Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Future is League

If you don't like it Craig go back.

35 posts in this topic

Agree with u, Aussies whining about Easter frustrates me as well. Professional sportsmen asked once a year to play twice in 4 days should be more than acceptable! Sandercock just knows they'll get stuffed today and so is getting his excuses in!

yes it looks like we have already thrown the towel in for this game, i never expected to beat Wigan anyway but leaving those 4 out wont help

we will need 20+ point start in my opinion

Best not import any more Aussie Coaches and players.

Let the game in England find its own style going forward, maybe it will be a different style that will prove the key to success against Australia, throw it around and mix in some flair with some little blokes running from dummy half to break down the robot like defense?

I don't know. Sandercock is probably just frustrated that with limited cattle in his squad he can not put out two competitive teams in two days.

Craig is not a high profile Coach and it worries me he is considered better than any British Coaches coming through.

Posted · Hidden by John Drake, April 1, 2013 - No reason given

Jesus, do you have an alarm that goes of if anyone dares question anything or anyone australian?

Jesus, do you have an alarm that goes of if anyone dares question anything or anyone australian?

Should I not look what is posted here?

Maybe you should contribute more and I can do less to make this site work.

What part of my post did you disagree with?

The main reason don't contribute more is over sensitive pathetically defensive posts like yours.

The main reason don't contribute more is over sensitive pathetically defensive posts like yours.

I barely know who Sandercock is, he is an also ran from Australia that now Coaches an also ran Super League Club making up the numbers, he is asked for his thoughts and says he thinks two games in two days is too much for his Club rotation and suddenly he is a whining Aussie?

Why is the Club employing him unless they can find a local better qualified for the same money?

Who do you think Hull KR should have as a Coach Whinger or not?

Its fans like you that have seen the game wither on the Vine in England.

To be fair, he has a right to complain if he feels it is hard on the players.

If the powers that be deem the financial benefits outweigh any concerns then it stays.

The powers that be are the clubs - he should complain to his chairman first.

If the powers that be deem the financial benefits outweigh any concerns then it stays.

To be fair. Sounds like an idea for a user name! ;)

I would have thought that his Chairman would prefer it if he kept his thoughts to himself before a home game which could otherwise pull in a good crowd.

I would have thought that his Chairman would prefer it if he kept his thoughts to himself before a home game which could otherwise pull in a good crowd.

"nothing to see hear today folks......may as well save yourself some cash"

:biggrin: now theres an idea!

I think the problem is everyone of them does it when they come over. It's not like he's saying something we don't know. Also have any of these coaches who moan about two games in 4/5 days done the same in the Aussie media about SOO.

Just to be clear, I'm not sure if to be fair is still available.

Just to be clear, I'm not sure if to be fair is still available.

To be honest, you might be right. :)

I think the problem is everyone of them does it when they come over. It's not like he's saying something we don't know. Also have any of these coaches who moan about two games in 4/5 days done the same in the Aussie media about SOO.

But how many players from each club would actually play in an Origin match and then play in an NRL game a few days later? Not that many, per club, as you'd only be talking about 34 blokes across all 16 teams. So the majority of NRL players never play more than 1 game a week. And the guys who play Origin are the top players. In this country we expect everyone to do it. And as we can see, it doesn't take more than a couple of injuries for some sides in SL to be severely weakened.

I personally think we should just have 1 round of games at Easter. That way you could spread the games out across the whole weekend, so there's a big televised game each day across the 4 days.

australian players have to 'back up' ,after only a day or 2 rest, upto 4times a season....3 times for state of origin..and again for the ANZAC test...

so sandercock can quietly shut the f*** up whinging

But how many players from each club would actually play in an Origin match and then play in an NRL game a few days later? Not that many, per club, as you'd only be talking about 34 blokes across all 16 teams. So the majority of NRL players never play more than 1 game a week. And the guys who play Origin are the top players. In this country we expect everyone to do it. And as we can see, it doesn't take more than a couple of injuries for some sides in SL to be severely weakened.

I personally think we should just have 1 round of games at Easter. That way you could spread the games out across the whole weekend, so there's a big televised game each day across the 4 days.

Just to be clear(hey,this is good) the RFL don't fix tv schedules,Sky do.Spreading out the games wouldn't give more tv coverage.

Just to be clear(hey,this is good) the RFL don't fix tv schedules,Sky do.Spreading out the games wouldn't give more tv coverage.

Just to be clear, I know that. But if we had 1 round of matches across the Easter weekend, Sky could choose to spread the matches out, and they might be persuaded to show an extra match.

Does he realise that the average working person does about 9 hours a day, 5 days a week with 20 says holiday?

what i'd possibly look at is scrapping the magic weekend and replace it we a series of "easter blockbuster double headers" held at larger football grounds

what i'd possibly look at is scrapping the magic weekend and replace it we a series of "easter blockbuster double headers" held at larger football grounds

I wouldn't argue with getting rid of the Magic Weekend, but I'm not sure you'd need double headers with the Good Friday fixture list spread out over the Easter weekend. Mind you, playing say a Wigan v Saints game at say Manchester City's ground, or maybe Anfield would certainly be an idea.

id go with that....and leeds v bradford at elland road...as stand alone "blockbusters"