Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D11

Barrow v York

68 posts in this topic

We needed that. Keighley won again today. Had we lost we would have been left a bit adrift

This league is all over the place and a few wins will change things alot. Well done to the lads they deserved a break

Great way to snatch the win!

Spencer looks the business, hope he stays fit.

Typically, results from the other games wasn't great for us but still, a win is win

What an end to the game that was, very poor in the 2nd half yet they kept going and got the rewards after the hooter had sounded! I thought the crowd of 1002 was pretty good considering the football were at home too. They keep showing in glimpses what they are capable of but are still too inconsistent at the moment with basic brain f@rts costing them dear.

We need a solid attacking full back.

I would also like to see The Bull back in the centres

Clay gets man of the match with 3 tries but the Bull was awesome as well, never gave up!

we very very nearly beat ourselves again today :rolleyes: .

great resilient result for us....... its going to a a scrappy affair between the bottom 6 or 7 sides for the rest of the season

we very very nearly beat ourselves again today :rolleyes: .

great resilient result for us....... its going to a a scrappy affair between the bottom 6 or 7 sides for the rest of the season

Today we found a way to win, unlike Good Friday when we found a way to lose.

The key to winning games this season is in the head. It will be tight at the bottom and mental strength will be the difference between those teams that stay up and those that go down.

BELIEVE...

There seemed to be a noticeable difference in the team that came out in the second half today.......like they knew it was hard to win , like they knew they were going to struggle .....like they had lost interest and looked like they were worn out.

The end of the game today really made my day and the crowd went wild..........but the word ###### still echoed round the terraces!!!

we need to pull our socks up and fast

holty needs to stamp authority on this team. cant be one of the lads and be boss man. 2 players came into raiders bar afteer game . two years ago the place was full of payers at the end of the match. christ after a win they should all be in threre . were all this together arnt we?,. the win today was nice and shows a mirror image of last weeeks game.

need to move up quicker at play ball and not stop 5 yards after they move up on us. york were defo nownt special today and with a bit of self belief we can put teams away with the same abilities of york and come away with 3 points.

thought that lad on loan from leigh had a good game and that liam harrison is all though marked out of the game had another belting game ( best player not to be in super league). hope he stays next season,

one thing to remember as well is that we are playing without a recognised fullback at the moment. It is a pivotal position IMHO.

Lee Haney is the best we have but is injured and may be so for some time? Dean McGilvary isnt a fullback and neither is Cammy or Backy.

So it is one position we should be trying to cover asap !

Off the wall, following the easter weekend schedule, it was my decision to allow the players to head straight home today. Away game on Friday, training early saturday morning, the game today and up training again tomorrow night..........some of the lads have young families and after the easter weekends efforts it was my call to let them get away straight away.

I, better than anyone, understand the point you make and the support the boys were given today from the terraces was outstanding but in this instance I would ask for a touch of understanding mate, as I myself headed straight home to spend time with the family.

Apologies for any offence the decision may have caused.

Well what can you say...battled to the end and a noticeable increase once the crowd were behind them instead of cat calls from disgruntled fans..

if you think shouting abuse makes a team play better then you’re as educated as my 6 month old niece. the BOD, coaches, backroom staff, volunteers and PLAYERS need to hear positives during a game.

look at the difference today. The crowd wanted it and the team delivered.

Agreed Mike. The crowd definitely lifted the side in the last few minutes. Amazing finale !!!

The only abuse I heard was directed at the officials, as usual.

We have some proper idiots who support barrow and some of them need to learn the rules.

I'm about 99% sure that a touch judge can't give a forward pass. Some one will confirm this I'm sure??

The same bloke week in week out concentrates the whole 80 mins letting the tough judge aware that every pass from the opposition is forward and that the opposition are constantly offside. I stand around the 40m line on popular side but I'm goin to have to move, even thinking of lowering myself to the stands in a hope this moron can't be heard from there.

What a finish. It was real Roy of the Rovers stuff. I think it would have been a tragedy for the lads if we had lost.

Good post Darren. I should think all the lads just wanted to go home where it would be warm and they certainly deserved to.

Looking at the league fixtures from now on it certainly doesn't get any easier.