Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

01/04/13 - Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors - KO 3pm

Who will win?   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Wigan Warriors
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

190 posts in this topic

6-42. The comeback dissipated at half-time.

Green 4th, 6-46.

No, was Chris Tucson.6-48.

6-48. Josh Hodgson adds to the injury tally for KR.

6-54. Please stop now Wigan.

15 mins left.

Text from mate at KR: "[Wigan] just scored the same try twice, FFS". Sandercock to blame rift in the space-time continuum in his post-match presser?

6-84!

An embarrassment for the league and it is ironic it comes as Wood is talking about this year as being the most competitive yet. I can sympathise with Wood's stance but I called this kind of score in the off-season as the better sides like Wigan reloaded at will from the little boys' small elite crop. We reap what we sow.

Glad I didn't go is all I can say.

6-84 full time.

I knew we had some Hull FC fans on here somewhere.

Talking cr ap again.

I've posted on plenty of threads today. Grow up.

Talking cr ap again.

I've posted on plenty of threads today. Grow up.

:D

Sandercock will use that scoreline to try and prove his too many games at easter rant,apart from the fact that 14 of the wigan 17 played on Friday.

An embarrassment for the league and it is ironic it comes as Wood is talking about this year as being the most competitive yet. I can sympathise with Wood's stance but I called this kind of score in the off-season as the better sides like Wigan reloaded at will from the little boys' small elite crop. We reap what we sow.

Glad I didn't go is all I can say.

FFS, it isn't embarrassing for SL that a side of Wigan's quality grace it. HKR just need to get better to be able to compete twice over the Easter period. We've seen similar failings today from Wakefield and Widnes after good performances on Friday.

Wigan didn't force HKR to sell Green and Taylor, and didn't cause the injuries to the current squad. We have the salary cap, what more do you want to handcuff the bigger clubs? Maybe it's time to look at how HKR need to get better rather than identifying a scapegoat. When overseas recruits are getting sparser it is inevitable that the better domestic players will be in demand, nevertheless Wigan can hardly be accused of 'reloading at will' at the expense of small clubs when the majority of the squad are home grown and ex-Wigan produced players are scattered throughout SL.

:D

Bog off, I'm still grumpy.

FFS, it isn't embarrassing for SL that a side of Wigan's quality grace it. HKR just need to get better to be able to compete twice over the Easter period. We've seen similar failings today from Wakefield and Widnes after good performances on Friday.

Wigan didn't force HKR to sell Green and Taylor, and didn't cause the injuries to the current squad. We have the salary cap, what more do you want to handcuff the bigger clubs? Maybe it's time to look at how HKR need to get better rather than identifying a scapegoat. When overseas recruits are getting sparser it is inevitable that the better domestic players will be in demand, nevertheless Wigan can hardly be accused of 'reloading at will' at the expense of small clubs when the majority of the squad are home grown and ex-Wigan produced players are scattered throughout SL.

+1

Sandercock will use that scoreline to try and prove his too many games at easter rant,apart from the fact that 14 of the wigan 17 played on Friday.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if he does. He's a bit erratic but generally quite honest. I suspect he'll talk about the lack of depth in our squad (and all SL sides save the big 4 or 5), which is nearer the point. With all of our strike players (eg Dobson, Paterson, Welham, Eden, maybe a couple of others) we're within 10-16 points of a full-strength Wigan (who of course are missing a few today also) and with a slim chance of nicking it with the rub of the green. But take a few of the top boys out of either side (we're only missing maybe 3 or 4 calibre players, I guess they are too) and the gap widens considerably. Their nos 17-22 are capable, ours are basically - with respect to them - SL runts.

I held out little hope for today when I heard our team but really it just shows the folly of allowing sides of Wigan's already impressive nature to reload with the likes of Smith, Green and Taylor in the off-season. Add to this the consistency of their line-up and the little lads' ever-changing ones and results like we've seen today are inevitable when squad reshuffling comes to the fore. It's ultimately not Sandercock's fault he has a squad of about 15 SL-calibre players to Wigan's 25.

Let's face facts, SL is at best reasonably competitive and we need the occasional shielding of the little lads' 2nd units from the big lads for it to scrub up at times. Inevitably that can't always happen and we will see more results like this until we curb the acquisition power of sides like Wigan.

I made the comment that it seems significant that the teams that have depth in the squads have all managed big wins today. It is only a worry if this score marks a decline for the rest of the season

what more do you want to handcuff the bigger clubs?

Trades to replace transfer fees to prevent success from breeding success and failure from breeding failure.

Wigan are a fine side and I'm not in any way bitter but they have the easiest job in the world of recruiting. I simply want to see better games. The kind of better games Nigel Wood told me on Sky Sports text today that I'm supposed to be regularly seeing.

What is stopping HKR getting their act together at youth level, and therefore having a stronger overall squad? Are the big teams sabotaging that as well?

Money. Rovers are skint.

It's interesting also that today is Scott Taylor's first SL start for Wigan, against the club for which he shone last season. It's just a rotten state of affairs on so many levels. A fine player restricted to minor minutes rolling over the team who both developed him and could better use him to create a contest worthy of viewing. There's so many lessons for SL to learn for allowing him to move up the hierarchy so easily and such moves are reproduced all over our league. Until we curb that we'll always have 2 tiers in SL and blowout scores like today when the 2 worlds collide in the most unfavourable climate.

The majority of Wigan's players came through their youth system, so to accuse them of buying up the best players of other teams is just ridiculous.

But they have bought up the best players of other teams, this isn't in doubt. That they bring so many good players through their own system is all the more reason to not allow them to do so.

Do we want a competitive league or do we want Leeds vs Wigan in the GF for the next 5 years?