Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

06-07/04/13 - Tetley's Challenge Cup - Third Round

How interested are you in the Challenge Cup Third Round?   50 members have voted

1. 1. How interested are you in the Challenge Cup Third Round?

• I will be attending more than one game.
    • I will be attending one game.
    • I will not be attending any games but will check all the results.
    • I will not be attending any games but will check the result for my club only.
    • I am not interested in the Third Round because my club is not involved.
    • I am not interested in the Third Round at all.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 posts in this topic

Discuss the Third Round of the Tetley's Challenge Cup here.

SATURDAY 6 APRIL

Swinton Lions v Toulouse Olympique 15:00

South Wales Scorpions v Doncaster 17:30

Leigh Centurions v East Leeds 17:30

SUNDAY 7 APRIL

Featherstone Rovers v Thatto Heath Crusaders 15:00

Blackbrook Royals v York City Knights 14:00 at Langtree Park

West Hull v North Wales Crusaders 14:00 venue to be confirmed

Dewsbury Rams v Myton Warriors 15:00

Sheffield Eagles v Leigh East 15:00

Workington Town v Carcassonne 15:00

Halifax v Oxford 15:00

Batley Bulldogs v Gateshead Thunder 14:00

Skirlaugh v Gloucestershire All Golds 14:00 venue to be confirmed

Ince Rose Bridge v Hemel Stags 14:00 at Douglas Valley

Siddal v Keighley Cougars 14:00 at Huddersfield YMCA

Rochdale Hornets v Hunslet Old Boys 14:00

Whitehaven v London Skolars 14:00

Hunslet Hawks v Oldham 15:00

Barrow Raiders v Leigh Miners Rangers 15:00

Good deal at the LSV with a double header

Am travelling up to Ince Rose Bridge to cheer on the mighty Stags. Am pretty sure kickoff is at 14:30 not 14:00. Shame they couldnt have started earlier allowing people to see the Wigan game as well, seems mad to clash when they're about 3 miles apart. An interesting fixture, the Stags in the role of the big boys up against an amateur team who were in a higher ranked division than them last year. I hope the banana skin will be avoided and then we'll get a nice juicy Super League side to swell the coffers.

Good luck to the Skolars, a long old haul and then a very tough game at the end of it.

Saturday 6th, Leigh and Swinton will both play their first back-to-back double-header at the LSV

http://www.leighcenturions.com/news/188

I love the amateurs to put one over the semi pros and have seen a few. Swinton .v. East Hull and Thornhill .v. Workington immediately come to mind. I can't see it happening this year though. Would like to have seen Leigh Miners at home to Barrow and its a shame Thatto and Siddal didn't get lower ranked clubs, but I am sure they will do the NCL proud. Rascal, I will be at Hemel as well and there will probably be a few extra on the gate from my amateur club - Eccles because the Hemel full back - Mike Forgham has been with us for the last couple of years.

I love the amateurs to put one over the semi pros and have seen a few. Swinton .v. East Hull and Thornhill .v. Workington immediately come to mind. I can't see it happening this year though. Would like to have seen Leigh Miners at home to Barrow and its a shame Thatto and Siddal didn't get lower ranked clubs, but I am sure they will do the NCL proud. Rascal, I will be at Hemel as well and there will probably be a few extra on the gate from my amateur club - Eccles because the Hemel full back - Mike Forgham has been with us for the last couple of years.

sound, I might bump into you then. I might be slightly drunk and occasionally shouting,without warning and bearing no relation to what's happening on the field, a long drawn out "HEMEL!" . ;-)

If I don't have to drive I will probably have had a few myself. I am the old fart who still wears a Celtic Crusaders top, but if you watched South Wales Scorpions .v. North Wales Crusaders on premier sports you will recognise me as the guy who was interviewed on the side of the pitch - an old fart in a Celtic crusaders top!

Don't forget that there's another chance to see a game at Wilderspool - Crusaders at 'home' to West Hull (apparently the Racecourse isn't available). Oh, and it's a 14.30 ko.

