Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shizonamy

Agecroft

67 posts in this topic

Yes, we really do need, and deserve, some kind of reassurance as to exactly where WE all stand on this, undoubtedly the most crucial post Station Road event.

Just one or two short sentences is all WE ask to allay any anxieties we have about the Lions' future.

So, Swinton RLFC, how about it then?

I think you'll be waiting a long time for an announcement with any meaningfull substance to it, how many times have we had announcements but nothing ever comes of them.

Always believed this would happen but now im proper starting to get p####d off with it.must be 5 or 6 years since that first meeting at the masonic hall.heres one you wont get back if you dont deliver.shambles at best.

The building of Belle View Aces new "sports village" is practically done and dusted, can't see the council building another stadium in these hard times. :D

"The council " to which you refer is Manchester council.

Quite why they would build one in Swinton is as you quite rightly say difficult to see.....but hey you never know Salford council may assist.

Always believed this would happen but now im proper starting to get p####d off with it.must be 5 or 6 years since that first meeting at the masonic hall.heres one you wont get back if you dont deliver.shambles at best.

There's this from the MEN in February 2007, but the original announcement was in August 2006...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/lions-find-a-new-den-1038694

I have said before and I will say it again, Agecroft will never happen, for two reasons, i) Salford council don't want us there, & ii) The board haven't got the nouse, or bottle to build it, & doesn't have the financial clout, or sponsorship means to raise the capital, they know it and don't give a s41t.

Agecroft will never happen while we have a bunch of wasters in charge. Forget it!

I have said before and I will say it again, Agecroft will never happen, for two reasons, i) Salford council don't want us there, & ii) The board haven't got the nouse, or bottle to build it, & doesn't have the financial clout, or sponsorship means to raise the capital, they know it and don't give a s41t.

Agecroft will never happen while we have a bunch of wasters in charge. Forget it!

maybe you should put the money up

Maybe as a bunch of supporters we should, instead of waiting for the Kidder to get moving with it

If we all contribute to the Trust then we have made a start on that front. That option has been open for years. The time it takes to rant on here is more than the time it takes to email the Trust and set up a direct debit.

Yes it will only cost you 24 quid to join the Trust with a 2 pounds per month direct debit.

info is in home programmes

Riggy

The building of Belle View Aces new "sports village" is practically done and dusted, can't see the council building another stadium in these hard times. :D

we might as well go and play at that new stadium its 3 miles closer than the leigh sports village, as for a new ground of our own in swinton m27 we have got 2 hopes, bob hope and NO HOPE, time and time again anouncements about a new ground come and go and nothing ever happens and in my opinion never will.

we might as well go and play at that new stadium its 3 miles closer than the leigh sports village, as for a new ground of our own in swinton m27 we have got 2 hopes, bob hope and NO HOPE, time and time again anouncements about a new ground come and go and nothing ever happens and in my opinion never will.

But its proposed building will be involving Manchester council.

What about my suggestion above Julian? Fancy it?

But its proposed building will be involving Manchester council.

What about my suggestion above Julian? Fancy it?

If you mean contributing to the trust, I personally wouldnt do it as I couldnt be certain the money raised would go on a new stadium, maybe playing at the new belle vue stadium is an option to think about as it  has planning permission about to be rubber stamped and funding unlike agecroft and its numerous anouncements.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/speedway/22091429

If you mean contributing to the trust, I personally wouldnt do it as I couldnt be certain the money raised would go on a new stadium, maybe playing at the new belle vue stadium is an option to think about as it already has planning permission and funding unlike agecroft and its numerous anouncements.

You are perhaps overlooking the plan of Chris Irwin et al to establish a new semi-pro RL side to play in Championship One at the Belle Vue Stadium from 2015 onwards, under the name of Manchester Rangers.

So its not "Situation Vacant".

If you mean contributing to the trust, I personally wouldnt do it as I couldnt be certain the money raised would go on a new stadium, maybe playing at the new belle vue stadium is an option to think about as it has planning permission about to be rubber stamped and funding unlike agecroft and its numerous anouncements.

Contributing to the Trust can ONLY help the club in a way democratically agreed by the trust members

Sounds a perfect investment to me for people like yourself who feel disenfranchised

Julian, first off, Manchester council are rightly so looking after the Aces, I call them that because each Monday and incidentally Saturday's prior to the closure of Hyde rd I have watched the Belle Vue Aces, you know funded them in a kind of way.

Very much unlike you with the dribble you come with regarding Swinton. Your not on your own as others spring to mind.

Yet the common denominator is that yet I have not seen one voice on here offer to buy the club from the Kidd family......much easier to hide and slag them off.

Julian put your money up or shut up,your an embarrassment,along with others.

Marshy and m. Richardson your living in dreamland . You both cant stand hearing constructive criticism from the likes of philh ,Julian, and others. Get real , agecroft will never happen.all it takes from the swinton lions board is monthly update on agecroft but we get nothing because, there is nothing,

If agecroft is not going to happen, ever, then what is the point of constantly starting threads on here about it not happening?

I do not know if it will happen, no-one on here says it will happen but there seem to be plenty on here whow know it wont.

Marshy and m. Richardson your living in dreamland . You both cant stand hearing constructive criticism from the likes of philh ,Julian, and others. Get real , agecroft will never happen.all it takes from the swinton lions board is monthly update on agecroft but we get nothing because, there is nothing,

Thanks. Im happy here though.