Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

01/04/13 - St Helens v Castleford Tigers - KO 3pm

Who will win?   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Castleford Tigers
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 posts in this topic

Referee: R Hicks

Touch Judge: J Periera

Touch Judge: A Fazackerley

Reserve: L Moore

Match Commissioner: N Robinson

In Goal: C Campbell

In Goal: G Towey

Time Keeper: D Campbell

I daren't watch

We have just played Wello and Wilkin as our halfback pairing and we lost four more players to injury. I wouldn't make any assumptions about the game on Monday. I'll be really surprised if Saints win on Monday.

St Helens squad: Paul Wellens, Ade Gardner, Jordan Turner, Sia Soliola, Francis Meli, Lance Hohaia, Josh Perry, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Jon Wilkin, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Flanagan, Paul Clough, Josh Jones, Tom Makinson, Nathan Ashe, Joe Greenwood, Alex Walmsley, Mark Percival, Stuart Howarth.

Castleford squad: Justin Carney, Michael Shenton, Kirk Dixon, Rangi Chase, Jonathan Walker, Daryl Clark, Craig Huby, Weller Hauraki, Jake Emmitt, Adam Milner, Nathan Massey, Oliver Holmes, Jordan Thompson, Jordan Tansey, Steve Nash, Dan Fleming, James Clare, Charlie Martin, Keith Mason.

I think Saints will get a narrow win in a tough game with plenty of fatigued players.

Millward will probly play

Tansey

Clare

Carney

Shenton

Dixon

Hauraki

Chase

Walker

Milner

Huby

Thompson

Fleming

Holmes

Massey Clark Nash Martin

I fear for Cas just now,but its not gong to get much better in this game Saints by 18

Id go more than 20, reckon they'll look to bounce back after the wigan loss, and Hohia back in the squad will undoubtedly boost them.

Id go more than 20, reckon they'll look to bounce back after the wigan loss, and Hohia back in the squad will undoubtedly boost them.

He's not in the squad. Nor is Gardner. There has been a subsequent change.

Flippin' eck, making me look like a fool!

Is it Cronk and Vainikolo?

Is it Cronk and Vainikolo?

If only! It's looking like Wilkin and Wello again in the halves and God knows who everywhere else.

The bookies have got Cas +22 here for some reason. Looks very generous to me.

The bookies have got Cas +22 here for some reason. Looks very generous to me.

We're fielding a very young team, apart from anything else, with Wilkin and Wello in the halves. Meli has dropped out now as well. So we have a fairly pacey backline, bar our halves who are a pair of snails. Should be interesting to see if we can match it with Cas who, while also fielding some young players, still have Rangi Chase in their side. If on form he could cause us some problems.

He's got to go, and now. Money or no money Fulton do the right thing, bye bye Ian

Somebody or a few some bodies are ripping everything out of the club. I would be surprised if there are 5000 there on Saturday.

Totally deflated right now

I have to say I admired the Cas fans for staying to the end of the game today. I honestly didn't think we would win by so much, and was getting rather worried when the tries started to happen from Cas bearing in mind their early season form in the second half of games. However, there was a great group of Cas fans sitting in the away end of the North Stand who were a lot of fun. They just appeared to take the approach of get p issed and be happy. They never stopped singing or chanting or whatever all the way through! Best approach when things are falling apart on the field.

Did they do a conga out afterwards?....seen that a couple of times from the cas fans

Did they do a conga out afterwards?....seen that a couple of times from the cas fans

No, but probably only because those who might have done the conga were in the seated stand! I was half expecting it to be honest.