Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shizonamy

Agecroft

67 posts in this topic

I think the subject of buying the club was more to do with people putting their money where their mouth is.

I do think as a collective group if someone had the time, patience, and  thick enough  skin to drive this idea forward then it would be possible.

I did suggest that people could start this ball rolling by joining the trust and making a contribution on a monthly basis

This has been an option for many years. It would be a start. It would also give people a sense of belonging again and a place to get involved and try and get their own ideas implemented.

I haven`t got any of the above attributes but I do contribute financially as does my dad.

It really is easy to spend hours on here having a good rant. It is possible to get involved with the trust in much less time. 

Absolutely Mark, and I'm as guilty as the next man, allowing my Trust membership to lapse.

I don't think the Trust ever did get their shareholding back though after the club went into administration in 2007 - despite reassurances at the time, both at a public meeting at the Masonic Hall and ahead of a members vote, that it would be transferred and an equivalent proportion of shares allotted in the new company.

I think that the pre-2007 company had one board member appointed as a representative of the Trust, who held a substantial share of the club until a huge purchase of shares were made by Blue Lion Holdings, who ultimately became the majority shareholder.

Absolutely Mark, and I'm as guilty as the next man, allowing my Trust membership to lapse.

I don't think the Trust ever did get their shareholding back though after the club went into administration in 2007 - despite reassurances at the time, both at a public meeting at the Masonic Hall and ahead of a members vote, that it would be transferred and an equivalent proportion of shares allotted in the new company.

I think that the pre-2007 company had one board member appointed as a representative of the Trust, who held a substantial share of the club until a huge purchase of shares were made by Blue Lion Holdings, who ultimately became the majority shareholder.

I think regardless of the Trusts standing as a shareholder  it does give people who are not happy at the present situation an option/opportunity as described in my post above. 

I don`t understand shareholdings or administration or any of the ways business works. 

I just think it would help

The current tallest posts are at Wednesbury RUFC in the Black Country. I've seen them up close and they are huge - way bigger than the old Station Road Giants. If you look left when you're driving north up the M6 by the RAC centre at Walsall, you can just about make them out. The traffic is usually at a halt there, so you often get time to spot them beyond the marshalling yards.

You don't need to stand nearby to see these absolutely colossal giants. Just go on Google maps and view either by satellite or Street view. I remember the Station Road giants all too well, they were truly majestic. They came from Norway about 1960.

BUT, yes BUT they really are dwarfed by the skyscraping foursome at the Wednesbury RUFC ground on Woden Road North in Wednesbury near the M6. They are so tall that they must be bordering on the ridiculous. Seeing really is believing here.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=52.5630989,-2.0226901&t=h&hl=en

They are huge, thats taking the p***

No shortage of pitches in Wednesbury, you wouldn't have to play outside the town if your ground was sold from under you there.

It may only be a scrap of information but on a thread entitled "Agecroft" I thought it should not go unmentioned.

Posted today on the Swinton website:-

"The Lions are pushing to secure planning permission to move to a new development at the Agecroft site in Swinton"

Ditto, noticed the doom mongers have not expressed their delight in multiple paragraphed diatribes.  Personally I think its excellent news and shows how little all those in the 'know' actually know.

I think the whole article is excellent news and to see the club contacting Swinton High and their link primary schools to involve the kids is fantastic stuff!

That's very good news - great to see the community coaches building relationships in M27. It can only be a positive thing for the profile of the club in it's priority area.

Wednesbury RU club posts are 38.26 metres tall !!!!!

There is a game at Barrow on Sunday if anyone is interested !

As long as we had a ground I'd accept the shortest posts in RL!

In all probability they would have to be removeable to accomodate football.

Wednesbury RU club posts are 38.26 metres tall !!!!!

Or in old money 125½ feet

Station Road posts 67 feet

125½

125½