Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ramite

Dewsbury Rams v Batley Bulldogs - match discussion and 'banter' here

102 posts in this topic

Anybody whos anybody knows who i am FF ;)

;)

Is FF that male trolly dolly who reckons he's some sort of explorer?

Is FF that male trolly dolly who reckons he's some sort of explorer?

Busted :/

Our home support night only be 700 hardcore but we always take far more to Dewsbury than we get in terms of Rams fans for the return leg so not really sure where Equalizer is coming from there, as usual.. That's not really one anyone can argue about. Our away support in general is fantastic, much better than the Rams with the greatest respect. Just a shame we can't get a few more up to the Mount on a regular basis, but that's been an issue for a number of years.

Hopefully a good game tomorrow though. The Rams may have injury problems but I can't see past a very tight encounter, as is usually the case.

you never have anything constructive to say Energizer...even your sheepy friends are bleating at the 6.00pm kick off...

when you have a 3.000 crowd on Boxing day for the Derby....i guess you think 2,500 are from Dewsbury ?...

( lol dreams of 73 ).........

Lets be serious then, I would say starting at 1800hrs on E/Mon benifits a 1500 start..Theres alot of people will go out for an hour or two during the day and then go to the match at night.Theres also a few that are workingTheres also those that have been off for the weekend and are coming back home.The kids are off so cant see whats wrong with the 1800 start.Plus we could have a severe frost after tea and we might live to fight another day.

Out of the two grounds I'd say travelling Batley fans are being treated coming to Dewsbury :)

FF av you ad a dose of dengi fever from one of yer exotic ryan air trips to glasgow? The sham stadium is like two bus shelters on a piece of wasteland! Shawcross sharks have a better stadium :lol:

Have a word piggy - they're having a go at your house. :lol:

Sorry GOR he's definatly on about the big bus shelters up on owl lane! I remember playing on the pit stacks as s kid and being chased by the shawcross madhatters and then they went and spoil it by throwing together some scrap metal and then pretending Eric France sponsored it when in fact he supplied it!

Dear Mr Woodwood. For starters Sheep bleat. Secondly its hardly a long trip and as most batley fans are smart enough to pass the driving test so we have cars to get around. And finaly as its not a school nite we can stop up until 9.30 so put that in yer pipe n smoke it

You sure about the driving test bit.I heard 3 fails and they counted it a pass up at Mount Tali.

Lets be serious then, I would say starting at 1800hrs on E/Mon benifits a 1500 start..Theres alot of people will go out for an hour or two during the day and then go to the match at night.Theres also a few that are workingTheres also those that have been off for the weekend and are coming back home.The kids are off so cant see whats wrong with the 1800 start.Plus we could have a severe frost after tea and we might live to fight another day.

Kicking off at 6.00 is a bad move. If people are going to the coast (which is unlikely with the weather) they are not going to set off back in the middle of the afternoon if it is a warm day.

The game will be clashing with the Sky game (Catalans v Leeds) and Leeds United kick off at 5.05. It is also Chelsea v Man United at 12.30 which will probably attract a few people in the pubs who unless Batley/Dewsbury supporters will probably not be going home after a couple of hours to watch tonights Derby.

The game should have kicked off at 15.00. The Gawthorpe Coal run is on today starting at 12.00 which usually attracts a good crowd . The pubs in Gawthorpe and the surrounding area (including the Royal Oak) are usually packed after the run. A 15.00 kick off would have attracted alot more floating supporters and if Dewsbury have Sky then some supporters might have stayed to watch the Sky game.

could be along day at the office.Injuries galour means another unsettling of the side.Need to get behind the young uns bit of encouragement make sure the heads dont drop.Wish i felt more confident but cant see us stopping Batley getting a B.P. :lol: :lol: :lol:

could be along day at the office.Injuries galour means another unsettling of the side.Need to get behind the young uns bit of encouragement make sure the heads dont drop.Wish i felt more confident but cant see us stopping Batley getting a B.P. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck to the lads - I'll be there in spirit - as were the rams defenders last thursday. :huh:

I can only add to the downcast feelings, out of form and players I can only see this game going one way. Rams 14 - Dogs 40

...most batley fans are smart enough to pass the driving test so we have cars to get around. And finaly as its not a school nite we can stop up until 9.30...

