Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

usain bolt

nigel wood bigging super league up and the game of rl

201 posts in this topic

I know what you mean

But you know what the response will be don't you

Past caring tbh.

Oh aye..... rovrum!

that explains a lot! :) ..though my business partner is from there and she is not at all miserable! But she did move darn sarf 30 years ago!

Past caring tbh.

No you are not. They must be challenged at every opportunity. Eternal vigilance etc.

Not that everything in the garden IS rosy, but at least opinions should have a reasonably factual basis.

that explains a lot! :) ..though my business partner is from there and she is not at all miserable! But she did move darn sarf 30 years ago!

I'm not really miserable John...... :lol: .. look.... smiley faces :lol:!!

I'm the champion of the lost cause.... Fev, Barnsley FC and Partick Thistle FC!!!! Excuse me if my garden is not entirely full of white roses me owd cocker!! :lol: and I've even edited to put another smiley just to reinforce I'm not miserable!!!!

as ive said above regarding squad depths, not enough players at super league level, especially when injuries kick in, and like you highlight 2 games in 1 weekend for sides is too much, especially when 1 side has more injuries than others, player depth, and has been fully highlighted this weekend. theres no co incidence that all the games except 1 youve highlighted were the games on friday not monday. its highlighted on easter monday with the one sided scores that there is a problem.

i also stated that crowds are dropping at super league and championship level. "Also crowds for certain teams, super league and championships are really poor". 1136 at london and 2788 at salford both friday and 1600ish top crowd in championships. ive not stated anything false on my original post. so everything wasnt great on friday, therefore no "great post".

People like you often make out like you're doing it for balance but its funny how you only ever pop up for negative threads. There are no equivalent thread from you pointing out how great a game was or how well the RFL have done.

It's all one way which is why it gets so much grief. For what it's worth I think crowds are down this year but if it was a reputable poster like Dave T, Wellsy or JohnM doing so then there would be a genuine discussion. Not because there is an in crowd here but because there is an element of trust that they are genuine based on other posts and they aren't just being negative because they for some reason revel in it.

Unfortunately in RL circles there are far too many of the latter and their posts usually sound a lot like yours.

Past caring tbh.

me too

I'm not really miserable John...... :lol: .. look.... smiley faces :lol:!!

I'm the champion of the lost cause.... Fev, Barnsley FC and Partick Thistle FC!!!! Excuse me if my garden is not entirely full of white roses me owd cocker!! :lol: and I've even edited to put another smiley just to reinforce I'm not miserable!!!!

OK OK, I give in. You are a Happy Yorkshireman. Bang goes another stereotype!

No you are not. They must be challenged at every opportunity. Eternal vigilance etc.

Not that everything in the garden IS rosy, but at least opinions should have a reasonably factual basis.

I agree, but there's only onlyso much self serving,chronically maunjy, small mindedness you can take. Always someoneelse to blame, always yearning for a hovis advert version of the past. Their way is the only way. Attempts to address the generations loing issues that beset the game are sneered at, because hey all we need to do is reintroduce...well you can guess what. It's unjust, it's immoral, it's unfair isn't it? Is it chuff. It's people trying to make a fist of a sport no matter how great that sport is, that has always had problems to deal it that affect no other sport.

I don't support or have any connection with my home town club any more: the club I've supported and worked for for over 50 years. It feels great. My time is my own again, no more tide of victim culture to swim against, and the rest.

I just enjoy rugby league for its own sake again

If Nigel Wood told some of you aliens were visiting earth next week because they find RL a great sport you would believe him.

If Nigel Wood told some of you aliens were visiting earth next week because they find RL a great sport you would believe him.

:lol: :lol:

I love Rufgby League - its Super League I can't watch. Some great skills on show but they are allowed to pass the ball forward, and then nothing that the players do decides a tight game - its invariably a refereeing decision!

look quick a strawman arguement! What a shocker

People like you often make out like you're doing it for balance but its funny how you only ever pop up for negative threads. There are no equivalent thread from you pointing out how great a game was or how well the RFL have done.

It's all one way which is why it gets so much grief. For what it's worth I think crowds are down this year but if it was a reputable poster like Dave T, Wellsy or JohnM doing so then there would be a genuine discussion. Not because there is an in crowd here but because there is an element of trust that they are genuine based on other posts and they aren't just being negative because they for some reason revel in it.