Don't forget that there's another chance to see a game at Wilderspool - Crusaders at 'home' to West Hull (apparently the Racecourse isn't available). Oh, and it's a 14.30 ko.

Shouldn't that be "away" to West Hull?

Mark Aston's son, Cory, makes his first team debut for Sheffield Eagles against Leigh East at Don Valley.

link

Saturday 6th April

South Wales Scorpions v Doncaster, 17:30 KO at The Gnoll, Neath

Swinton Lions v Toulouse Olympique, 15:00 KO at Leigh Sports Village

Leigh Centurions v East Leeds, 17:30 KO at Leigh Sports Village

West Hull v North Wales Crusaders, 14:30 KO at Wilderspool Stadium

Sunday 7th April

Dewsbury Rams v Myton Warriors, 15:00 KO at the Tetley’s Stadium

Sheffield Eagles v Leigh East, 15:00 KO at Don Valley Stadium

Workington Town v AS Carcassonne, 15:00 KO at Derwent Park

Halifax v Oxford, 15:00 KO at the The Shay

Batley Bulldogs v Gateshead Thunder, 14:00 KO at the Love Rugby League.com Stadium

Skirlaugh v University of Gloucestershire All Golds, 15:00 KO at Hull Rugby Union

Ince Rose Bridge v Hemel Stags, 14:30 KO at Douglas Valley

Siddal v Keighley Cougars, 15:30 KO at Huddersfield YMCA

Rochdale Hornets v Hunslet Old Boys, 15:00 KO at Spotland Stadium

Whitehaven v London Skolars, 14:00 KO at the Recreation Ground

Hunslet Hawks v Oldham, 15:00 KO at South Leeds Stadium

Barrow Raiders v Leigh Miners Rangers, 15:00 KO at Craven Park

Blackbrook v York City Knights, 15:00 KO at Langtree Park

Featherstone Rovers v Thatto Heath Crusaders, 15:00 KO at the Big Fellas Stadium

-ends-

Nathan Clarke

Media Executive

because sl is not the be all and end all of rugby leauge or did'nt you know ???

I hope the banana skin will be avoided and then we'll get a nice juicy Super League side to swell the coffers..

Has the offer of free tickets for SL season ticket holders to Challenge Cup fourth round matches ended?

Nice one plug. I will get to a game Saturday and Sunday but when there is no Rugby League except Super League on a particular day I stay at home and save my money.

Has the offer of free tickets for SL season ticket holders to Challenge Cup fourth round matches ended?

I would hope so

because sl is not the be all and end all of rugby leauge or did'nt you know ???

It's a good question. Why go to the trouble of arranging free entry for SL season ticket holders and then put most of the games on when the majority of SL games are also on.

No, the fixture was reversed - not sure why.

West Hull couldn't get a ground so asked to reverse the fixture but when the Racecourse wasn't available due to maintenance it was decided to go to Wilderspool as it was closer than the alternative of Eiras Park in Colwyn Bay....

Shame it didn't come to colwyn bay, would have been good to develop interest down the coast.

Edit:

And, having checked google maps, Warrington is 5 miles closer than colwyn bay (although cb is 5 minutes quicker by time)

I'll be at Ince v Hemel, looking forward to it, I'll be the inconspicous bloke behind the sticks Ince are attacking with a 300mm lense in me hand, say hello if you wonder past!

No, the fixture was reversed  - not sure why.

Because West Hull received some duff information about the availability of a ground in Hull and had to forfeit home advantage.

Shame it didn't come to colwyn bay, would have been good to develop interest down the coast.

Edit:

And, having checked google maps, Warrington is 5 miles closer than colwyn bay (although cb is 5 minutes quicker by time)

Sorry, when I said Wilderspool was closer, I meant for West Hull, as although they had to travel as they couldn't get a ground the Cru didn't want them to have to go all the way to Colwyn Bay. plus there's a union game on at Eiras at the same time...

Agree Cru should get a game on up the coast at some point....