Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

06/04/13 - Castleford Tigers v Huddersfield Giants - KO 3pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Huddersfield Giants
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

75 posts in this topic

Referee: P Bentham

Touch Judge: A Martin

Touch Judge: M Craven

Reserve: T Crashley

Match Commissioner: T Randerson

Video Referee: I Smith

Time Keeper: R Tennant

Another easy win for the Giants.

I hope so

But Cas hasn't been a happy ground for us in recent years.

Hudds should win this but we've blown games at Wheldon Road we should have won recently.

Crabtree won't be playing after entering an early guilty plea to the charge of hazardous vomiting. * He deserves a week off. That will put the onus on the other props to lead from the front.

The game starts at 3.00 on Saturday and is on Sky, as are many RU games in the Amlin and Heineken Cups this weekend. The Cas/Hudds game overlaps with the Clermont Auvergne game vs Montpellier.

* Dangerous throw.

Hudds should win this but we've blown games at Wheldon Road we should have won recently.

Crabtree won't be playing after entering an early guilty plea to the charge of hazardous vomiting. * He deserves a week off. That will put the onus on the other props to lead from the front.

The game starts at 3.00 on Saturday and is on Sky, as are many RU games in the Amlin and Heineken Cups this weekend. The Cas/Hudds game overlaps with the Clermont Auvergne game vs Montpellier.

* Dangerous throw.

and Grand National

and Grand National

Sponsored by Peter Boddy? ;)

Will chase try to cripple anyone?

Will the lights work at Cas?

Will the Cas crowd disgrace themselves?

Tune in to find out!

Will chase try to cripple anyone?

Will the lights work at Cas?

Will the Cas crowd disgrace themselves?

Tune in to find out!

What is that phrase amongst some Cas fans.......?? :unsure:

Wake up and smell the coffee. ;)

Huddersfield squad: Scott Grix, Luke George, Leroy Cudjoe, Joe Wardle, Jermaine McGillvary, Danny Brough, Luke Robinson, Shaun Lunt, Craig Kopczak, Brett Ferres, David Faiumu, Michael Lawrence, Larne Patrick, Aaron Murphy, Jamie Cording, Jacob Fairbank, Dale Ferguson, Matty Dawson, Stuart Fielden.

Castleford squad: Richard Owen, Michael Shenton, Rangi Chase, Jamie Ellis, Jonathan Walker, Daryl Clark, Craig Huby, Lee Gilmour, Weller Hauraki, Adam Milner, Nathan Massey, Oliver Holmes, Jordan Thompson, Jordan Tansey, Dan Fleming, James Clare, Charlie Martin, Keith Mason, Ryan Boyle.

Club Official Media Release

Castleford Tigers Head Coach, Ian Millward has made several changes to his 19-man squad that faces Huddersfield Giants at the Wish Communications Stadium on Saturday.

Ryan Boyle could be in line to make his second debut for the Tigers after he joined from Salford City Reds on an 18-month deal. He replaces Jake Emmitt who joined The Reds as part of the same deal. Lee Gilmour is included in the squad to face the side he joined the Tigers from, as are Richard Owen and Jamie Ellis who were missing from the initial 19-man squad for the visit to St Helens on Easter Monday.

Meanwhile, Justin Carney serves the first of his two-match suspension he was dealt for committing a Grade C, dangerous throw offence during the game against St Helens. Jake Webster is missing with a knee injury that will be scanned next week before a definitive timescale can be put on his return.

Steve Nash and Kirk Dixon are omitted due to a calf injury and virus respectively while Grant Millington remains out with an ankle injury picked up in the match against Wakefield.

Ian Millward has said that the spirit around the camp is positive going into the match against Huddersfield and that the Tigers are still waiting to see how long Webster will be out for.

"The spirit off the field is good, the interaction between the players and staff is good," he said. The Friday result knocked our confidence; the performance was flat and we got knocked around the middle of the park. There a couple of key areas that we need to improve from the two Easter games and we need to improve them against Huddersfield.

"Jake Webster injured his shoulder in the Hull KR game and complained about his knee being sore. But after a couple of days his shoulder was OK but we had to take him for a scan because his knee had swelled up. He may need some non-surgical rehabilitation or he may need surgery. We'll have to see [how long he'll be out for] because we've got to do another scan. There's a possibility that he could play for a month and see how it is but then he would have to have the operation six months down the track. So we're in the lap of the Gods with that one."

Castleford Tigers 19-man squad vs Huddersfield Giants: as listed in post above

Tickets available from Carleton lane shop until 12noon on Saturday

or online at www.castigers.com until 4:30pm Friday (collection only)

Alternatively, call 01977 555 336.

ENDS

Brett Cullen

Media Relations Officer

* Dangerous throw.

I had no idea Clermont were at home on Saturday, and on TV. Wow! That's my afternoon sorted. With Sky plus I will be able to re watch it to my heart's content.

I had no idea Clermont were at home on Saturday, and on TV. Wow! That's my afternoon sorted. With Sky plus I will be able to re watch it to my heart's content.

Content your heart then.

what about 2nd half?

I'll be asleep...

Nah, I dunno, just a guess.

Think cas new signing Boyle will make all the difference today ;)

Brough will kick us to bits today possibly the best kicking game in SL against possibly the worst in Ellis/Chase/Tansey

Hudds by 30+

Will be in the pub, probably won't be on. Hudds to win, Millward out.