Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

07/04/13 - Hull FC v Catalan Dragons - KO 3pm

Who will win?   6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Catalan Dragons
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 posts in this topic

Referee: R Silverwood

Touch Judge: M Craven

Touch Judge: J Roberts

Reserve: G Corvo

Match Commissioner: B Lilley

In Goal: T Hudson

In Goal: M Hawkes

Time Keeper: G Kershaw

Hull FC squad: Joe Arundel, Josh Bowden, Tom Briscoe, Jason Crookes, Ben Crookes, Dean Hadley, Aaron Heremaia, Richard Horne, Danny Houghton, Tom Lineham, Andy Lynch, Shannon McDonnell, Mark O'Meley, Jay Pitts, Jamie Shaul, Danny Tickle, Liam Watts, Joe Westerman, Richard Whiting.

Catalan squad: Leon Pryce, Zeb Taia, Olivier Elima, Ian Henderson, Rémi Casty, Steve Menzies, Louis Anderson, Gregory Mounis, William Barthau, Antoni Maria, Eloi Pelissier, Kevin Larroyer, Mathias Pala, Mickael Simon, Jamal Fakir, Lopini Paea, Jason Baitieri, Frédéric Vaccari, Morgan Escaré.

Not sure about this. My team will be buoyed by the win at Wakey but Les Cats are a strong outfit. Thought they should have beaten Leeds last week but couldn't convert territory into tries enough in the first half.

Hull's defence has been reasonably good close to the try line so I'm hoping Catalans struggle once again.

Just hoping for any kind of home win and that our "special guest" enjoys himself.  :)

However....

Hull 16 Les Cats 26.  :(

The Dragons have a very poor record in this fixture, something like one win from seven visits. 

Here's hoping that continues

Half way through 2nd half, 22-4.

Balls.......come on Cats........if Hull get beat we up to 9th!

28-8 full time.

Bit of a scruffathon, Les Cats looked rarher ordinary.

Really pleased with that today, good work by the club to get Tom Lineham' s contract sorted.He scored another two today, the lad is one special player.

I don't know how long Catalan should persist with Menzis in the centers. They were terribly short of ideas in the middle and he would been better served there.His speed isn't what it used to be but he can create a gap with his superb handling ability, to me he is wasted.

That was a bit of a strange game. Catalans looked okay in the first half and Hull seemed to be doing enough to match them. The second half was totally different. Hull seemed to step up a gear and looked good, though not consistent. Catalans couldn't cope with Hull's power and seemed to give up with about 10 - 15 minutes left. I was disappointed with Catalans, who seemed to lack a controlling influence. Good win for Hull FC.

Hull were saving themselves for next week.

Let me check who we're playing......

Hull were saving themselves for next week.

Let me check who we're playing......

You know very well who you're playing next week. Salford, at the SCS, next Saturday at 3pm, to be exact. :D

I think we might ask if we can borrow HKR's scoreboard for that one. ;)

You know very well who you're playing next week. Salford, at the SCS, next Saturday at 3pm, to be exact. :D

I think we might ask if we can borrow HKR's scoreboard for that one. ;)

Is it a sky game next week ?

Is it a sky game next week ?

I don't think so. It was originally to be played on the Sunday, but was switched a few weeks back to avoid a possible clash with a City v United FA Cup semi-final. That won't now happen, but it's too late to put the game back to the Sunday. (Thanks to one of Old Frightful's mates in the Botanic for reminding me of that)

Really pleased with that today, good work by the club to get Tom Lineham' s contract sorted.He scored another two today, the lad is one special player.

I don't know how long Catalan should persist with Menzis in the centers. They were terribly short of ideas in the middle and he would been better served there.His speed isn't what it used to be but he can create a gap with his superb handling ability, to me he is wasted.

I thought it was a very good win by a very young Hull team. The thirteen players on the field at the end must have had an average age of around 22/23. Congratulations to Dean Hadley on making his debut, good to see yet another young player coming into the first team and not looking out of place.

The Dragons played as if their game plan was to keep the crowd quiet by boring us all to death.