Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt J

Rugby League Survey

63 posts in this topic

5pm on Monday.

Can we have one Easter please where there isn't an artificially extended deadline?

Can we have one Easter please where there isn't an artificially extended deadline?

Who has extended it?

Not having a go mate, one for the Bulls fans' not so fond memories of last Easter. Forget about it.

Maybe the Survey should have included questions like:

Do you like to see your club go bust?

Is it better to be beaten every week by 50 points than win every week by 1 point?

Do you think these questions are skewed to give the result I want?

Is it better to be beaten every week by 50 points than win every week by 1 point?

It looks like that

But I trust chris

It looks like that

But I trust chris

Why didn't he ask the balance questions, strikes me as he knows what he's doing and what he is doing is avoiding the questions that avoid what he wants.

There is no balance in the questions at all.

I may be in favour of P&R but not with the games current structure, I am forced to a decision one way.

Its an utterly cr@pola survey intended to have a the result the surveyor wants.

Do you like mum and apple pie?

Why didn't he ask the balance questions, strikes me as he knows what he's doing and what he is doing is avoiding the questions that avoid what he wants.

There is no balance in the questions at all.

I may be in favour of P&R but not with the games current structure, I am forced to a decision one way.

Its an utterly cr@pola survey intended to have a the result the surveyor wants.

Do you like mum and apple pie?

I know and like chris Taylor

But I don't disagree with what you say

Padge, the questions I asked are questions that are asked daily on various forums and nobody seems to have any statistic data.

I tried to keep the questions to a minimum and the answers to be relatively easy, so I would get more of a response.

To answer your questions, I think they are self explanatory. Of course nobody wants to see another team go bust (or I should hope not).

As for winning, i'll take anything - especially in finals!!

I own the site and I honestly want to promote the game as much as possible in a positive light. I really want to help push the game media wise and get it noticed.

If you would like me to ask further questions in the next survey I would be delighted to offer this opportunity to you. I want to engage with the Rugby League community as much as possible. They are of course the heartbeat of the sport.

I hope this answers your questions, if not, let me know. I'll be more than willing to help.

Thanks Chris, I appreciate your kind words. I hope to see you at the game on Monday.

Hmmm! Apple pie :)

I think you indirectly dissed Padge's mum by ignoring her in your reply...

All mums are great! :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi guys, just as a sidenote would it be possible for any of you to complete this quick survey. Its for my dissertation and will literally take around 1 minute. Greatly apprecited. https://qtrial.qualt...4I6NRlzLlceLvox

Done... doing my dissertation on Photovoltaics, so know a bit about renewable energies.

You've clearly not met my wife's mum!

Survey now closed, data has been collected.

I need to spend some time analysing the data.

This has to come second though, to the photos I had taken at the Featherstone Vs Swinton game.

All the data has been exported into a Google Doc for you all to see the final data.

Btw CW - Lovely speaking to you today.

Cheers

Chris

Survey now closed, data has been collected.

I need to spend some time analysing the data.

This has to come second though, to the photos I had taken at the Featherstone Vs Swinton game.

All the data has been exported into a Google Doc for you all to see the final data.

Btw CW - Lovely speaking to you today.

Cheers

Chris

always a pleasure Chris and I'll always remmber your help, support and professionalism when I worked for Rovers

some staggering results there chris! Absolutely staggering..

The data is now available online, please see the results here:

www.lifestyleuncut.com/sport/survey-results-what-does-the-future-hold-for-rugby-league.html

Hey Chris, I'm not disagreeing with the results as such, I think it's clear either way that fans would like a return to P&R and do away with licensing.

However, I'm interested to hear how the poll was conducted and where it was advertised. If it was voluntary do you accept there could be an over-representation of fans upset with the status quo as these are more likely to spend the time and effort voicing their opinions? I would compare it to online polls where people make the time and effort purposely to try and imply that their opinion is the predominant one. We often see a drumming up on RL forums whenever RL features in a poll of a national newspaper or website. I'm not suggesting that this has happened but there could be an element of over-representation of one group.

Even taking this into account there were some surprising results. I think the World Cup answer was especially interesting as this is less affected by the concern I stated above. I'm often criticised for expressing concern about the World Cup and being apprehensive about it and I'm usually pretty isolated leading to me not mentioning it so often. I was shocked to see almost half think it will not be a success.

I also found it quite encouraging that 57% of people voting actually think the game is doing OK and only 11% think it's abysmal. For RL fans this is quite astounding.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate that you've taken a look at the data.

In all honesty, I published the post on the main two RL forums (here and RLF) then it naturally went around other clubs.

I do believe the results are not fair to an extent, as to get the fulll analysis, you would have to question each and every fan at all clubs from the top to the grass roots of the game. This is something i mentioned in the conclusion.

Agree about the World Cup data, I would have imagined at lest 65% of people thinking it will be successful.

With the state of the game, I wanted to release the data as something positive and I believe we can be encouraged by that. As stated in the post, how do we compare against other governing bodys?

I hope it helps people discuss things better.

Chris

Even taking this into account there were some surprising results. I think the World Cup answer was especially interesting as this is less affected by the concern I stated above. I'm often criticised for expressing concern about the World Cup and being apprehensive about it and I'm usually pretty isolated leading to me not mentioning it so often. I was shocked to see almost half think it will not be a success.

I also found it quite encouraging that 57% of people voting actually think the game is doing OK and only 11% think it's abysmal. For RL fans this is quite astounding.

good observations and more or less how I viewed the stats. Notwithstanding that it's not a scientific study and that there is a +/- tolerance on respondents, the views on licencing and P+R are fairly staggering.

D+R is a different issue and isn't as influenced by the repeated champ v SL issues on here. As it is I think DR can be as damaging to the SL clubs as it is to the championship... and again almost 4/5 respondents suggested similar.

The world cup question again is interesting with about half split as to whether it will be a success or not.... and like you I tend to keep my head down on that topic. Repeated negative posts do get one lumped with the 'doom monger' tag!

The state of the game question again is interesting. Given the overwhelming representation of the first three question I would have expected a more lop-sided response to the satisfaction question. However, over half suggested ave-excellent...

An interesting survey.