Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nomad XIII

Broncos v Bradford moved to Wycombe

36 posts in this topic

I would argue that Esher's ground would have been big enough.

This place sounds like an ###### to get to be train

I would argue that Esher's ground would have been big enough.

This place sounds like an ###### to get to be train

The football and the rugby union clubs run 'specials' from the station to the ground, which, as you say, isn't anywhere near the station. I doubt Broncos will do the same.

Three miles according to the Bull website, so I guess you must add in a taxi ride to the costs. Think this is the first rugby match there [yes, I know they play union there], so another first. Looked the ground up on Google Earth and it looks to be a modern facility on he edge of town, alongside an industrial eastate.

Guess it's awkward for anyone who's made arrangements to stay overnight on Friday in Richmond, but it seems they had little choice given the state of the Stoop.

The football and the rugby union clubs run 'specials' from the station to the ground, which, as you say, isn't anywhere near the station. I doubt Broncos will do the same.

The press release mentions getting a taxi, so yes. Google maps makes it 2.5 miles from the station for what it's worth. Lobby's assessment seems pretty good. £19ish return ticket from Marylebone station.

This is a joke. How will London gain a following moving around so much?

This is a joke. How will London gain a following moving around so much?

Well they've stuck in Twickenham for 8 years with not much success so it's hardly a reason to stay put!

Well they've stuck in Twickenham for 8 years with not much success so it's hardly a reason to stay put!

Haha, good point. But trying a new ground every week probably isn't the way forward!

Three miles according to the Bull website, so I guess you must add in a taxi ride to the costs. Think this is the first rugby match there [yes, I know they play union there], so another first. Looked the ground up on Google Earth and it looks to be a modern facility on he edge of town, alongside an industrial eastate.

Guess it's awkward for anyone who's made arrangements to stay overnight on Friday in Richmond, but it seems they had little choice given the state of the Stoop.

The news article states, "due to ongoing pitch issues at The Twickenham Stoop stadium caused by adverse weather leading up to their round 8 game with Hull FC," are we being blamed for the "state of the pitch"?

Why, oh why are Broncos still at the Stoop? They don't seem to get anything out of the deal, but grief. Move! Anywhere! Now!

The news article states, "due to ongoing pitch issues at The Twickenham Stoop stadium caused by adverse weather leading up to their round 8 game with Hull FC," are we being blamed for the "state of the pitch"?

Why, oh why are Broncos still at the Stoop? They don't seem to get anything out of the deal, but grief. Move! Anywhere! Now!

The pitch was shown on Boots 'n' all and it looked to be simply waterlogged. Only the weather gods [or maybe the drainage] to blame, I'm afraid, not who plays on it.

Broncos should wear the 'classic' two-tone blue quartered away shirt from their Harlequins days.

Crikey, it's a few miles shy of Bradford playing a home game at Salford...

Crikey, it's a few miles shy of Bradford playing a home game at Salford...

Half the distance of Twickenham to Gillingham?

Half the distance of Twickenham to Gillingham?

Oh aye yeh, burger me you guys get shafted around.

Oh aye yeh, burger me you guys get shafted around.

Well, the fans who still go. I suffer vicariously through them.

Yet another game I now can't go too. Geez, I moved to London under the impression I'd have a Rugby team to support. The first two games I can go to are moved miles away.

. Geez, I moved to London under the impression I'd have a Rugby team to support.

Who told you that???? dont you mean you moved to london because that is the only place you can get a job? :rolleyes: