Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

topladtownie

Town 28 Jampots 16

93 posts in this topic

As an observation from todays game I was very impressed with the bald touch judge who had the glasses on. He gave numerous decisions and gave the impression that he wanted to be there and get involved the first one that has all season!!

As an observation from todays game I was very impressed with the bald touch judge who had the glasses on. He gave numerous decisions and gave the impression that he wanted to be there and get involved the first one that has all season!!

Unlike his mate on the opposite flank who looked about 12, which one missed sponge bobs bounce from 5 yards??

Charlo pleased with the result but not the performance and unhappy we didn't go for the DG near the end. Woods sounded almost suicidal calling their performance utter garbage and shameful.

We did go for the DG and Acton set it up nicely, Forber was back in the pocket ....... and we er knocked on again. Maybe it was the cold I don't know but I've never seen anything like it. Also why were all our lads cramping so badly and not one Haven player? I guess we must have defended well having coughed up all that possession? As someone said earlier with Olstrum at 9 and Philips at half back we look more like it. Ostrums work rate was phenomenal. Morris and Acton very strong. If we have Thacks and Acton on at the same time they're going to be quite a handful. Stacky clearly not fully recovered but his take of that bomb was just superb but clear now all teams are going to target Hulme.

I thought Walne was injured but seems we've lost him. Big blow.

I reckon we will be a few short for monday not looking good.

im not sure any of the lads were injured yesterday were they? the cramping issue was odd maybe because we train the day before a game has something to do with it but im not sure

Yeah after the match Mark Fryer said on the MOM speach that there were no injuries. The cramp thing was a really odd one, surely our preparation for the games don't change and don't usually have any problems.

Callum, Acton & Olstrum were awesome. Jamie Acton changed the game both times he came on. Olstrum was just superb and Callum won the game with 3 very well taken tries.

Grandad Pora must have been tired as he had to keep sitting down, the Haven much vaunted pack were beaten again. Rooney seems to think he doesn't have to get back in the defensive line as he was mostly at least a yard in front of the rest of them. Doran must have a f*nny as he twines more than our lass does, the refs must get sick of him.

A good three points but we need to cut the mistakes out if we are going to get anything from the Leigh game.

The cramp issue is no doubt because of a Friday game after a few days off Sunday postponement not rocket science really

We did go for the DG and Acton set it up nicely, Forber was back in the pocket ....... and we er knocked on again. Maybe it was the cold I don't know but I've never seen anything like it. Also why were all our lads cramping so badly and not one Haven player? I guess we must have defended well having coughed up all that possession? As someone said earlier with Olstrum at 9 and Philips at half back we look more like it. Ostrums work rate was phenomenal. Morris and Acton very strong. If we have Thacks and Olstrum on at the same time they're going to be quite a handful. Stacky clearly not fully recovered but his take of that bomb was just superb but clear now all teams are going to target Hulme.

I thought Walne was injured but seems we've lost him. Big blow.

I reckon we will be a few short for monday not looking good.

So I gather Declan Hulme had a bad game under high bombs?How did Adam Lawton get on today?

Hulme isn't a bad player but seems to get nervous in the bomb situation however attacking he is quite good and got a try so cant be knocked for that, big Lawton did a bit of taking the ball in but I'd like to see him a little more rough for such s big fella he could not blocks off in tackles

Hulme isn't a bad player but seems to get nervous in the bomb situation however attacking he is quite good and got a try so cant be knocked for that, big Lawton did a bit of taking the ball in but I'd like to see him a little more rough for such s big fella he could not blocks off in tackles

Hopefully this experience at this level of rugby will help his development.Learn from mistakes and I suppose Adam Lawton is nervous with his injuries.When I saw him in the academy he had skill but lacked aggression for a big guy.Nice lad and maybe your aggressive forwards can teach him.

Yes I hope so these 2 lads have been accepted by our fans now so you should be proud of them, with Salford taking the talented fella walne back didn't you say there was another big forward available we were ment to be taking at the start of the season?

Bobbie Goulding coached Lawton from 8 years old and says you have to get him fired up before a game to get the best out of him as he is so mild mannered, but if you get him in the right frame of mind he can be devastating.

Hulme's try was no given ... He picked a moving ball of his his shoelaces to put it over the line . He looks so much better running ball in hand with a bit of space , he's a fluid mover . I like Lawton to , looks like the next Walne to me , so much improvement and natural ability in him and oodles more to come . And as for Doran , Brett's had him in his waistcoat pocket every game .

doran hits the deck before anyone gets near him, a 1 man tackle is usually all that is required. forget to mention about forbers ball steal yesterday when they were in the clear and had men over, very clever play by carl.

And Rooney not being able to collect the ball over the line when they were dominant . That ultra fast open playing style early doors , was a true sign they knew their petrol tank was low.

Rodney pora, more like rodney poorer....am I right....

It was great seeing him dumped by callum, then acton made him his #####. Big money spent on him, hahahahaha.

French lad put in a good 15 , but these lads are just short burst merchants , our guys are fit to go start to finish .

no its alright because the idiots from down the road say he will be good next year, even though he retires at the end of the world cup. awesome signing, i hope the scouts keep up the good work.

Interesting to see one of the deluded ones still thinks they can beat Sheffield on Monday!!! :lol:

Ha ha I love to know the craic there . Sheffield won't be as bad as they were here . They're a very good outfit , hopefully there'll be 30 in it . I'm more interested in us , 4 points would be a great Easter . The 2nd game over this period is notoriously unpredictable , we need to go down there believing we can get something from this mob , they're no world beaters on what we've seen .

They started well but couldn't play the full 80 and pora is such a big forward he gets knocked down by Callum. I like what the coaches were doing bringing Connor on to play half back and switching it round it's nich to know we have options in that area. And a big loss to our pack is Walne I hope he goes well in the super league always puts 100% in and nice to see acton on top form

So I gather Declan Hulme had a bad game under high bombs?How did Adam Lawton get on today?

i think declan was targeted for the bombs after he struggled with them in the batley game. the jampots did their homework. declan still had decent game though.

They started well but couldn't play the full 80 and pora is such a big forward he gets knocked down by Callum.

LOL.... their team of "world class international susperstars" shown up by a young lad that was playing amatuer rugby last year....... :lol:

Pora looks nothing special too old I would say there's better players in the local infant schools :)