Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith T

Radio Cumbria, why?

159 posts in this topic

the whole matty saga is becoming a tad frustrating to me. about 5 weeks ago we were td he was nearing a return, but since then not a thing. if hes injured again then tell us, if hes fit for keigley then tell us that. just some info for the fans who give there hard earned cash at the gate everyweek.

Indeed getting Matty back for the rest of the season is vital. If there is a problem and not

going to be back for a while then need new blood in terms of half back/hooker. While Thacks

returning to last seasons form, would also make a big difference.

Lawton didn't even play for Widnes . Gore was on the bench and they got touched up by 60 . Wigan have knocked 70 in and there's a couple knocking 50 ... Good old Super League .

In the first 20 - 30 minutes on Friday, I thought that our team looked like total strangers with one another and wondered just how much training do they do together as a team? I'm sure the lads who go to watch them training can answer how many we usually get there at any one time.

Personally, I believe that it is this mentality of how important it is to win our home games and just do what we can away from home. Each away game since Swinton in the first match has been the same and it's as if we travel to these games with no prospect of picking up points. That has got to be down to the coaches to motivate the players better or drop those that aren't interested.

totally agree keith, if you play for town you should train tuesday,thursdays and saturdays with no excuses with the local lads who do it eveyweek. dosent matter if your coming from perth

We're in a dogfight bigstyle and they all need that drummed into them . Every game we have to turn up and have the right attitude , grass is the same home n away . Every point is vital ... You could stay up by getting a point your not expected to get . Or on points difference so don't get shallacked !

You can't narrow your season to 8 games .

the whole matty saga is becoming a tad frustrating to me. about 5 weeks ago we were td he was nearing a return, but since then not a thing. if hes injured again then tell us, if hes fit for keigley then tell us that. just some info for the fans who give there hard earned cash at the gate everyweek.

got told he will be back in about 3 week he had a small setback..

barrow have now won which moves them level with us worrying times

No bad teams , no gimmes from now on . Gotta scrap now .

Swinton & Donny bottom two on 10pts

then us barrow hunslet on 11pts

keighley on 12pts

and york nd haven on 14pts

Points difference relegation ... I can see it for someone . It's gonna keep changing . If you can just get a couple of wins its priceless .

there is very little between the bottom 9 teams and no need to press the panic button yet.

I worry about the damage this is doing to the club as we are averaging 1,021 per game this season which probably is a bit higher than we budgeted for but how long can we achieve that sort of gate if we are going to lose matches so easily away from home. It's alright for us on here as we will be there come what may but the fans we were just starting to win over again look at these away results and shy away from the next home game.

If our directors need any further evidence of how it can all go wrong very suddenly look at Haven's gate today - 569 against a top 4 team. Time for change, methinks.

569 , really ! Gareth Walker wrote about this in general didn't he .

They are very poorly supported but its still very poor

Were backing up against a top quality team, with a line up of players who are banged about in a game that wont define the destiny of Towns season!

And crowds will fall because the Championship is over priced in terms of admission charges

Were backing up against a top quality team, with a line up of players who are banged about in a game that wont define the destiny of Towns season!

And crowds will fall because the Championship is over priced in terms of admission charges

There are quite a number of top quality teams in this league gilly but don't forget even the top teams were banged about a bit on Friday as well. Our defence away from home is shocking look at the Donny match, the York match and now Leigh. No, losing today won't define our season's destiny but a cumulation of similar results certainly will.

Crowds will fall because of results AND possibly the cost of admission for some people but bad results more so in my opinion.

It is a sport that should never ask its players to play two games in this short space .

MATE MATE MATE MATE

Nice to see you posting again Choccy.

totally agree keith, if you play for town you should train tuesday,thursdays and saturdays with no excuses with the local lads who do it eveyweek. dosent matter if your coming from perth

when i first read that i thought you said Penrith lol