Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

01/04/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Widnes Vikings - KO 3pm

Who will win?   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Widnes Vikings
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 posts in this topic

Referee: T Alibert

Touch Judge: M Craven

Touch Judge: G Dolan

Reserve: P Ward

Match Commissioner: P Crashley

In Goal: B Robinson

In Goal: J Abimelech

Time Keeper: C Morris

With Hudds smarting after defeat at Salford, and our terrible away form, I can't see anything other than a Giants win i'm afraid.

I hope i'm wrong.

Can we be that good twice in a row?......can hudds be that bad twice in a row?.....seriously doubt it but I'm hoping my pessimism is again unjustified......I'm chuffed with one scalp out of these tough 3 games to be fair

Warrington comfortably beat Huddersfield.

Widnes comfortably(ish) beat Warrington.

The result is obvious then isn't it?

A comfortable Huddersfield win.

Huddersfield squad: Scott Grix, Luke George, Leroy Cudjoe, Joe Wardle, Jermaine McGillvary, Danny Brough, Luke Robinson, Eorl Crabtree, Shaun Lunt, Craig Kopczak, Brett Ferres, David Faiumu, Michael Lawrence, Larne Patrick, Ukuma Ta'ai, Aaron Murphy, Jamie Cording, Dale Ferguson, Matty Dawson.

Widnes squad: Dave Allen, Shaun Briscoe, Hep Cahill, Ben Davies, Chris Dean, Paddy Flynn, Alex Gerrard, Tom Gilmore, Grant Gore, Gareth Hock, Willie Isa, Phil Joseph, Ben Kavanagh, Adam Lawton, Macgraff Leuluai, Joe Mellor, Steve Pickersgill, Lloyd White, Frank Winterstein.

Be good to see Lawrence back in the side, if he gets his form back for last season it's another 2nd row contending for an England shirt

Giants need to win this one, nothing else to say

no rhys hanbury or jon clarke? from listening to denis on dire fm last night he is going to give grant gore a start and most probably tom gilmore will start at 7 with joe mellor at 6. looks like we are going to give the more or less second string a run out and realistically i don't see a win but i didn't think we'd beat wire as well..........

If Widnes weren't resting a few this would be closer, I say Huddersfield by 4. But once again the derby hangover could kick in.

Easter's already exceeded all expectations.

If we can overcome bus lag and our fear of grass we may keep it respectable,

The Giants should win this one. Widnes have a few players missing.

looks like denis is targetting wins in our next 3 games against salford, castleford and wakefield. and an easy 2 points against the stains...............

The Giants edged it.

Good to see Michael Lawrence back.

I thought the young Widnes players showed some heart despite being hammered by the Hudds forwards.

Yeah credit to Widnes they didnt throw the towel in

Giants made up for Friday night with some good passing, enthusiastic defence and hard running.

well it was a second string team, we will hammer salford next sunday...

Is Fielden injured at the moment or is he simply not getting in the squad?

Is Fielden injured at the moment or is he simply not getting in the squad?

Rested.

He's 33 now, probably a bit too much to play two games in four days. He played against Salford.

Anyway, I think the players will have enjoyed that. Won't do their morale any harm, helps the points difference and gets the season back on track.

Rested.

He's 33 now, probably a bit too much to play two games in four days. He played against Salford.

Anyway, I think the players will have enjoyed that. Won't do their morale any harm, helps the points difference and gets the season back on track.

Cheers, since I live in Australia now its hard to keep up with whats happening in super league, when I saw Fielden wasn't in the team wondered if he was injured again. Made up for him that he's managed to stay fit so far this season, after the terrible few yrs he's had with injuries recently. Really wanted Saints to sign him rather than him goin to Giants, think hes the type of prop they need right now, someone with a bit of grunt.