Unfortunately in RL circles there are far too many of the latter and their posts usually sound a lot like yours.

crowds down from a record high of course, funny how the critics who demand a fair discussion never mention little inconvenient nuggets like that. As ever there is a debate to be had and I rather wood said something like "we are doing well in tough circumstances, the game can't be beat but now its time to face the challenges we face but with energy and optimism". But bloody ell the misery we actually get!

If Nigel Wood told you RL was dying and we should all give up, you would tell us it's never been healthier and rallying the troops.

I love Rufgby League - its Super League I can't watch. Some great skills on show but they are allowed to pass the ball forward, and then nothing that the players do decides a tight game - its invariably a refereeing decision!

Without a doubt,he decided the outcome of the Catalans -Leeds game :rolleyes:

If Nigel Wood told you RL was dying and we should all give up, you would tell us it's never been healthier and rallying the troops.

I dare gamble a large wad he wouldn't!

If Rugby League was doing well you wouldn't be on here.

For me, the people who are so quick to shoot down people, who dont agree with them and Nigel Wood, should get a reality check and stop being so arrogant. We all love the game in our own way. No fan is bigger or better than the other. A number of people love the game, but are fed up with the administratiuon of it by Nigel Wood and co. Why does that make us any less of a fan? Nigel Wood and the RFL have done some good things. But he has let certain parts of the game down in our opinion. And the Championship has suffered. For certain posters they seem to get off on trying put down people who dont agree with them and in a high and mighty attitude. The forum is getting a place where a number of people have had enough with such attitudes. Personally it doesnt bother me. But its a shame certain people think its OK to speak down to others and claim they should not follow the game. Pathetic. We dont have to agree but least show some respect in some way.

For me, the people who are so quick to shoot down people, who dont agree with them and Nigel Wood, should get a reality check and stop being so arrogant. We all love the game in our own way. No fan is bigger or better than the other. A number of people love the game, but are fed up with the administratiuon of it by Nigel Wood and co. Why does that make us any less of a fan? Nigel Wood and the RFL have done some good things. But he has let certain parts of the game down in our opinion. And the Championship has suffered. For certain posters they seem to get off on trying put down people who dont agree with them and in a high and mighty attitude. The forum is getting a place where a number of people have had enough with such attitudes. Personally it doesnt bother me. But its a shame certain people think its OK to speak down to others and claim they should not follow the game. Pathetic. We dont have to agree but least show some respect in some way.

ahhhh twas ever yhus si.....

Well it wasn't but you make some interesting observations.

And it turns into another SL v Championship debate.

Some people are only happy when they are complaining.

And it turns into another SL v Championship debate.

Some people are only happy when they are complaining.

well apparently SL is rubbish, not patch on the championship for some-but the same people think it's a scandal that their club isn't in it.

and so it continues...... If Nigel Wood said 2 plus 2 equals 4, there are those on here who would say he is wrong. These naysayers try to polarise an argument that does not exist. No one on here has as far as I can tell has ever claimed everything in the garden is rosy so why the daft statement? All we ever try to do is look forwards and upwards, not downwards and backwards.

Are you denying that there are people that revel in RLs apparent demise?

The problem is a lack of balance, these posters only ever pick up on the negative an jump on it straight away. I don't include you in these despite disagreeing with you on a lot of things. Posters who 3 games into a new season proclaim that crowds are down or that it is more uncompetitive than ever.

There are very few posters that think everything is brilliant but by the same token everything isn't dreadful. God knows I've been criticised for negativity fairly recently even.

Friday was the biggest RL related high I've had in about a decade and topped off a cracking couple of days of action. However, all I saw on the forums was bitching about crowds. Then to make it worse, as soon as Monday happens a whole host of boo-boys come out from under the woodwork to have a go.

Don't try and paint this into some noble fans trying to speak out about the game and being hounded for it. What we really have is a bunch of fans that have let their disagreements about the game's direction get to the stage where they are gleefully willing the game to fail just so they can be proven right.

If the game does ever die it'll be more to do with these fans than anything Nigel Wood could ever do.

and if more people delivered their criticism of wood in such an even handed manner they wouldn't be shot down, but DOOM DOOM gets what it deserves