Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marauder

BARLA National Cup 30/March/2013

32 posts in this topic

BARLA - National Cup - Quarter Finals

Batley Boys v Nevison Leap

Hunslet Old Boys v Drighlington

Sharlston Rovers v Methley Royals

Wibsey Warriors v Dalton

fixture to be played at Dalton RLFC

post-22852-0-00158300-1364414557_thumb.jpg

BARLA - National Cup - Quarter Finals

Batley Boys v Nevison Leap

Hunslet Old Boys v Drighlington

Sharlston Rovers v Methley Royals

Wibsey Warriors v Dalton

fixture to be played at Dalton RLFC

Can you see beyond Nevi, Old Boys, Sharlston and Wibsey, Jim ??

Can you see beyond Nevi, Old Boys, Sharlston and Wibsey, Jim ??

Good bet for the last 4

I'll take Batley Boys to do Nevi and the the rest is as you say; Old Boys, Sharlston and Wibsey - as long as the trip up to Furness doesn't affect them

I'll take Batley Boys to do Nevi and the the rest is as you say; Old Boys, Sharlston and Wibsey - as long as the trip up to Furness doesn't affect them

We've played both Batley Boys and Nevi this season and there could be a little upset in this fixture.

We've played both Batley Boys and Nevi this season and there could be a little upset in this fixture.

that pitch at Staincliffe could be a bit muddy if the match is on

A few memories there?

Dont write off Methley if they still have all their NCL players

Beat you aswell and we beat queensbury at queensbury in last round

Beat you aswell and we beat queensbury at queensbury in last round

They did as well.

I've heard Oulton have a game this week.

They've only got some OK ex-NCL players plus 3 from Fryston.

Sharlston by 20 for mine...

that pitch at Staincliffe could be a bit muddy if the match is on

A few memories there?

Lots of memories Lee.

drig do the the old boys

To close to call this one , draw at Drigs place and then Drig beat us at our place 12 v 18 in the league.........

I've heard Oulton have a game this week.

Just to clear this up..Methley's team are almost all our own players. by that i mean we haven't borrowed them from NCL teams untill the summer league starts again!

And the couple of players that also crossover to play for Oulton in summer, i think youl find they made their open age debuts with Methley and we dont need to worry whether Oulton have a game or not to see if they are going to play for us! Also with the Fryston players, Fryston dont have a team anymore so they have chose to come and play with us. i think youl find most of our players live/come from methley. :)

Its nice to see BARLA have considered the summer clubs when announcing this year's dates for the 'used to be' National Cup.

An opening round of Saturday 18th January is far too early to play games in what is the worst month of the season. It would be easier to rename the comp the Yorkshire Cup and be done with it!

My club play in the Summer. I love the BARLA National cup competition. Isn't it, and always has been, a Winter

competition? I don't expect BARLA will be changing the dates to suit any particular group of clubs. I would like to see my club enter but no point as our league season will have started when the later rounds are played. It was our choice to move to Summer. I don't think BARLA should change traditional dates to suit anybody.

Its nice to see BARLA have considered the summer clubs when announcing this year's dates for the 'used to be' National Cup.

An opening round of Saturday 18th January is far too early to play games in what is the worst month of the season. It would be easier to rename the comp the Yorkshire Cup and be done with it!

Lets flip that for a second......

Perhaps they have scheduled it and being very nice to the summer clubs they have put it then as not to interfere with their main league schedules....Ok so i am joking but why should they move it? You have a choice on entering or not.

"You have a choice on entering or not"

You are correct in your statement - and the answer will almost certainly be that there will be little or no entries from outside of Yorkshire once again.

The competition is drastically in need of an overhaul, or just scrapped altogether. It cannot continue to be taken seriously in its present form

The BARLA National cup has been played on the same dates (depending on the number of entries) since 1973, and incidentally, I have the results of every round! BARLA didn't ask the NCL and majority of the NWCL clubs to move to Summer. That was their choice, effectively ruling themselves out, or being forced to field weakened teams. The NCL don't allow the clubs to postpone league games for the National cup either, but the clubs knew that and voted on it. As I have said I have always loved the BARLA National cup, and for that matter, I would also like to see the County cups given back their dignity. I would love to see my NCL club playing in the National and Lancashire cups. but we ruled ourselves out of them. I think you will find that the National cup will be taken very seriously by the teams that do enter. Go along to the final and see.