Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

06/04/13 - Castleford Tigers v Huddersfield Giants - KO 3pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Huddersfield Giants
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

75 posts in this topic

3,222 attendance for a West Yorkshire derby.

Do Castleford want SL?

Of course what a stupid thing to say.If you don't know why the crowd was small then you must be daft

Then they should be docked wages

Cas or Hudds ;)

And yeah, if people don't know why it's a low crowd they need their Internet taking off them

Of course what a stupid thing to say.If you don't know why the crowd was small then you must be daft

Grand national?

And is it me, or is Ian Millward the scruffiness looking coach in SL?

I thought that Basil didn't look in a great state today and that is nothing to do with his clothing, or style; he looked far from robust.

.If you don't know why the crowd was small then you must be daft

The damned weather again! Everyone's doing their gardens

Think I've hit a nerve!

I really hope you're not trying to blame the Grand National for a crowd half the size of your average last year.

Last year Featherstone and Castleford clashed with the National. 4,165 for a cup game with no season pass holders.

Year before, Hull KR vs Leeds. 8,673.

2010, no clash.

2009, Quins vs Hudds in the Cup. 2,500.

2008, Quins vs Hull KR. 4,560.

2004-7, no clash.

Other than a cup match at London (a in with a low crowd anyway in an early round cup match), they're all seemingly unaffected (if they are, it certainly isn't significant).

Grand National

Saturday afternoon (whose stupid idea was that)

Lots of other sports on

Several Yorkshire soccer teams in important end of season games

Mainly Saturday aft.

Grand National

Saturday afternoon (whose stupid idea was that)

Lots of other sports on

Several Yorkshire soccer teams in important end of season games

Mainly Saturday aft.

Were the other Grand Nationals not on a Saturday afternoon when they clashed?

Were those games all also played at 3pm?

Fwiw I understand a lot of things were unseasonably quiet today too - certainly retail centres were from what I've heard

First nice Saturday of the year maybe people had other plans

Were the other Grand Nationals not on a Saturday afternoon when they clashed?

you're being very silly, 3pm saturday afternoon, with a coach most fans hate and bottom of the league.

Think I've hit a nerve!

I really hope you're not trying to blame the Grand National for a crowd half the size of your average last year.

Last year Featherstone and Castleford clashed with the National. 4,165 for a cup game with no season pass holders.

Year before, Hull KR vs Leeds. 8,673.

2010, no clash.

2009, Quins vs Hudds in the Cup. 2,500.

2008, Quins vs Hull KR. 4,560.

2004-7, no clash.

Other than a cup match at London (a in with a low crowd anyway in an early round cup match), they're all seemingly unaffected (if they are, it certainly isn't significant).

Not hit a nerve at all - do you have any clue what the feeling is at the moment towards our coach and team?I can only presume that you don't hence your silly comment

Where has the game gone so wrong that it gets so few spectators to its top flight games? How bad can this get? I know winter has gone on forever and times are hard, but across the board (save at Wakefield?) crowds seem to be in decline. It's very worrying.

Where has the game gone so wrong that it gets so few spectators to its top flight games? How bad can this get? I know winter has gone on forever and times are hard, but across the board (save at Wakefield?) crowds seem to be in decline. It's very worrying.

weekly rounds are by and large meaningless friendlies, with nothing at stake, could this be why?

Stop taking utter tosh

The main, single driver is that PEOPLE HAVE NO MONEY

If you hadn't noticed the country is being screwed into the ground by people that don't care

Were those games all also played at 3pm?

Yes, apart from Hull KR and Leeds which was 3:15pm.

Fwiw I understand a lot of things were unseasonably quiet today too - certainly retail centres were from what I've heard

First nice Saturday of the year maybe people had other plans

Issues need addressing at the club then if half of their usual crowd would rather do something else on game day. I'm sure this is me stating the obvious here, but that crowd is poor regardless of the Grand National.

you're being very silly, 3pm saturday afternoon, with a coach most fans hate and bottom of the league.

How come this only affects Castleford?

Not hit a nerve at all - do you have any clue what the feeling is at the moment towards our coach and team?I can only presume that you don't hence your silly comment

The Hull fans loved Richard Agar didn't they, and yet we were stuck with him for three and a half years, 2 of which were in the bottom three.

Wellsy you can do whatever comparison you like but you do not understand the crowds feeling at Castleford right how so suggest you just accept that.

When Hull were struggling under Agar, was this after a 3rd CEO in 9 months, and without a pot to p*ss in?

this:

Stop taking utter tosh

If you hadn't noticed the country is being screwed into the ground by people that don't care

Wellsy you can do whatever comparison you like but you do not understand the crowds feeling at Castleford right how so suggest you just accept that.

When Hull were struggling under Agar, was this after a 3rd CEO in 9 months, and without a pot to p*ss in?

No, we kept inept CEOs and let them sign a convicted woman hitter the day after we announced a campaign against domestic violence, became Leeds' feeder club, gave our players banned substances and signed has-beens/average joes whilst ignoring our youth development. We had money but chose not to use it. There was an awful feeling at the club.

Cas are in a terrible state right now, as you say. The people are now turning away from the club.

Stop taking utter tosh

I have noticed mate. You don't have to tell me about having no money!

But a 50% drop on the average?

Cas are in a terrible state right now, as you say. The people are now turning away from the club.

Exactly - and that's why the crowd was so poor.

I'm not defending the crowd as it's atrocious but I can understand it

Grand National Saturday used to clash with the Chalkenge Cup semis & we still had some decent attendances then