, our best forward and our two first choice centres from an already shallow squad. It struck me as a comment on the actual players missing rather than the fact we have injuries, and for what it's worth wires' absentees were important players too, particularly M. Monaghan and Briers.

your last line is sort of my point.

We missed Hodgson, Bridge, Briers, Morley and M Monaghan - which makes any point about missing Widnes players at least balanced.

I'm glad DaveT managed to get to the game and he even lent them his car for the half-time entertainment too. ;)

huh???

huh???

I saw something about people having to grubber kick a ball into a Bentley convertible.

I saw something about people having to grubber kick a ball into a Bentley convertible.

aah, I wish mate!!!

Although Im rather pleased I couldnt make it down to Widnes, but I did spend the afternoon watching Rugby with probably the only Widnes fan in Edinburgh. ######.

Have to hold my hands up and say well done widnes. Warrington were poor,no on field leader,no structured attack and some shocking defensive frailties! Widnes were more "up for it" and jon clarke was superb and kept kicking wire back down to their own try line,where we made error after error and put ourselves under pressure. How many times did Ratchford knock on in the first half? Truly woeful Warrington,make a habit of performances like that and we'll worryno one this season!