If most Batley fans are smart and can drive, how come they cannot spell, don't know when to use a capital letter and are still at school then?

My prediction for this evening:

Dewsbury 10 - 30 Batley

Att: 1210

Having looked at the league table after tonight there could be an 8 point gap between 5&6. The season feels as if it has just started and already there is a large gap. I think most people would have put those 5 in the top 5 but maybe not for them to pull away so quickly.

My prediction for this evening:

Dewsbury 10 - 30 Batley

Att: 1210

Close call. Do you know tomorrow's Lottery numbers?!!

Well the result wasn't as bad as expected, but we have all the same weaknesses week after week.

Lack of weight in the pack on attack and defence. Moving up in defence too slowly.Poor kicking game. Letting the opposition play the ball too quickly and letting them get a roll on. Weak bench. Neither Aizue or Gallagher can play long enough to be useful, which means the rest have to work harder for longer and then they tire twoards the end. At the end of the match, Batley were playing the ball too fast and made lots of easy yards. Inexperience towards the end with Tebb trying to drive over on the 6th tackle and then Brown trying to chip through rather than punt it downfield, which gave Batley the position to score the try to deny us a bonus point. Scoring 12 points and then conceding 30 or more points unanswered again for the 4th match on the trot. Pryce started well, looked interested and then drifted out of the game. Hard one for GM, guess if he drops him, he'll leave and do we have anyone better? Pryce at 30% is still better than many, but why he doesnt do some field kicks like he did against Fev is a mystery. Batley bombed a couple of tries, so the score could have been worse.

You cannot fault the players efforts, they bust a gut tonight but the weaknesses are there. Brad Wilkinson looked a good player, hopefully his injury isn't too bad.

But overall this is starting to look like 2009 all over again and other teams will be pencilling us in for a win now. GM somehow has to stop the rot very quickly or we will become relegation candidates.

Pryce at 30% is still better than many,

midday is the last opportunity for april 1st fun :huh:

How many times did Pryce touch the ball during the entire 80 minutes? I would venture half a dozen (and I am being serious).

Compare with Greenwood, Potts and Campbell.

Dewsbury are only 3 points from the bottom of the league! After the first ten minutes the rams never looked a threat and if it wasnt for Hewers meddling the dogs would have made 40. TTFN :)

Karl Pryce isn't the reason we are losing so badly, GM must be more frustrated than anyone, but unless you have someone better to bring in, then he has to pick him. Is Tommy Gallgher earning his money? He's not fit enough to play long enough and neither is Aizue, but yes Pryce should be outstanding at this level, but we have a lot of other shortcomings in the team.

Karl Pryce isn't the reason we are losing so badly, GM must be more frustrated than anyone, but unless you have someone better to bring in, then he has to pick him. Is Tommy Gallgher earning his money? He's not fit enough to play long enough and neither is Aizue, but yes Pryce should be outstanding at this level, but we have a lot of other shortcomings in the team.

What about Callan Beckett, or call Elliot Cosgrove back from his loan. I haven't got a good word to say about Karl Pryce he's been a joke of a signing and the quicker he gets dropped the better.

As I said on our forum, he's stealing a wage based on tonight's performance.

Liked your full-back though - he looks pretty decent.

The view from afar remains an issue of fitness. Getting ahead and running out of steam seems a recurring theme?

Of course there will always be individuals who play ahead of better options.

What about Callan Beckett, or call Elliot Cosgrove back from his loan. I haven't got a good word to say about Karl Pryce he's been a joke of a signing and the quicker he gets dropped the better.

In Karl's defence he was better yesterday than what he usually is. He has been a joke though I'll give you credit for that

Kelsey the bulldog.

If he was better yesterday he must have been really bad before!

Kelsey the bulldog.

If he was better yesterday he must have been really bad before!

He was, trusty me.