Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rex Turp

Kevin Sinfield 71 kicks from 72 !

18 posts in this topic

This is a remarkable run from Kevin. After narrowly missing the record he's heading towards it again. Hopefully he can go 1 kick further this time.

Yes, I'm surprised the Sky presenters haven't mentioned it or, indeed, what a fine captain he is.

Seriously though, it's an astonishing record and I hope he sets a new one.

Kicks are bonus points in Rugby League and long may it be so.God forbid if it becomes like Union.

Regardless, it's still an amazing feat. He never looks like missing these days. A lot of these have been from out wide too.

Certainly is an amazing feat.Barry Heaton still holds the record then.

Liam Finn broke the world record last year which ended in a international game. Sinfield s record I understand doesn't include internationals for some reason, but it's still an amazing achievement.

Theres not a great deal of pressure on 95% of them though when your usually 30 points up after twenty minutes in Super League.

Yes, I'm surprised the Sky presenters haven't mentioned it or, indeed, what a fine captain he is.

Problem is Leeds are hardly ever on Sky so they don't get chance.

I agree though, can't remember the last time I thought Sinfield might miss one. He seems to be getting better as he gets older, not worse. The guy is true class.

Theres not a great deal of pressure on 95% of them though when your usually 30 points up after twenty minutes in Super League.

Made up fact!

Problem is Leeds are hardly ever on Sky so they don't get chance.

I agree though, can't remember the last time I thought Sinfield might miss one. He seems to be getting better as he gets older, not worse. The guy is true class.

Only time I thought he might miss was when it was for the record!

Superb achievement and one that deserves maximum publicity. its things like this that we need to see recorded more often whether in SL or Championship. Had this been in another sport snot unlike ours it would have had a full page in The Times

Is there really no way we can twiddle things around so Sir Kevin gets the record off Liam Finn?? 71 out of 72 excluding a few he missed at the back end of last year is so much amazing than 41 straight kicks.

Ho hum.

Is there really no way we can twiddle things around so Sir Kevin gets the record off Liam Finn?? 71 out of 72 excluding a few he missed at the back end of last year is so much amazing than 41 straight kicks.

Ho hum.

What we need to do is what UEFA did when it looked like a window cleaner from Porthmadog might end the season with the Golden Boot for being the continent's top goal-scorer in a season and make goals in lesser leagues worth half of those in proper leagues.

Actually, I have just worked it out and the stat is wrong. I think it might have been me that said it was 71 out of 72 in the Catalan match thread on Monday but I'm not sure where I got it from. The actual stat is 58 from his last 59. It's still not bad though.

What we need to do is what UEFA did when it looked like a window cleaner from Porthmadog might end the season with the Golden Boot for being the continent's top goal-scorer in a season and make goals in lesser leagues worth half of those in proper leagues.

Just to be, er, safe, best make Championship goals worth a quarter of Super League ones. Keep the importance in proportion and all that.

Just to be, er, safe, best make Championship goals worth a quarter of Super League ones. Keep the importance in proportion and all that.

You'll get your windows put in with posts like that!

You'll get your windows put in with posts like that!

I live too far from the M62 for that to happen.

Damn that Platini and his cunning French ways.