Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sgt pepper

who Will win the sack race

56 posts in this topic

Millward, Gentle or A Another

I think this is a two horse race myself.

7 wins from 38 games is Millwards record at Cas

Injuries aside, he'd have done better if he'd spent as much of Pearson's money as Gentle and McRae have.

Wakefield on Monday could be a watershed for they way we move forward this season.

Wakefield on Monday could be a watershed for they way we move forward this season.

You're a brave man to suggest that's the direction we may be going in mate.

You're a brave man to suggest that's the direction we may be going in mate.

Well it would be a first OF even for us.

brown at saints. he has no idea any coach that's not bothered about losing two points has to go for me.

Surely Richard Agar can't bang the final nail into Peter Gentle's coffin!

OH the irony!

OH the irony!

Very good point that, wish I'd thought of it myself. :(

From the look on Pearson and McRae's faces when the camera was on them yesterday, Gentle might profitably spend today enquiring about flights back to Sydney! And from his 'hey-ho, these things happen' air in the post match interview, he would appear to think his time's nearly up as well.

OH the irony!

No wishing to derail what could be an entertaining thread but on the subject of Monday's game is the new stand still open to away fans this season?

Edit:I've just seen that helpful chap hindle has started a match thread. I should have asked on there.

Injuries aside, he'd have done better if he'd spent as much of Pearson's money as Gentle and McRae have.

McRae? What exactly does this man offer? We couldn't work it out at Salford and it looks like Hull FC are just as bemused. (We did warn you.) The way he treated our best young talent was scandalous. It was no wonder Myler and Ratchford left, and look how well those two are doing now that they've been given a fixed role and some real game time behind a decent pack.

McRae? What exactly does this man offer? We couldn't work it out at Salford and it looks like Hull FC are just as bemused. (We did warn you.)

Hull didn't need warning Tony, they'd already employed McRae previously. Who was the last decent scrumhalf on Hull's books? McRae couldn't see Hull never had a good scrumhalf when he was the coach and ten years later we still don't have one.

Ha ha, I see "a.n.Other" is reading this thread, he must be worried about his job now.

My feeling before yesterday's game was that it would tell us whether we could still salvage the season. Wakefield on Monday will probably confirm we've gone backwards after last year's encouraging moderate improvement.

If I recall correctly, six points from the first nine games was enough to get John Kear the sack in 2006, the year in which we went on to make the Grand Final.

My feeling before yesterday's game was that it would tell us whether we could still salvage the season. Wakefield on Monday will probably confirm we've gone backwards after last year's encouraging moderate improvement.

If I recall correctly, six points from the first nine games was enough to get John Kear the sack in 2006, the year in which we went on to make the Grand Final.

Wakefield are no mugs and at home will be difficult to beat. I suppose we shall see how dissapointed the players were after yesterdays performance in how they show up on Monday. We are leaderless at the minute players looking around for instruction. There were senior players out there yesterday who stood heads down and quiet, they should of been shouting from the roof tops to get something going.The air of inevitability and lack of belief was very apparent.

No wishing to derail what could be an entertaining thread but on the subject of Monday's game is the new stand still open to away fans this season?

Edit:I've just seen that helpful chap hindle has started a match thread. I should have asked on there.

North Stand is for home fans away fans western terrace

North Stand is for home fans away fans western terrace

Is that the one with the ###### view and no roof ?