Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

07/04/13 - Wigan Warriors v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats - KO 3pm

Who will win?   14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

If Poore was deserving of a send off then Farrell should have gone with him, however, neither should have walked. It was poor officiating from Hicks who's stupidity finished the game as a contest before it even got going. This was the first ten minutes, the forwards were into each other and Farrell threw a punch at Poore who retaliated, what else is he supposed to do just stand there getting hit.

The cleansing of the game is ruining it as a spectacle, I don't want to see us back where we were in the 70s & 80s but they're taking it too far!

If, as the radio suggested, that Farrell threw the first punch, then Poore has effectively been sent off for throwing a better one. Bizarre.

Yorkshire Radio. Said Poore led with elbow/forearm which Farrell didn't take kindly to, threw a weak punch so Poore retaliated.

Heard Wakey were down to 12 whilst at the game at the KC.

I said at the time it would be Poore and somebody suggested Cockayne.

Not often I'm right.

yeah lets now hear it from someone who was there, Farrell pushed him away with a hand in the face which was stupid, it was never a punch, Poore flattened him with a good un and regardless of how many minutes are gone, it was a straight red. only one person ruined the game and it was not the official! Hicks did however allow Wakefield to lie all over the ball all day long to slow the game to a standstill, Tomkins was a disgrace with his antics at the play the ball and should have been penalised on several occasions I was embarrassed to be a wigan supporter.

Farrell could have sat down for ten for the push / jab, but Poore was the instigator leading with the elbow in the tackle and then clocking Farrell with a pearler that would only ever result in a send off.

Mellars should also have walked for a high forearm shot to Burke off the ball.

yeah lets now hear it from someone who was there, Farrell pushed him away with a hand in the face which was stupid, it was never a punch, Poore flattened him with a good un and regardless of how many minutes are gone, it was a straight red. only one person ruined the game and it was not the official! Hicks did however allow Wakefield to lie all over the ball all day long to slow the game to a standstill, Tomkins was a disgrace with his antics at the play the ball and should have been penalised on several occasions I was embarrassed to be a wigan supporter.

why did he gave a penalty to wakefield then?

why did he gave a penalty to wakefield then?

Thats a fairly easy one (didn't go... seen it on Wigan TV) the ref missed the leading elbow (which is a shame if he'd have blown there it would have been a penalty and nothing else). Saw Farrell's attempted handbag push, followed by Poore's rather better punch. The ref penalized what he was as the first offence, which was Farrell's, which I believe is the correct interpretation of the rules, and punished a straight punch with a red card. like the play of the ball goes with the first knock on, its the first offence for the penalty.

Farrell should get a ban, and Tomkins, and McIlorum, and Green, and Smith, and Richards. Nevermind the latter wasn't playing.

B)

edit: yeh, and Finch too... :unsure:

Hmm, thought there was some pretty heavy provocation for the punch (although Poore obviously started it by leading with the elbow) - but from the Youtube clip there does appear to be an element of a knee/shin from Farrell.