Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emosi Koloto

The best thing about Super League is ?

36 posts in this topic

The emergence of so many impressive youngsters and the improvement of others.

Alex Walmsley, Marc Sneyd, and Tom Lineham come to mind while players like Elliott Whitehead, Matty Smith and Brett Ferres could push for International selection if they keep up there good form.

It is the highest level of the Greatest Game in this country and should be appreciated as such.

The tries, even when being scored against your own team there are tries scored in every single game that take your breath away for the pace, skill, power and teamwork needed to score them

Other sports would explode in hyperbole at them, but to us they are run of the mill.

Nonsense. ALL passes are forward, and any game that isn't a blowout is decided by the referee ;)

It is the highest level of the Greatest Game in this country and should be appreciated as such.

+1.

It produces a high-percentage of entertaining matches. Far more regularly than any of the other big sports that I know.

It's constant attempts to adapt to change for the sake of improvement and not just sit twiddling their thumbs like other sports.

Speed, skill, strength, determination, bravery all things that attracted this east London kid to rugby league over rugby union

It's constant attempts to adapt to change for the sake of improvement and not just sit twiddling their thumbs like other sports.

I knew you'd come around to the new advantage rule.

It is of course the rivalries, the growing tension between supporters as the season goes on (hi EW) and the abrupt, cut-throat final months of the season with trophies won, reputations created and destroyed, history made.

It produces a high-percentage of entertaining matches. Far more regularly than any of the other big sports that I know.

Yes. I can't ever remember being bored at a game, unlike soccer/cricket/union (even when I've been playing!).

the best thing about SL is that it's f'ing magic

Definitely! +1

Speed, skill, strength, determination, bravery all things that attracted this east London kid to rugby league over rugby union

All the things I love about our game. +1 again.

The fact that not every game is a foregone conclusion.

Plus the fact it racks off holier than thou Fev supporters who make out they are the only true fans of RL. :ph34r:

This.

Ask me again next week and I may have a different answer.

That's the thing about sport.....................

When a match is played at a packed ground and the two teams are of an equal standard, nothing touches it.

The fact that almost every game has something special about it, and that more and more of our clubs are becoming British, rather than full of second rate Aussies.

The fact that almost every game has something special about it, and that more and more of our clubs are becoming British, rather than full of second rate Aussies.

thought they were 4th rate aussies!!!!!

The results a certainty after 10 minutes so you can switch over and watch something else.

The results a certainty after 10 minutes so you can switch over and watch something else.

Grateful if you could confirm which game(s) over Easter this applied to.

Silly question for the Monday games

But that's very much been tongue in cheek so far this season hasn't it. So many draws, so many tight games and nothing is genuinely predictable any more