Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

06-07/04/13 - Tetley's Challenge Cup - Third Round

How interested are you in the Challenge Cup Third Round?   50 members have voted

1. 1. How interested are you in the Challenge Cup Third Round?

• I will be attending more than one game.
    • I will be attending one game.
    • I will not be attending any games but will check all the results.
    • I will not be attending any games but will check the result for my club only.
    • I am not interested in the Third Round because my club is not involved.
    • I am not interested in the Third Round at all.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 posts in this topic

I love the amateurs to put one over the semi pros and have seen a few. Swinton .v. East Hull and Thornhill .v. Workington immediately come to mind. I can't see it happening this year though. Would like to have seen Leigh Miners at home to Barrow and its a shame Thatto and Siddal didn't get lower ranked clubs, but I am sure they will do the NCL proud. Rascal, I will be at Hemel as well and there will probably be a few extra on the gate from my amateur club - Eccles because the Hemel full back - Mike Forgham has been with us for the last couple of years.

Blackbrook 18 - York 12 62 mins

anyone got the latest on this

Got to feel for Blackbook, so near yet beaten on the hooter by York , a team 5 divisions above

Valiant effort from Leigh Miners at Barrow, and Leigh East had a pasting at Sheffield

great for expansion that All Golds and Hemel got through

Looking forward to AJM draw tomorrow for the next round - hoping that Leigh get a good draw of course, another lower league first them maybe a noney maker SL oppo at LSV in the round after  ;)

Got to feel for Blackbook, so near yet beaten on the hooter by York , a team 5 divisions above

Valiant effort from Leigh Miners at Barrow, and Leigh East had a pasting at Sheffield

great for expansion that All Golds and Hemel got through

Looking forward to AJM draw tomorrow for the next round - hoping that Leigh get a good draw of course, another lower league first them maybe a noney maker SL oppo at LSV in the round after  ;)

Records tumbled at the Eagles game - think I'm right in saying that's their biggest ever win. Menzie Yere equalled Daryl Powell's 24 year-old record of 5 tries in a game, and Dom Brambani set a new record for the number of conversions in a game for the Eagles (14, again beating a 14 year-old record). Corey Aston, son of cup hero Mark, scored twice on his first team debut, too.

Over 200 points in two games at DVS this weekend, after the Sonics beat Sheffield-Hallam Eagles 42-40 yesterday. 35 tries in all, if my shaky maths is correct. DVS obviously the place to be for tries (and amateur defending, quite literally given that 3 out of the 4 sides in action were Tier 3 ones).

I'll shut up with the stats now.

A good game at Workington versus AS Carcassonne ended with a bit of a brawl.    Vinny Anderson knocked on and as the scrum was being formed he suddenly threw a punch at James Robinson(Town).   Several players got involed and Robinson and the French number 10 exchanged punches.

Mr Leahy and his assistants restored order and gave Anderson a red card.   He then gave Robinson a yellow card along with the French number 10, and as Robinson ran past Anderson he said something and then walked in to the tunnel area.   Anderson ran after Robinson and struck him a couple of blows in front of the fourth official.

Town ran out winners 24 - 16 in what had been a quite entertaining game.

The CC1 sides and French sides seem to have done well.

Oxford were well beaten by currently the best side in the Cup, but teams in the league above them will cop a scoreline like that this year.

UGAG won.

Hemel were overwhelming winners.

Crusaders embarrassed West Hull.

Toulouse stuffed Swinton.

Carcassonne were close, as were Skolars and Oldham.

Rochdale convincing.

Gateshead and SWS well beaten.

Went to Wilderspool and watched the Cru yesterday and they really did outclass West Hull, but in fairness Hull kept gong till the end.

On recent performances I'm not sure what would be a bad draw for Crusaders tomorrow, Sheffield away maybe? They've got to fancy the chance of causing an upset against the bottom half of the Championship sides and if they get anyone else it's a chance to top up the coffers...

Glad we've not got to wait too long to find out!

The CC1 sides and French sides seem to have done well.

Oxford were well beaten by currently the best side in the Cup, but teams in the league above them will cop a scoreline like that this year.

UGAG won.

Hemel were overwhelming winners.

Crusaders embarrassed West Hull.

Toulouse stuffed Swinton.

Carcassonne were close, as were Skolars and Oldham.

Rochdale convincing.

Gateshead and SWS well beaten.

Disappointed with the result for Carcassonne. Would have been good for them to have drawn a SL team at home. Its clueless to have them in the draw so soon. Hopefully Town will get a decent draw (a poor SL team at Derwent Park)

I don't think Thatto Heath were prepared for the onslaught that met them in the first half at Fev. They were 42-6 down at half time. But for the first twenty minutes of the second half they defended like  -erm - Trojans - and kept Fev scoreless. However on twenty minutes the dam broke and they conceded 34 points. But they should be proud of that twenty minutes.

When is the 4th round draw?

EDIT: Just looked it up

The draw for the fourth round of Rugby League’s oldest and most prestigious competition, the Tetley’s Challenge Cup will be broadcast live on BBC Radio 5 Live on Monday April 8 from the home of holders Warrington Wolves at 3.30pm.